Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter Eight

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 8 - Chapter Eight

Chapter 8 - Chapter Eight
14/4/2012 03:00

“Six years,” Jason seethed. “We haven’t seen each other for six years. Didn’t even know whether the other was alive or not. And this is how she greets me. By piercing through my new clothes.”

“Maybe it’s because you haven’t seen each other for six years,” Alex said thoughtfully. “And she thinks you’re a prick for not seeing her for that long.”

“Oh, please,” Jason said disgustedly. “Don’t think I didn’t notice you staring at her like a dog staring at a bone it can’t have. You were practically drooling.”

Alex reddened. “I was not.”

Jason waved away his friend’s feeble denial and punched his bag in frustration. “Six years!” He was shocked at his sister’s transformation. The Kaley he knew was gentle, beautiful and always listened to him and did what he said. This Kaley? Well, she was the exact opposite. Except for her beauty. She was even more beautiful than before, but it was a different kind of attractiveness. The thirteen year old was a gentle, pliable, blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty. This Kaley? She was more of a sheer, sharp beauty; her blue eyes glinted strikingly dangerous against her raven black hair that flowed down her back. He could understand why Alex was entranced by her.

“Stop ogling my sister.”

“We’re not going to see her anymore anyway.”

Jason smiled and shook his head. “I have a feeling that we’re going to be seeing her quite a lot from now on.”

“Really?” Alex asked eagerly.

Jason shot him a revolted look. “Can’t you even try to pretend—”

“Sorry.”

“Six freaking years!” Jason suddenly burst out.

“Glad to see you’re taking it well.”

Jason glared at him, and he shut up. “She has the Conjunct Amulet. I know it. I just know it.”

“How on earth do you just know things?”

“It’s like a sixth sense.”

“The sixth sense that doesn’t work.”

“It works.”

“Oh, really? Remember the time when you thought Laura—”

“That was an exception,” Jason said through gritted teeth.

“Oh, fine. Then how about the time when you thought Katelyn—”

“She was being very misleading.”

“Oh, fine. Then how about the time when you thought Brandon—”

“I wasn’t the only one who thought he was gay!”

“What—How…? He has a girlfriend!”

“Well…” Jason trailed off, looking for an excuse. “He could be bi.”

Alex looked at him disdainfully. “Is that the best you could come up with?”

“Well, you give me one, then.”

“Why? I’m not the one who keeps thinking that someone has a crush on me.”

“Hey, Katelyn was being abnormally nice to me! It was just something a normal person would think.”

Alex shot him a look. “Abnormally nice?”

“She gave me that cast on my leg when I broke it.”

“That’s because she was the doctor.”

“Oh shut up.”

Alex laughed and unzipped the tent, ducking out. Jason turned away from him. He heard a yelp and a thud.

“What did you do now?” he called irritably over his shoulder.

“He walked into me,” Kaley said coolly as she ducked into the tent.

Jason whipped around and reached for his sword.

She held up her hands. “Whoa. I come in uh, peace. See? No weapons?”

Jason held onto his sword warily. “Sit.”

Kaley sat obediently in front of him. “It’s really not fair that you’re armed and I’m not.”

“Life’s not fair.”

She fell silent then, looking at him searchingly. The silence lasted for what seemed like ages.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment