Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine
14/4/2012 03:25

Kaley took advantage of the silence to take a long hard look at her brother. The only thing that had really changed was his hair. It wasn’t a very appealing shade of red. It was a cross between auburn hair, ginger hair, and blood red dye. A bit like ketchup. That’s the first thing that popped into her mind every time she thought of his hair. Ketchup.

His eyes were different too. They weren’t light grey anymore. They were a dark, dark grey, almost black, with a metallic hint to it. The thin sliver of silver contrasted brightly with it.

“What do you want, Kales?” he asked cagily.

“Just to talk.”

“Why?”

“Well…we haven’t seen each other for six years. I would’ve thought that we’d have quite a lot to catch up on.”

“How did you find us?”

“It’s not like you got very far. Exactly three miles away from us.”

“If that’s the closest we can get to you, then you can be sure we’re going to be there.” He looked into her eyes. “I’m getting that Conjunct Amulet, Kales.”

“Good to know. Maybe we can share it when you’re done.”

He scowled. He really hadn’t changed. Not that she’d know. She never stood up to him. But things are different now.

“So,” she said, breaking the silence. “How’ve you been?”

He raised an eyebrow at the ridiculousness of her question. “Fine. You?”

“Good.”

“What happened?” he suddenly blurted out. “Why didn’t you come with me on that day?”

“You’re blaming me for this?” She wished she had her Throwing Stars right now. “You’re the one who went in and totally abandoned me.”

“I waited for you.”

“The hell you did.”

“I called for you but you didn’t reply me.”

“Same here.”

“But…there was no way you couldn’t have heard me.”

“And I thought you were being a dick as usual and was trying to scare me.”

“Well, you could’ve taken the hint when I didn’t reply you.”

“As I said, I thought you were being a dick. I was lucky one of the Red Fighters found me. I was unconscious and was apparently dangerously ill.”

Jason bit his lip. “I was kind of a dick, wasn’t I?”

“Most of the time, yeah.”

Jason smiled. “Sorry.”

Kaley stood up. “Me too.” She paused. “It’s a shame.”

“Yeah.”

“What’s a shame?” Alex said, ducking into the tent.

“That we’re enemies. Or we’re supposed to be.” Kaley smiled gently before exhaling loudly. It was wrong. First she got separated with her twin brother. And then when she finally found him again, she found out that he was a Black Fighter. A Black Fighter, for God’s sake. She held down the tears that were threatening to spill over. “I should go. Ray wakes up quite early.”

As she walked past Alex, she gave him a nod, and he gave her a quick smile.

“Bye,” he said.

Kaley raised an eyebrow. “Uh, bye.” She ducked out of the tent.

“Kales?” Jason called just before she zipped up the tent.

“Yeah?”

“I’m still coming after you for the Conjunct Amulet.”

She snorted. “Oh, please.” She zipped the tent up in one fluid motion and left, running the three miles back to her tent.

She unzipped her tent as quietly as she could and found Ray inside, sleeping. Good. She got into her sleeping bag.

“Where’ve you been?” he asked suddenly.

Crap. “Uh…I went for a jog.”

“At three in the morning?”

“I had to tire myself out.” She feigned a yawn.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment