Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter Twelve

I had an urge to write something like this...so i did lol enjoy.xx
it's about twins (boy and girl). they went into what they thought was their garden when they were 13.
6 years later, they were still stuck in it.

Chapter 12 - Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12 - Chapter Twelve
15/4/2012 16:48

Jason groaned. Finally. He felt like dropping down onto the ground and sleeping, but he had a feeling that Alex would tell everyone else to come see him snore like a pig.

“We’re here,” Alex said, stopping beside him.

“Why else did you think I stopped?” Jason shot back.

“I thought you were going to drop down onto the floor and sleep.” Alex smirked.

Damn him. He always seemed to know what he was thinking.

“I know you too well, don’t I?” Alex asked him as they strolled towards their tent, winking to a couple of female Fighters that were passing by. They giggled.
“Too damn well.” Guess my sister’s forgotten, Jason thought drily. At least, for the time being.

He collapsed once he got into his tent. That four hour run had killed his legs.

“Stop being lazy and do something,” Alex said, motioning for the wolves to be dismissed.

“Like what?”

“Like helping to unpack.”

Jason reached over and unbuttoned his bag. “You can do the rest.”

Alex rolled his eyes. “You’re the laziest colleague I’ve ever had the misfortune to have.”

“Lucky you.”

Alex flipped Jason’s bag over expertly with his foot, and everything inside crashed onto the floor. “There. I helped you unpack. Thank me.”

Jason flipped him off but otherwise ignored him.

The tent was suddenly flooded with bright light as someone opened the flap and ducked in.

“Jason!” A girl that was about eight years old rushed towards him and hurtled herself into his arms.

Jason laughed and hugged her. “Hey, Bran.”

The girl pulled adamantly away from him. “It’s Brianna. Brianna. I am not a kind of cornflake.”

“Sorry.”

“No, you’re not.”

Jason grinned. “I’m sorry, Bran. I really am.”

“Brianna,” she screeched at him.

Jason winced. “No need to shout.”

She pouted. “It’s Brianna.”

“How about I call you Bree? That sounds nice, and it isn’t a kind of cornflake.”

Brianna sniffed. “It sounds like that cheese.”

Jason flicked her shoulder. “It’s either cornflake or cheese. Take your pick.”

She huffed and he pulled her in for a hug, laughing.

“Where did you go this time?” she asked when she pulled away again.

He sat up and smiled smugly. “We went over to the Red Fighters’ base.”

Brianna’s eyes widened. “Really? Wow! What did you do?”

“We stole their scroll.”

Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head. “Why?”

“Because we were told to, and you know we must—”

“Always do as we’re told,” Brianna interrupted, finishing his sentence for him. “Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

“And have you been doing what you’re told to do?”

Brianna shrugged. “Sometimes.”

“Tsk, tsk. It’s always do as we’re told, not sometimes do as we’re told, Bree.”

“They make me do the stupidest things.” Brianna pouted.

Jason patted the space beside him, and instead of sitting down next to him, she went to sit on his lap. “Really?” he asked. “Like what?”

“Like running three miles every morning!” the girl cried. “That’s a lot.”

Jason grinned. “You better get used to running, Bree. You’re going to have to do that a lot when you’re older.”

The girl groaned and buried her head into his shoulder. “Really?”

“Really. I ran for four hours straight coming back.”

“Wow. Four hours?”

“Yep.”

“Do your feet hurt?”

“More than words can describe.”

She nodded, distracted when she heard a cough in the background. “Alex?” she asked.

Alex turned from where he was sitting. “Hello, Brianna.”

Brianna slid off Jason’s lap and scrambled over to sit down opposite of Alex, Jason already forgotten. “Did you really run for four hours straight?”

“Yes.”

“Do you do that often?”

“Too often for my liking.” He chuckled. “I have something for you.”

Brianna clapped her hands together in delight. “What is it?”

As Brianna continued to salivate over Alex, Jason sighed, got up and unzipped the tent, ready to go out.

“Jason!”

Jason stopped, but didn’t turn around. “Yes, Alex?”

“Where are you going?”

“Out.”

“Dinner’s in an hour. Don’t be late.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” he replied sarcastically before stalking off into the woods.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

liggybird on June 27, 2009, 9:58:27 PM

liggybird on
liggybirdThese latest chapters are terrific Nata.

Wolves, clandestine journeys (between various tents and elsewhere), rides on ligers, scrolls, surrogate and biological mothering and so on.

I also find it cool how you use plenty of little interpersonal dramas (like Alex accusing Jason of being lazy at the start of this chapter) to bring out your characters' natures.

My understanding of the story's far from perfect - but it's a highly enjoyable ride all the same.

xxnataxx on June 27, 2009, 10:08:56 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxthanks. i havent heard from you for a while. how're you? x

liggybird on June 28, 2009, 4:10:55 AM

liggybird on
liggybirdI'm quite well (says he touching wood) thanks. I'm just doing routine stuff like walking into town to shop and have the occasional coffee or, like today, a glass of beer. Yesterday I went to the cinema to see a newly released film called 'Sunshine Cleaning'. I go most places on my own, but it's better than staying in.
It was very nice of you to jog my memory today. I've really enjoyed bringing myself up to date with Kaley's and Jason's adventures. I'm a bit of a romantic, so I'm interested in the 'who's fancying who' aspects of the story as well as the rest of the drama.
I just read two chapters of 'Tia??' and love it so far btw. Keep up the good work. This is some of the best writing I've seen. It's hard to believe you're only fourteen.
Thanks for sharing these stories.

xxnataxx on June 28, 2009, 5:07:17 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxoh? how was the film? didnt you go with your son? i stayed at the house (boarding school) today and watched Casino Royale with my friends, pigging out and eating ice cream and coke lol it was the mst brilliant way to waste a day.
thanks for all the compliments (: give me a little critism from time to time, so that my head doesnt get too big lol xx

liggybird on June 28, 2009, 10:16:02 AM

liggybird on
liggybirdThe film was very good. (I'd recommend it, but I imagine it's nothing like Casino Royale.) My son went with me last week to see Monsters Versus Aliens. I'd forgotten that when I said I went most places on my own. I had to talk him into going, but he said afterwards he'd enjoyed the film.
Your boarding school sounds cool. Sounds like it's probably a good environment for literary creativity. Have a fabulous summer vacation soon.

xxnataxx on June 28, 2009, 7:34:59 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxooh i've always wanted to see monsters vs aliens. lol it's the teenage rebellion phase isnt it?
yea...but they work us pretty hard sometimes...it's just because it's the end of term that they cut us some slack.
thanks...hope you have a great one too (:
x