Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dunno

It's just a random story that I wrote one night...well, morning really at 3am.

Chapter 1 - Dunno

Chapter 1 - Dunno
The King Of Egypt

By: Katie Baker



One warm Egyptian day, a young boy sat in his room...he thought he was alone in the large palace...He was the next in line to be the new king of Egypt.
As he sat there the large wooden door opened slightly and a young women walked in carrying an elaborate burgundy robe that was much like the one the boys father wore. Isis what is the matter, why are you crying? The young boy asked looking up at the priestess, she then returned his gaze and between tears said in a muffled voice.
"Young king...Atemu&your father has died." She said this and started to weep.
The young king was about the height of an average 16 year old. He also, like his brothers had received the tomb keepers annotation just in case his father thought it best for one of his brothers to become king.
As he came into the throne room he saw his mother, he could tell that she had been crying and who wouldnt if their husband had just died.
He walked in slowly, eyes down cast to the floor; he approached his mothers throne and knelt in front of her. Her soft voice startled him.
"My son, arise, face me like a true king would face an enemy." The young boy looked up at his mother, tears clouding his eyes, he could barley see. "Darling, come here." She said putting her hand under his chin. He wanted to look away but kept a straight face.
"Mother..." he said afraid to speak. He looked up in to his mothers eyes and she began to cry. Mother why are you crying? Are you alright? He looked around the throne room and all of the priests are in tears. What is going on, Mother? He spoke slowly and quietly.
Atemu, look down, darling&look at what you are wearing. His mother wiped a tear from her eye and turned him to face the priests&he looked down and gasped&he was wearing his fathers robe and it fit him perfectly. Do you see, the Gods wish you to be Pharaoh. You must go, Atemu, go and study your summoning magic, alright? She dismissed her son. He followed one of his friends to the garden, and they practiced together.
Ummm&Atemu&are you alright, you do not seem to be concentrating&what is on your mind? Mana asked&Atemu looked up surprised as though he did not hear her.
Hmm&I am sorry Mana I was just thinking&about my father He sat down. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment&will you forgive me? He asked as Mana sat down beside him, she looked in his eyes, he was crying.
Its alright, you do not need to apologize, I completely understand. Would you like to practice tomorrow? She asked standing&her long black hair blew in the warm breeze.
I do not know&I will decide later&if you want me I will be in the library of names& Atemu said as he stood.
Alright I will see you tomorrow&Pharaoh? Mana said&then as she was walking back to the doors of the palace she burst out in laughter.
Mana&what is the matter? Pharaoh& Mahado bowed as he walked by&he rose slowly and shot Mana an odd look&Pharaoh&is she alright? He asked sarcastically, trying not to laugh as Mana fell to her knees holding her sides.
I do not know&why is everyone calling me&oh never mind. I guess she thinks calling me Pharaoh is amusing. Atemu said looking down at Mana who was rolling on the ground laughing. Atemu and Mahado looked at her as though she had lost her mind. And they had begun to think she had.
Ahaha&I am sorry my king&master Mahado&I just& Mana turned to Atemu and tried to back up but Mahado stopped her&Uhhhhh&may I please be excused to my room?
Let her go Ill be in the library of names&good night. Atemu walked off thinking to himself&I wonder why Mana was laughing so hard? Then as he walked down the open hallway he heard the priests chattering and some yelling at each other&Seto and Karim, at it again& He sighed heavily as he walked into the old library across the hall. All the priests were walking out&they bowed and slowly walked away whispering to each other. He could not hear them and he wondered what they were talking about when he heard his name mentioned. He just ignored them, and walked through the old shelves&looking at almost every name when he looked out the window, the sun had set and the moon was high in the sky.
I really need to talk to Isis tomorrow& He thought continuing to searching the shelves&Saimun, his advisor, walked in and saw him but did not speak. Atemu sighed and continued looking through the scrolls. He was so immersed in the library that he did not here the priests yelling and sobbing until he walked out.
What in Ras name is going on out here? He asked Saimun who was, by now sobbing.
Pharaoh&Bakura has killed your mother& The little man said&not daring to look up at the young kings face.
Atemu ran to his mothers torn, beaten body, and tried to heal her with magic but he could not.
Pharaoh&dont waste you energy& Seto said lifting Atemu from his knees.
Atemu continued to sob and pulled away from Seto. He ran to his room and locked the stone door.
Hes been through too much today& Shada placed his hand gently on Manas shoulder as she sobbed, We all have& He knelt beside Mana and gently rubbed her back. He stood lifting Nefrets body and carried it to the embalmers chamber.
Come Mana&lets go see if Atemu needs anything. Saimun helped the young priestess up off the ground and they walked to Atemus room. Mahado, who was not even close to crying, stood and walked to Isiss room&he knocked and she opened the door with tears in her eyes.
Whats the matter, sister? He asked wiping a tear from her cheek.
N-nothing&Brother.
Oh really& He asked as she began to calm down.
...Meanwhile...
Sitting on his bed Atemu sobbed. Then looked up as someone knocked on the door. C-come in. He knew it would be his best friend.
As the door opened Mana walked in. Pharaoh?
He stood up and walked over to her. Remarkably he managed to smile. What is it?
She looked up at him. I just came to see if you were okay. I mean& She stopped talking as he turned his head and coughed.
Sorry. He looked back at her&tears filled his crimson eyes. He smiled again, but only slightly&his pale face shining in the light of the torches.
Are you all right, Atemu? She asked&looking at him&concern filling her otherwise expressionless face.
Yes. Why?
You just look really pale. She spoke softly&she had always been soft spoken anyway.
Oh. Its just from crying& He wiped a tear off his own cheek. Im going to find you Bakura, and I will have my revenge. He thought.
And with that&Mana left, and Atemu walked down the dimly lit hallways toward the Library of Names.
&Later on in the night&
Atemu walked back to his room&the only light was the pale shimmer of the high moon. I wonder if Isis is up& He sighed and walked towards her room&but just as he stepped off of the last stair to the ground level&Diabound, Bakuras spirit was directly in front of him. Summoned by the magic of the evil tomb robber, the vicious beast snarled in Atemus face&
All Atemu could manage to do was back up&but as he did his foot caught on the hem rode, and he fell backwards onto the stairs. Everything to him then was dark&
Atemu, Atemu&wake up&
His clouded crimson eyes opened to see Isis, kneeling over him. There were tears in her eyes and the sun was shining on her long ebony hair. The sun then met his eyes&glaring, causing him to squint as he sat up.
Thank goodness youre alive! She threw her arms around him&
In return&he placed the one arm that he could move around her neck&the other arm was rendered motionless&Wh-what&happened? He asked.
Bakura had summoned Diabound to kill you. She then let him go and looked at his arm&it was shattered.
Wincing he stood, he then held out his hand to assist Isis to her feet.
Taking his outstretched hand she stood. Come on& She helped him to his room and went to find Mahado.
&Mahado was in the garden near the south of the palace helping Mana with her magic&
Mahado, can I speak with you please? Isis asked walking up to them.
Of course, what is the matter? Mahado asked.
Its Atemu&his arm has been shattered by Diabound. Isis said, her eyes full of worry, while Mahados remained calm. Her expression wavered between sadness and sorrow.
Calm down, sister. Where is he? Mahado then looked over to Mana, stay here and practice.
Okay, master Mahado. Mana continued to levitate the small fish with grace and ease.
In his room. He seems fine but&Im just worried. She looked up at Mahado she was, indeed, worried.
Okay. Come on. Mahado followed Isis to Atemus room&down the long hallway and up the stairs.
&When they got there&
Atem was sound asleep, his pale face shown in the mid-day sun that streamed through the open curtains of the balcony.
As she walked over to him Isis noticed the scratches that covered her beloveds face and arms. Atemu? She gently placed her hand on his forehead&N-no&Atemu. She was beginning to cry.
Isis, whats wrong with him? Mahado asked walking over to her side.
H-Hes&gone. She said.
What? He cant be! Mahado knelt beside Isis.
Hes&not breathing& Isis spoke in a hushed tone&as if not to wake Atem.



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment