Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Lunch problems

Naruto and his friends gotta gear up for their sophomore year of high school, but whose this new kid that just moved in next door?

Chapter 10 - Lunch problems

Chapter 10 - Lunch problems
Soon after the entered the locker room they came out wearing red T-shirts and blue shorts that came down past their knees.

"I could have sworn he was your dad or something Lee." Zero said to the boy with the bowl cut.

"No he is not but if he was I would not be arguing." He smiled "I want to grow up to be just like him."

"Well you’re on your way." Zero and Naruto laughed

"Hey Zero check it out." Naruto nudged his friend with his elbow and pointed over to all the girls in gym that were all grouped together. They were dressed similar to the boys except their shorts were a little shorter than the boys. However Zero only noticed one girl in the group, Kira. He then noticed that she was walking over to him and his mind went blank.

"Hey Zero." She spoke smiling and put her hands behind her back.

"H...hi" he choked

"I had a lot of fun last night, thanks for coming."

"Hey I'm the one that invited him." Naruto boasted.

"Yes you are, thanks Naruto."

"So what do you think of my bud Zero here?" He wrapped his arm around his friend’s neck. Zero's and Kira's faces turned red as they looked away from each other.

"I...I gotta go." She said quickly tuning around and walking over to the other girls.

"Why did you have to go and do that?" Zero said pushing Naruto off of him.

"Oh lighten up."

"Admit it man, you got the hots for her." Kiba playfully punched Zero in the shoulder.

"Thats none of your business." He smiled rubbing his shoulder

“Ok class!” Guy announced “Lets start off with five laps around the gym!”

“Yes sir!” Lee said with the up-most enthusiasm then took off around the gym

“Now that’s a kid with a lot of energy.” Zero shook his head

“Five bucks says you can’t catch up to him.” Kiba taunted

“Your on.” And with that Zero took off after Lee. On lap three he finally caught up and stayed neck and neck with him. At the end of the fifth lap Zero was out of steam.

“You are quite good Zero, really fast.” Lee smiled

“No…you’re brilliant…sure enough…” Zero replied trying his best to catch his breath

“That was amazing boys.” Guy congratulated “Zero have you ever considered trying out for the track team?”

“No sir, sorry but I already have things keeping me busy after school.”

“Well that’s ok. I just thought a little challenge for Lee would be just what he needs this year.”

“Don’t worry, I will do even better this year.” Lee said

“That’s just what I wanted to hear, and after seeing that great display of youth I decided to get a game of dodge ball started today.” And with that he headed off to get the equipment. The morning was spent with a very intense game. Zero was quick but almost every time he threw the ball someone caught it. The rest of the morning went by fairly quickly and soon Zero and his friends gathered to lunch.

“So Zero, what do you think of demon high school?” Ino asked

“It’s not too bad.” He responded swallowing a mouthful of pizza. “The teachers here are a lot better than the ones at my old school, and you guys are the best.”

“Well thanks.” Tenten said

“So Zero…” Kira smiled and moved a little closer to him down the bench “What are you doing this weekend?”

“I ummm…well…”

“Oh that reminds me,” Naruto exclaimed, but Zero sighed in relief “Shikamaru is it ok if Zero tries out for vocals for the band?”

“Yeah its fine with me…” He responded “What about you guys?...”

“I’m game…” Sasuke mumbled

“…fine with me…” Gaara said with Takashi leaning on his shoulder

“All right its settled then. Practice is in my garage after school Zero.”

“Ok, cool.” He turned to Kira “What were you saying again, I’m sorry.”

“I was just wondering…what you were doing this weekend?”

“Yeah you’re having that pool party aren’t you?” Kiba said casually

“Kiba” Patience smiled “you knew all week, don’t play dumb.”

“Yeah that’s Naruto’s job…” Sasuke chuckled

“Guys…” Kira wined

“Sure Kira, I would love to come.” Zero smiled and turned red

“Really?” Kira turned red also and turned away but she knocked over her milk and it spilled all over the table. “Shoot!” she stood up immediately

“I’ll go get some napkins.” Zero said quickly dashing off to the lunch line, as he reached for a good handful of napkins he heard someone behind him.

“Stay away from her.” Zero turned his head to see a taller muscular boy looking at him out of the corner of his eye. His shirt seemed a size too small and his pitch black hair covered a portion of his eyes.

“Say what?” Zero responded raising an eyebrow

“Kira is mine you little punk.”

This angered Zero, but he didn’t want to risk getting in a fight his first day of school. This must have been what made Kira upset the night before. He just grabbed his napkins and walked off, ignoring the guys’ rudeness. He reached the table and helped clean up the mess.

“Thanks Zero, I’m sorry about that.” Kira said as she threw her paper towels away

“No problem, people make mistakes…even the beautiful ones.” He said without even thinking

Kira smiled and blushed a deep red “I have to use the restroom; I spilt some of that milk on my skirt.”

“Alright I’ll be back at the table.” He said as she turned away. Zero got back to the table and seemed to be deep in thought.

“Something wrong?” Sakura asked

“Do any of you guys know who that kid is over there, the big dude with black hair and blue shirt?” He pointed to the one he had the very brief conversation with in the lunch line.

“Yeah,” Takashi answered “That’s Token, Kira’s ex-boyfriend…why?”

“Just wondering. When I was over in line he told me to ‘stay away from Kira.’.” he said rolling his eyes

“God I hate him.” Ino growled slamming her fist on the table which scared Shikamaru a bit. He new better than anyone not to make Ino angry.

“I’m surprised you didn’t sock the guy.” Naruto said clenching a fist “I would have if he talked about my girlfriend like that.”

“That’s just it Naruto, Kira is not my girlfriend.” Zero said proving a point

“I think she wants to be though.” Temari said giggling to herself

“Is he the reason she got upset when I said something last night?”

All of them got quiet and looked at each other then at the table.

“Yes…” Tenten said

“Never mind…it’s none of my concern.”

“Hang on Zero.” Sakura said “I think we should tell you. Only because we know you would never do the same thing to her.”

“Do what to her?”

“It was about a month before you moved in.” Takashi started “Kira and Token went out one night.”

“Even though we told her it wasn’t a good idea.” Ino interrupted

“Token is a major jock he was just looking for some ‘action’ if you know what I mean, to impress his stupid friends.” Temari huffed.

“Naruto folded his arms and growled “Its jerks like him that make girls think that all guys are like that.”

“But…we know better.” Hinata said to make her boyfriend fell better, and it did.

“Fortunately for Kira, she figured out what he was planning and was able to get home before anything happened. She broke up with him the next day.”

“Now do you see why you should teach that creep a lesson?” Naruto asked eagerly

“Guys…believe me when I tell you that nothing would please me more than to give that guy what’s coming to him,” Zero sighed “but I can’t be starting fights around here.”

“So why not wait till after school?…” Sasuke said

“Wait till after school to do what?” Kira asked coming back from the bathroom

“Zero-“ Kiba cupped his hand over the blond Naruto’s mouth.

“Don’t worry about it Kira, it’s a surprise.” Kiba said quickly

“Oh…ok then.”

“The bell should be ringing any minute…any body have anything they would like to say?...” Shikamaru yawned

“My brother will be picking Sakura and I up after school so don’t wait up…” Sasuke said

Just then the bell to end lunch went off, everyone separated and went to their classes to finish the day.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on October 21, 2008, 8:25:36 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3i like this story im faving it =D

vash13 on April 4, 2008, 6:04:32 AM

vash13 on
vash13That is a great chapter I like it a lot.

eelchic on April 3, 2008, 10:45:42 AM

eelchic on
eelchicGreat chapter!!!Oh I relly hope someone knocks that Token guy out! Yeah Zero Kira's knight and shining armor!lol well he prob will be when they get together! That Token guy is relly a perv and a guy that relly makes girls wonder about dating!well guys like him plenty of them at my skool!lol Again great chapter! Go Zero!lol

zerotimberwolf on April 3, 2008, 10:47:13 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfyeah there are few guys like Zero at our school, but I like to think me and my friends are like him :D

crystalwindbunny33 on April 2, 2008, 12:28:14 PM

crystalwindbunny33 on
crystalwindbunny33no in fact i love this one!! I CANT WAIT FOR THAT GUY TOKEN TO GET BEAT UP!!(if he gets beat up)

zerotimberwolf on April 3, 2008, 7:53:36 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfmaybe...>_>

GreyPichu on April 2, 2008, 10:12:00 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuwhoa Token has GOT to be the coolest name ever, but that dude is a frickin' jerk. if Zero doesn't kill him then i would LOVE to. XD

crystalwindbunny33 on April 2, 2008, 8:44:22 AM

crystalwindbunny33 on
crystalwindbunny33lol i like this one!!

GreyPichu on March 30, 2008, 1:33:19 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuawwww! i love this story. :]

eelchic on March 29, 2008, 10:53:52 PM

eelchic on
eelchicAw Zero likes Kira so cute! Naruto just had to go and spoil it,lol! Great chapter cant wait 4 the continuis!,lol