Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Friday night fights

Naruto and his friends gotta gear up for their sophomore year of high school, but whose this new kid that just moved in next door?

Chapter 13 - Friday night fights

Chapter 13 - Friday night fights
The following day after school Zero was in such a hurry he leaped past all ten steps out of the school to get home. He was halfway down the parking lot when he was stopped by Kira’s voice.

“Hey Zero.” He turned to see her running towards him with her books tight in her arms. He stopped so that se could catch up to him.

“Hey Kira, what’s up?”

“Well I…I was wondering if you had anything planned today.”

He did, today was Friday and he planned to see his old friend Enji. “I was just going home to hang out with a friend.”

“Can I come with?”

“Uhhh…sure as long as your folks don’t mind.”

“Don’t worry my older brother will cover for me, he always does.”

“Well if your sure…alright, follow me.” He said slinging his backpack to his other shoulder. Kira walked right next to him as they talked about various things.

“So how long are you planning on staying?” Kira asked

“Watome said this should be the last time we move, although I am planning to possibly move closer to the city after graduation.”

“I don’t know what I’ll do after graduation, it never really crossed my mind.”

“Really…you don’t have a dream that you want to follow after high school?”

“Well…I guess I do, but it’s too embarrassing.” She clutched her books close to her chest.

“Hey, I’m gonna be the UFC champion one day and at my old school they laughed at me and said I would never make it.”

“I…I want to be a veterinarian, nobody important…I just want to help animals.” She said quickly.

“That’s actually pretty cool.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, if you really like animals I say it’s a perfect career Kira.” He smiled

Kira smiled as well “And I don’t think your dream is silly Zero, although I’ve never seen you fight.”

“Well maybe I can get you all tickets to my next fight, because I’m a fighter I can get you backstage too.”

“That would be amazing. When is it?”

“Well I’m not entirely sure about that. See my fights are kind of far apart so I have time for rest in between them. They don’t tell me about my next one until about a month in advance.”

“Still” She smiled sweetly “it would be incredible to see you fight.”

“Ok, I promise you’ll see my next fight. My professional record is six wins and one loss.”

“Wow, that’s pretty impressive.”

“And it’ll be seven wins real soon!” Zero turned to see a slim boy waving over to him. He had a huge smile on his face and a big mohawk that was dyed gray.

“Enji!” Zero ran over and tackled him to the ground, putting him into a tight head lock. “When did you get here ya nut?”

“Just got here” He tried to get his nose out of Zero’s armpit “Watome decided to pick me up early.”

“Great, more time to train.”

“Speaking of which,” Enji wiggled free of his friends grip “if we’re going to that party tomorrow you have to train that much harder today and Sunday. No friend of mine is going to slack off just because he was invited to a party by a hot girl.”

“Uhhh…Enji?”

“Yeah Zero?”

Zero stepped aside to reveal Kira standing right behind him. “Enji, this is Kira. Kira this is my old friend Enji.”

“Its nice to meet you Enji.” Kira smiled sweetly

“Yeah…you too.” Enji scooted closer to Zero “How in the world did you score something like that?” He whispered.

Zero laughed “Its not like she and I are going out Enji. Shes just one of my new friends.” He whispered back

“Yeah sure.” Enji rolled his eyes “Nice to meet you Kira.” He said for the second time.

“You too Enji.” She smiled a reply

“Alright Enji, you wanted to train lets go then.” Zero started for his house and Enji began to follow.

“Mind if I come and watch?” Kira asked innocently

Zero turned around with a slightly surprised look on his face. “Uhhh…sure but I don’t think you’ll find it much fun.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.” She said walking past him.

After they walked up to Zero’s room, Zero took down his punching bag and tossed Enji and extra pair of grappling gloves. They both stripped down to their shorts and tight sleeveless shirts, Zero wore black and Enji wore green. Kira saw Zero’s body and solid muscle move as he strapped his gloves on, when she did she felt her entire face turn beet red.

“You ready Enj?”

“I’ll try not to embarrass you in front of your girlfriend.” He teased. Zero slugged him in the shoulder. Enji came around with a right hook but Zero blocked it and gave him a quick jab to the chest. Enji came around and gave him a shot to the ribs then brought his foot up to Zero’s head but he avoided it. Zero then delivered some rapid punches to Enji’s stomach then put him in a headlock and gave him a couple light taps in the stomach with his knee. This brought Enji down to his knees and Zero put him in a rear naked choke hold till he tapped out.

“…Not too bad Enji.” Zero commented

“Your definitely not getting rusty Zero...” He said rubbing his neck and trying to catch his breath. “Give me five minutes and we can go again.”

“Ok” Zero reached in the mini fridge under his desk and pulled out three bottles of ice water. “Enji think fast.” He quickly chucked the water at his friend. As Enji caught it he looked over at Kira.

“So Kira what do you think of Zero’s fighting?”

“Not bad” She said as Zero handed her a water bottle. “I bet I could pin you down.” She looked over at Zero

“Oh really?” He laughed

“Yeah really…Enji hand me those gloves.” She held out her hand letting him know she was serious. He handed her his navy blue padded gloves and she slipped them on. “So these are the tools of a cage fighter’s trade.” She smiled at Zero and motioned for him to step in front of her.

“Ok” Zero grinned “but I’m not going to actually fight.”

“Fine by me.” She smiled as if she knew something he didn’t. Then she put up her fists and began to circle Zero, never letting go of the sweet smile spread across her face. Kira jabbed a couple times at him as he just blocked and pushed her fists away.

“Hey not bad.” Zero laughed as Kira gave him a light shot in the shoulder.

“With two older brothers I have to learn to defend myself.” She laughed with him. After circling Zero a couple of times Kira’s smiles seemed more and slyer, until she made her move. Kira leaned forward and quickly gave Zero a quick peck on the lips. Zero was shocked and couldn’t even react when Kira swept his legs his legs out from under him, making him slam down on his back. She then sat down on his lap with either leg resting on both sides of his body as she held his wrists down with Kira looking right into his eyes.

“Not bad” Enji clapped for a brief second.

“Told you I could pin you down.” Kira smiled

“You…You kissed me.” He said still a little stunned

“It caught you off guard didn’t it?” She leaned in closer and whispered “Now tap out Zero.” She let Zero get his hands free, her nose was now just barely touching his.

Zero’s speechless expression slowly turned into a slight smile. “Maybe I will” He replied. His hands slowly reached up and graced the sides of her school uniform and he lightly tapped the sides of her body then he rested his palms on her sides. A split second after that Zero had already pulled her in and locked lips with her, Kira did not resist at all. She went along with it and closed her eyes as she continued to make out with the dark haired boy. A hurricane of thoughts invaded her mind as this was happening: What would her friends think? Her family? Will it last? Will Zero use her like Token did?...No, she could tell that he was much different. She had never felt something like this before and probably never will again unless she was with him.

Zero couldn’t believe what was happening. The expression on his face was his usual calm look but on the inside he was franticly thinking of what to say when their lips parted. Was he just supposed to say “Kira I love you, would you be my girlfriend?” or something like that? That just seemed way too foolish for his taste. But Kira…he felt like he could tell her anything, even the fact that he had fallen in love with her, being with her felt so right to him.

“Ahem” Enji faked a cough in his fist. “You two done or do you want me to leave the room?”

Kira quickly pulled away from Zero and rapidly turned red. “I’m sorry Zero, I have to go. We’re having a sleepover at my place…oh why did I just say that?” She then grabbed her backpack and left before Zero could say otherwise.

Zero turned to Enji and looked at him sternly. “Why did you do have to do that man?”

“Oh” Enji grinned a sinister grin. “You saying you enjoyed that?”

“Well I…Uhhh…” Zero turned a brand new shade of red.

“Wait a minute…Was that the first kiss Zero?” He snickered to himself and fell down on his back. “Just admit it man, your love struck.”

“I…there’s nothing to admit.”

“Oh I think there is.” He got back up and squatted down on his toes, his expression turning serious for a moment. “You do realize you’ll have to tell her sooner or later don’t you?”

Zero looked down at the floor. “…Yes”

“She makes you happy doesn’t she?”

“Yeah…”

“Then go for it Zero, I want my best friend to be happy. If this girl does just that then I’m happy for you.”

“…Thanks Enji.” He said as he removed his gloves. “You know I almost forgot about you meeting Temari tomorrow.”

“I was actually hoping to forget…now I’m nervous…” His head slumped.

“Just be normal…well as normal as you can.” Zero shrugged

“Yeah…okay. Well I’m getting tired.”

“Yeah we should be getting some rest. The guys told me I should get there early so I can help set up.” Zero reached under his bed and pulled out a large mattress out from under it. Soon they were in there beds, Enji was fast asleep but Zero just lied there staring at the ceiling…wondering.

With the girls

“Ok so tell us everything that happened.” Ino said full of glee and excitement.

“Okay well…I…” Kira told them everything, she turned red as she told them of her kiss with Zero.

“Wow Kira…” Sakura really seemed shocked, so were the other girls. “I had no idea you would do something like that.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” She squeezed her pillow tight against her body.

“I understand Kira.” Temari said “You just couldn’t help your self.”

“Well he’s the one who pulled me in.” She said quickly.

“Oh?” They all said at once.

“Looks like a match made in heaven.” Ino teased.

“I don’t need your guys teasing me right now.” Kira blushed and took shelter in her sleeping bag on her bed.

“Okay whatever…hey tell Temari about that Enji kid.” Tenten smiled

“He isn’t that bad” Kira said from the bowels of her sleeping bag “I don’t know your taste in men though Temari.”

Temari just shrugged “I don’t even know my own taste in men…I doubt this guy is all that great.”

The rest of the night was similar and before long all of the girls were fast asleep. Kira was the last to fall asleep because she was too exited about the next day.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

vash13 on June 27, 2008, 6:16:51 AM

vash13 on
vash13That was a great chapter.

eelchic on June 13, 2008, 12:31:06 PM

eelchic on
eelchicGreat chapter very cute them fighting then a peck then a lingering kiss!! very romantic!!amazing chapter again!!!

GreyPichu on June 10, 2008, 10:17:30 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuwhoa! *screams* loved this chapter way too much, dude!

crystalwindbunny33 on June 4, 2008, 7:17:03 AM

crystalwindbunny33 on
crystalwindbunny33this story is just to good