Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Setting up for the party

Naruto and his friends gotta gear up for their sophomore year of high school, but whose this new kid that just moved in next door?

Chapter 14 - Setting up for the party

Chapter 14 - Setting up for the party
The next morning Zero’s alarm clock slammed against the wall after playing Godsmack in his ear at full blast. “That’s why I get the unbreakable clocks…” Zero groaned underneath his covers. He lifted the blankets off of him and grabbed his deep blue swimming trunks. “You bring your trunks Enj?”

“Yeah, just like you told me.” He said pulling out a pair of trunks out of his bag, it was a dark purple with green geckos all over it.

“Good I’m gonna grab a shower real quick.” He said as he walked into his bathroom. While he was showering Enji Make his mattress on the floor and slipped his trunks on. Then he sat down on the mattress and relaxed, mostly. “I hope I don’t make an idiot of myself in front of Temari.” He mumbled to himself.

“Oh you’ll be fine.” Zero said emerging out of the bathroom. “She can be scary but that’s only if you piss her off.”

“That’s just what I want to avoid.” Enji looked at the ground

“Hey, don’t be like that.” Zero took him by the arm and stood him up. “Now come on, we have to get there early.”

Enji smiled and grabbed his beach towel and Zero snatched his. They left the house wearing their under armor shirts, at least until they got to the pool. Watome offered to loan Zero the car but he turned it down, deciding just to walk with his friend and catch up on things.

“So how’s the new school man?” Enji asked slinging his towel around his neck

“Not bad, teachers are a lot better I’ll tell you that right now.” He laughed

“Heard you also had to wear uniforms dude.”

“Yeah but its not that bad, you can pretty much wear them any way you want as long as you have them on.”

“So what Kira was wearing yesterday was the girls uniform?”

“Yeah…” Zero turned red, he really liked the way Kira looked in her uniform but just didn’t want to say anything.

“I’m going to have to see Temari in her uniform then.” Enji chuckled

“I thought you stopped skipping school Enji.”

“Only because I had no good reason to leave, now I do.” Enji said defensively and began to walk backwards. “That is if I’m Temari’s kind of guy.”

“You still shouldn’t be cutting class and I cant make any promises man…” Zero put his hands behind his head “I’m still trying to figure out why Kira kissed me yesterday.”

“Are you serious?!” Enji slapped his own forehead “First of all you’re the one that kissed her.”

“Yeah but she could have stopped me”

“And second…Is it just possible that she likes you? If you honestly cant figure that out then you need some serious help.”

Zero sighed “…If I ask her out will you get off my back?”

“Deal”

“Ok fine, I’ll talk to her once I can get her alone.”

“Oh, your planning on getting her alone?” Enji snickered and smiled

“Not to do what your thinking!”

“Yeah, sure animal man.”

“Just drop the subject.”

“Ok fine, I’m only having some fun Z.”

“Yeah I know you are…I guess I’m just a little nervous.”

“A Little my @$$.” Enji laughed as they walked up Kira’s driveway

“Now behave Enji.” Zero said as he knocked on the door

“Oh ok” He smiled “If I have to.”

A moment later the door opened and it was Tenten who was on the other side. “Oh hey Zero.” She smiled “The guys are in the back, they just started setting up.”

“Cool, this is my friend Enji. Enji this is Tenten.”

“Hi” Tenten greeted

“Hey” Enji gave a little wave

“Uhhh…Is Kira here Ten?” Zero asked

She just folded her arms and shook her head “Its her house, what do you think?”

“Ok stupid question…” Zero walked to the back door and Enji followed.

“Chill out Zero, gees.” Enji patted him on the back.

“I’m fine man.” He said walking up to his friends who were setting up the stage. “Hey guys sorry I’m a little late.”

“Hmph…your like Kakashi.” Sasuke shook his head as he began to plug into his amplifier.

“Anyway, guys this is my friend Enji.”

“Hey, I’m Sasuke…”

“Naruto Uzumaki” The blond said cheerfully

“That’s Shikamaru” Zero pointed over to the lazy boy leaning back against Naruto’s drum, asleep. Then he pointed over to the redhead tuning a base and whispered to Enji. “Temari’s brother Gaara, watch yourself Enj.”

“Gotcha” The grey haired boy whispered back.

Zero climbed up onto the stage and helped set up the bands equipment. He put up the microphone first and helped set up the soundboard since Shikamaru was still asleep. Until Naruto stomped the pedal to his base drum and forced Shikamaru to his feet in a split second. The guys all had a good laugh at his expense and finished setting up. “Ok now were doing all the songs we practiced the other day, real simple.” Shikamaru leaned on his soundboard and yawned in his hand. Zero was leaning on the front of the stage talking to the guys when he felt a tap on his left shoulder. He turned around to face Kira, she avoided to make eye contact with Zero at first.

“Hey Kira.” He showed a friendly smile

“Umm Zero” She turned slightly red “can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure” He responded

“In private?”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on October 22, 2008, 7:30:47 AM

erandor3 on
erandor3ooooooo in private? kira likes zero kira likes zero!

vash13 on June 27, 2008, 6:19:22 AM

vash13 on
vash13That rocked!!!

GreyPichu on June 26, 2008, 9:37:29 AM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG I'm freakin out so much! lol cant wait for the update!!!!