Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - The date is set

Naruto and his friends gotta gear up for their sophomore year of high school, but whose this new kid that just moved in next door?

Chapter 16 - The date is set

Chapter 16 - The date is set
Its been two months after the party, the large group of friends have adjusted to different small changes. Zero and Kira were very close now, Enji visits Temari every weekend along with phone calls every night. The cool November air blew the leaves around all day on this uneventful Wednesday. Kira sat on Zero’s bed, admiring him as beat his punching bag in hard rapid blows. He stopped for a minute to rest. As he reached for a towel he saw Kira smiling at him out of the corner of his eye. He wiped the sweat from his face and bare chest and sat down next to her on the bed, and then he reached his arm around her and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. He rubbed the side of her face and held her chin up with a curled finger. Their lips slid around for about a minute before his phone began to go off with a heavy metal ring tone. Zero flipped it open and put it to his ear.

“Hello…hey Mike” It was his UFC agent calling him. “Yeah I’m if fairly decent shape…really?...No that’s not a problem…next Saturday…ok I need a favor though…you let me bring a few friends…about sixteen…well their my friends…its not going to hold me back…” Zero grinned and looked at Kira “well one of them will be my drive to win…sorry Mike but if my friends don’t come I don’t fight,” Kira looked at him with a surprised look on her face. “That wouldn’t be very entertaining now would it?...Glad you see things my way…ok see you Saturday Mike, and thanks.” Zero closed his phone and smiled.

“Whats going on Zero?” Kira asked him

“My next fight is next Saturday, and you guys are coming with me.”

“Really?” Kira sounded exited

“Yeah…Kira, I want you to be with me in my next fight. I couldn’t do it if you weren’t there.” Kira’s eyes lit up as she threw her arms around him, her head rested on his shoulder. He smiled and stroked her long silver hair.

Kira looked up at him “Zero”

“Yeah?” he said, still smiling.

“I think you should take a break from your training Friday, that way you will be well rested for the fight.” She said rubbing his chest.

“Sounds like a good idea…Did you have anything in mind?”

“Well I haven’t really thought about it but I’m sure we can think of something.”

“That’s fine, I’ll call Enji and see if he and Temari have any plans.”

“Zero?”

“Yeah Kira whats wrong? Would you rather Naruto and Hinata join us, or maybe Gaara and Takashi?”

“No…Zero I want it to be just you and me…We’ve been going out for two months and its never been just us.”

“Yeah...your right.” He knew why he preferred double dating. He was still a little nervous around his girlfriend alone, but if he was going to make this relationship work he would have to suck it up. Her took her hand in his and looked into her eyes with a smile “Ok Kira…Friday night, just you and me I promise.” Zero kissed her lightly and rubbed the top of her hand. Kira kissed him back passionately, knowing he would keep his word.

“That’s all I ask” she said as their lips parted. Zero decided he had enough practice for the day and showered away his sweat. He got out and got dressed then took Kira downstairs to get something to eat. They were sharing a plate of pizza rolls and discussing where to go for their date.

“I was thinking possibly going out to eat then go for a walk in the park.” Zero said

“It’s a little cold to be walking outside, how about the movies after dinner?” she suggested

“Yeah that would be great, I’ve been wanting to see the new Hellboy movie.”

“Me too, I just loved the first one.” She said excitedly

“Big plans you two?” Watome asked as he watched from the kitchen doorway.

Zero smiled and rolled his eyes “How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to know you will be going out Friday.” He walked to the table and pulled up a chair. “You know when Megan and I were first going out we loved to go to the drive-in to watch a movie.”

“Oh that sounds like fun.” Kira’s eyes brightened.

“One problem Watome…I don’t have a car to use, you need yours to get to work.”

“Well…” Watome gave them both a grin “I guess giving you your surprise a week early wont hurt anything.”

“What surprise?” Zero tilted his head in confusion. Watome led him and Kira out to the driveway.

“Kira cover his eyes if you would please.” he said slipping into the garage. Kira nodded and covered her boyfriends eyes with both hands. Zero’s heart leaped when he heard the roar of a car engine.

“Oh wow…” Kira said

“Ok let him see it.” Kira removed her hands and saw Zero freeze.

“Oh my God!” Zero shouted as he ran around the vehicle, its light blue paint was fading but other than that the car was flawless. “A 1989 Dodge Viper! Its almost impossible to find one of these in this condition!”

“Well you have been saving up your fight money to get one of these. Now I figure you can use the money to trick it out.” Watome said, pleased with the look on Zero’s face. “Megan and I were planning to give it to you once you won your next fight but I couldn’t wait another week.”

“You guys are the best.” Zero said looking inside and even that looked good. He brought his head out and looked at Kira with a huge smile. “Looks we’re going to the drive-in Kira.” He ran up to her to hive her a hug and lifted her up off the ground, obviously exited about the car.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on October 22, 2008, 7:43:14 AM

erandor3 on
erandor3hey u should continue this its a good story =3

crystalwindbunny33 on September 1, 2008, 1:07:56 PM

crystalwindbunny33 on
crystalwindbunny33that was good and sounds like a good car!

vash13 on July 22, 2008, 7:29:43 AM

vash13 on
vash13Man you pick an kick @$$ car.