Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - In Which Trouble is Foreseen

Corny as it sounds: five or six characters in a band, living in an incredibly isolated place, and they all have elemental swords. Then one of them gets orphaned, and sent to the mainland--but the majority of the country is taken over by demons!

Chapter 3 - In Which Trouble is Foreseen

Chapter 3 - In Which Trouble is Foreseen
Okay. So everyone got drunk. Aaand I probably exagerated it...a lot. But hey, I had fun, and I still find it rather amusing. So, really, a lot of the drunkenness is hyperbole for the sake of comedy.

Most names generated on www.seventhsanctum.com All other names are currently irrelevant or kind of obvious.

Italics are emphasis(es) or thoughts; ~s mark the beginning and end of the chapter; [these] replace (these) because I felt like it at the time.

Katrina Starr and family © Werecat13

Every other character, especially Teu Zopponde, © ME

Enjoy or go away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3-
Rising Action


Blake woke up the next morning, in the middle of his basement floor. But…maybe it was on a ship on one of those lakes that are supposed to exist somewhere else. The floor couldn’t stay still and the whole place was spinning.

He saw his dad come down the stairs and say, “You know, I thought I locked the beer up for the night.”

“What happened?” Blake asked, not very clearly.

“I have very little idea, but I’m fairly certain that you found the beer. Half of your friends were being dragged out by their friends, and the other half didn’t seem very articulate, either,” his dad said, mildly amused. “I think Katrina was the only one who didn’t drink anything.”

“Remind me never to do that again.”

“Do what?”

“Drink.”

* * *

A few hours later, the phone rang. Blake picked it up, and found that it was Krystal.

“Hey, Blake,” she started.

“What?” Blake asked.

“I think I left my…um…” she tried. “Look, I left something extremely personal there. Can I come over?”

“Yeah, sure,” Blake responded.

“Okay, see you in about half an hour.” Krystal hung up, shortly followed by Blake.

About five minutes later, the phone rang again. Once more, Blake picked it up, but this time it was Haylay.

“Blake, my best buddy in the whole wide world--” she started, but was cut off.

“What do you want?” Blake said, knowing that she only said that when she really wanted something.

“Well, you see,” she said, “I left something over there.”

“What did you leave?” Blake asked.

“Um…I’ll just come by. I’ll be there in about twenty minutes.”

“But wha--” he was cut off by her hanging up the phone. He frowned and followed suit.

Ten minutes later, the phone rang, Blake got it, and it was Katrina, who left her guitar. She told him she’d be there within half an hour.

Five minutes after that, the phone rang and Blake’s dad shouted, “You must be popular, Blake!” before Blake picked up the phone.

“Hey, Blake,” Violet meekly said. “I need to come by today.”

“Why?” Blake asked, tired of everyone coming over for unexplained reasons.

“I kinda left my…” she trailed.

The conversation halted for several seconds.

“Ah, I’ll just be there in five minutes or so.” She hung up before Blake could open his mouth.

* * *

Five minutes later, Haylay and Violet arrived.

“Hi Blake,” Haylay said. “Man, that walk felt like it took forever! Where’s your bathroom?”

“You should know by now,” Blake replied.

“Yeah, well, I forgot.”

“Okay,” Blake sighed. “You go down that hall…”

“Thanks,” she said and hurried into the basement.

“Yeah, I need to go, too,” Violet said awkwardly, blushing, as she followed Krystal.

Blake glared at her back as she went to the basement. That wasn’t where I said they should go, he thought.

Five minutes later, Krystal rang the doorbell, and Blake answered it.

“Hey Blake,” she said, abnormally cheerful, “I need to use the bathroom real quick.” She pushed past him into the basement.

Blake frowned by the door until Katrina came.

“Good morning,” she said. “Am I the only one here?”

“Seeing as Haylay, Violet, and Krystal haven’t left the bathroom yet, I’d consider you to be.”

“Well, I’m not so sure I disagree with them, seeing as they…” she blushed. “Oh well. You were probably too drunk to remember.”

“Remember what?” Blake almost shouted.

“Nothing,” Katrina said, smirking. “I’ll go downstairs and get my guitar.”

Blake followed her and saw that the bathroom was occupied. As he passed, he heard quiet voices that sounded like they belonged to his strangely behaving friends. Sorry girls, he thought, I really need to know what’s up here. He put his ear to the door.

“…wasn’t THAT drunk,” Haylay denied.

“Yes you were,” Violet said quietly. “You were marching around with that pair on your head!”

“Next you’ll be saying that I passed out,” Haylay whispered.

“I was just about to say that you did,” Krystal murmured. “Katrina had to carry you home. I think that she left her guitar for that.”

“Well, if these are mine, these flowery ones are Krystal’s,” Haylay quietly provided, probably pouting.

“Um, no,” Krystal refused. “I do NOT wear flower underwear!”

Blake realized what the “extremely personal things” were and slowly removed his ear from the door, suddenly glad that he couldn’t remember anything from the previous night.

* * *

A cloaked figure stood at the top floor of The Tower, a great landmark of the Human Continent, looking out the shattered window overlooking the Capital Sector. He saw his life’s work there; the remnants of the great Capital, burning. He was Oronagi the Conqueror, the first demon ever to control the great Human Continent, with their complex gadgets and government and military, and ruled over them all. But there was still something wrong with his plan. His forces had started with a quiet infiltration, which meant avoiding Sector A1A1, who would probably kill his forces if they entered in the small forces that they had planed to enter with. And if they had been foolish enough to go in with enough soldiers to defeat this “Dimin Town”, they would draw too much attention to themselves and be defeated right then and there by the human army. And a compromise would bring both defeat by Dimin Town and increased defenses. So they took the stealthy way, entering A1A2 and A1B1, which were populated majorly by demons anyway. And since then, the army of demons took over the entire Human Continent.

The door behind Oronagi opened, and out of the elevator came a shadow on the ground.

“You know,” Oronagi told it, “that shadow is more conspicuous than your real form, Turchag.”

“My apologies, my lord,” said a voice in the shadow.

The shadow remained, but a male human image with blue eyes and blonde hair materialized to give an excuse for its presence.

“I do not appreciate stares from the human slaves, my lord, and they would never notice the shadow if it was their own,” the human image said. “I do believe you understand, my lord.”

“Do not make excuses, Turchag,” Oronagi growled. “Was there a reason for your visit, or do you merely wish to end your life earlier than planed?”

“My lord,” Turchag said, “I simply wished to ask if you needed me in your plans to take this Dimin Town.”

“No,” Oronagi answered, “you were not in my original plans. However, we have found some…complications. You may be of use to me in getting around this. I will alert you if I need you for anything. You may leave now.”

“Yes, my lord,” Turchag said, bowing himself onto the elevator, where the human image disintegrated and only the shadow remained until the elevator doors closed with a small clack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To clarify, the main characters (the band) were named by me. But they didn't have last names. Their last names were generated via seventh sanctum. Most demon names came from seventh sanctum, too. Teu is a name from a generator, and Zopponde is just my name.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment