Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - In Which Mondays are Endured

Corny as it sounds: five or six characters in a band, living in an incredibly isolated place, and they all have elemental swords. Then one of them gets orphaned, and sent to the mainland--but the majority of the country is taken over by demons!

Chapter 4 - In Which Mondays are Endured

Chapter 4 - In Which Mondays are Endured
I feel very proud. I got off my lazy bum and wrote more of it. Of course, I can only think of one person who can read it for...probably any time this month at the very least, because I'm not uploading these fast enough.

Katrina Starr (and family) (c) Werecat13

All other characters (c) me, Zopponde

Italics=thoughts
* * *=break
[these]=(these)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5-[/size]
Just another Monday


Monday, June 9th, 1066, was a sunny day. Yet Violet, usually quite happy on sunny days, was pouting. When Blake looked her way to try and cheer her up, she glared and turned around. He leaned over to Krystal and whispered, “What’s up with Violet?”

Krystal looked for herself and grinned. “She just holds a mean grudge,” she told him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Blake asked. “What did I do?”

“You served ramen again.”

“What?”
“Remember that little ‘conversation’ we had Thursday?” Krystal supplied, eyes twinkling mischievously. “About how she really didn’t want any more ramen?”

“Oh…But she was fine then.”

“Remember Saturday when we came over? And you served ramen?”

“Oh.”

“You’re slow, you know that?”

* * *

Finally, Oronagi realized what he had to do. All those days he had spent looking out at the ruined city, thinking about what to do, had not been in vain. He picked up his radio, keyed it, and spoke into it, “Janice, bring me Turchag.”

All that time, how could he not have thought of it? It may not have been simple, but it most certainly was obvious.

* * *

The elevator door opened to reveal that it was occupied by a shadow. “Still uncomfortable with the stares, eh, Turchag?”

“I apologize, my lord,” a voice, though not that of Turchag’s, said. “My father is terribly sick, and did not wish for you to fall ill as well, my lord.”

Oronagi glared more deeply, but his voice was his usual one as he said, “Then who do I have the pleasure of being bothered by?”

“Arotu, my lord, son of Turchag,” the shadow introduced itself.

“May I see your face?” Oronagi asked, his irritation slowly spreading into his speech. Chameleon demons can be such pains, he thought.

A young human boy materialized, long black hair pulled into a low hairdo that humans called a “ponytail”, though it hardly resembled one. His green eyes showed no emotion as they glistened in the light of the tall candle lit after Turchag’s last visit. Yet, even with the low light, this boy was extremely pale, so pale he almost seemed green.

Oronagi sighed. “I meant your REAL form. Not one of these human imitations you chameleons seem so fond of.”

“My lord, this IS my true form,” Arotu explained, looking at his feet. “Did Father not tell you? I am not a true demon.”

“One of these ‘half-human’ things, I suppose?” Oronagi asked, one eyebrow rose. He was not fond of humans, though when they had children with a demon, the results were slightly more favorable. Not much more, but enough for him to trust one if Turchag was his father. Although, he thought he knew the demon parent of another…yes, it was Tuale Wartail, a great warrior until she fell to the human’s side. Effectively stalled my plans of the invasion for quite some time, Oronagi reflected. But that daughter of hers…Krystal something-or-another. She took her father’s name. She’ll be some trouble to deal with. Then he realized what he needed to do. He needed to test this Arotu’s loyalty. “Tell me, have you heard of Tuale Wartail? Great war hero in Sector A1, though probably not as admired in A1A1. Cat demon.”

“Yes, my lord,” Arotu responded quickly.

“You know she had one daughter with a human father?”

“Yes, my lord.”

“What would you do if you met her daughter as an enemy in battle?”

“I would kill her as an enemy, my lord.”

Oronagi frowned. “As of now, you are to refer to me as ‘sir’, not ‘my lord’.”

“Yes, sir,” Arotu adjusted.

“Good. Now that’s cleared up, I am sending you into Sector A1A1 in four days. I will send you information as I receive it. You will be commanding a small group of my troops.”

“How many, sir?”

“Probably ten or twenty.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“You may leave now.”

The elevator doors closed as Arotu’s image disappeared.

* * *

The final bell rang, and Blake started home. However, on his way out of the school, Teu stopped him.

“Blake,” she said, eyes almost tearful.

“I know,” Blake said softly. “My dad told me. You’re moving to the Central Sector.”

“Oh…Will you…?”

“I don’t know. I’m still thinking about it.”

“Oh,” she said, looking at her feet.

“Look,” Blake said, “I wouldn’t give a moments hesitation, but I have a band that would need a drummer. And if I decide not to go, send me a postcard, okay? I promise I’ll write back. And I won’t be too jealous when you talk about your love life,” he added, grinning.

Teu smiled, but her eyes, if anything, became more fearful.

“What?” Blake asked, worried.

“Haven’t you noticed? Nobody’s mail has been picked up, or delivered, and we haven’t gotten a new newspaper in a week. I know that it usually takes it about a week to get here, but you know something’s really wrong when we haven’t gotten any for a week.”

Blake thought for a moment, then realized that it was true. “Can you come to my house?”

“Yes, but shouldn’t your dad know first?”

“He won’t mind. But I want to know, do you like ramen?”

“Yes, why?”

“I have a grudge held against me because that’s all we have.”

At that moment, Violet passed by and scowled at him.

* * *

“So,” Blake started, once he and Teu had settled in his living room, “how are you getting there?”

“This Friday, someone’s supposed to pick me up from school in a wagon, then we go to my house to get my stuff, and then we go there,” Teu informed. “And if I have someone with me, we go to their house and get their stuff first.”

“A wagon?” Blake raised an eyebrow. “That’s pretty pointless. It’ll sink in the sand and it has no defense.”

“It’s specially designed. I don’t know how, but they say that it won’t sink in quicksand if it weighs a ton. I’m still going to be walking alongside as long as I can.”

“What about the whole defense thing?”

“They kept saying that they won’t be attacked. I don’t see why, seeing as the demons have been getting more and more restless and violent, but…” She trailed off, shrugging.

Blake thought about this, then realized how obvious it was. “We can be your defense.”

“‘We’?”

“The band.”

“I don’t think you explained this to me before…”

“You don’t know about the band?” Blake asked, confused.

“No, the whole thing where you guys would make a good defensive team.”

“Oh, that! You see, Haylay’s dad is a smith, and he made swords for her to give to the first people to be her good friends, so she gave us the swords. And they all have elemental powers. Mine has fire, Haylay’s has lightning, Krystal’s sword is ice and water, Katrina’s has wind, and Violet’s…” he tried to think of how to put it. “…is the sword of healing. Basically, any injuries made by it heal fast. It’s probably really useful if you need to get by without killing anything.”

“What do you mean?” Teu asked.

“Well, if you killed something with it, it’d die, but it’d be back on its feet as if nothing happened within a day. Usually less, I think,” he added. He really didn’t know much of Violet’s sword, since she got hers before Blake got his.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll try not to be too lazy about writing/posting more.

COMMENT PLEASE!!!! I will be nice to anyone who has anything to say about this (unless it's pure flame)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment