Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First meeting

Kim's life was normal (that’s what she thinks) but was changed after encountering a mysterious being deep inside the forest. It was then she realized that breaking the house rules lead her to a new discovery that was kept from her by her parents.

Chapter 1 - First meeting

Chapter 1 - First meeting
(Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon :D I only own Kim and Ivan, as well as their parents.)

-An introduction to the new species-



A girl at the age of fourteen sat on her bed. She looked up; her long, brown hair tickled her elbows as she shook her head. She gave a bored sigh and looked at the clock with her emerald eyes.

It was only 6:25 PM.

After realizing that she had been sitting there for about an hour, she turned her attention to the door, four feet away from her. She bounced a bit while ignoring the soft, blue sheets beneath her crumple as the result to her movement. The girl continued to stare at the wooden door, until it opened all of a sudden. Screaming, the girl fell on her back, and looked back at it a second later, this time glaring at the cause of her surprise.

“Kim, what are you doing? It’s already dinnertime.” A boy with blue hair and blue-green eyes called out to the brown-haired girl in front of him. This boy appeared to be two years older than her. He put his hands inside the pocket of his black, leather jacket that covered his red shirt and tilted his head to the side, letting his aquamarine bangs cover a portion of his right eye. The girl sighed with relief.

“Good grief! You almost scared me to death, Ivan!” The girl who was referred to as ‘Kim’ stood up and walked towards the nearest mirror.

The blue-haired boy, Ivan, crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. He continued to observe the girl in front of him.

“Ugh… Do you mind-“She looked back.

“-No, not at all…”He smiled even more. Kim gave him a blank expression through the mirror.

“I’m getting dressed.”

Ivan grinned.

“Okay.”

Kim laughed and pushed him outside. “Come on, Out!”

Ivan pouted. “What did I do?!” He pouted again and looked at her with innocent eyes. Kim chuckled. “Oh, don’t be stupid. Get out.” She gave him one last push on the back and closed the door in front of her. Slowly, she backed away still facing the door, as if waiting for the boy to go back in again.

And just as she expected, the door opened. Ivan stopped on his tracks and saw Kim, arms crossed, her foot tapping on the red carpet. Ivan locked the door and slowly closed it, leaving Kim inside, alone for sure.

Kim shook her head and walked again towards the mirror. She chuckled after hearing Ivan call through the door.

“You forgot to lock the door…” He said.

The brown-haired girl laughed as she took off her pink pajamas and opened her wardrobe. “That Ivan… What a joker…” Smiling, she fetched her sleeveless, forest-green shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. She put them on before wearing her necklace with a leaf-shaped amulet made of clay. After that, she put on a wooden bracelet, a green watch, a silver ring and lastly, her white running shoes. Kim looked at herself in the mirror one last time before coming out from her room and into the dining area. Ivan noticed her outfit as she sat on the table and started munching on her food.

“Where are you going?” He suddenly asked. Kim smiled.

“Outside.”

“Outside? In the dark?” He narrowed his eyes.

“Yep.”

“What? You can’t do that!” Ivan said with a tint of concern in his voice. “What if something attacked you? You know I can’t accompany you during this hour. I have work to do.” He quickly finished his dinner and put his plate on the sink beside him. Kim did the same and quickly went to the front door.

“Don’t worry. I sprayed the backyard with Max Repel-thingy-majiggr yesterday. That’ll keep ‘em away, whoever or whatever they are, 75 feet from here.” With that said, Ivan rubbed the back of his head. “Alright… But don’t go too far, okay?” And in an instant, the girl smiled happily and gave him a quick hug.

“Thanks.”

Ivan stood still as the girl ran outside. He hasn’t told her yet why she had to spray the backyard with a repellant. He didn’t tell her ever since they met.

“Ill tell her someday… When I’m ready…” He told himself.

He grasped his chest. His heart was beating so hard, he could painfully feel it thumping on his ribs. He smiled while ignoring the tint of red on his cheeks and gave a deep sigh to relax himself a bit.

“Take it easy, Ivan. It’s just a hug…” He said to himself and smiled.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kim lay down on top of a big boulder. She put her hands on the back of her head and gazed on the stars with a pair of emerald eyes. The rustling noises of the tall shrubs filled the night sky as the strong wind came through. The leaves of the trees rustled even more though, competing to the sounds emitted by the shrubs. All these sounds comforted Kim. She yawned and let the song of nature lull her to sleep. Her eyes became heavier and before she knew it, she had already arrived in nod land.


Tap tap tap

A small tapping sound echoed in the forest.

Tap tap tap

The tapping sound grew louder, then followed by three more. Then four, then five, then eleven. The tapping sound came from the raindrops falling from the dark sky.

A single drop fell on Kim’s right cheek. She slowly opened her eyes, unaware anymore of what has been going on in her surroundings. She just sat on the boulder for about half a minute before realizing what’s happening around her. It’s starting to rain already.

Not minding to get all wet and muddy, she just sat there and looked up, enjoying the weather nature has given her. But then minutes later, she swiftly sat up straight and listened to her surroundings with a worried look on her face. It’s not because of the thought of freezing in the rain. She sworn she heard something else besides the raindrops. Kim listened carefully.

“Lie.” A small voice said.

Kim swiftly stood up on top of the boulder. “Who’s there?!”

She was answered by another “Lie…”.

By then, she had already jumped off the rock and started to walk. “Ivan, is that you?” She asked to no one in particular. There was no answer. “Come on, Ivan… This is not funny anymore.” Kim started to panic.

“Lie…”

After hearing the same thing again, she started to run.

“Lie! Lie!!!” The voice grew louder. She ran away as fast as she could before looking back at the boulder. Sparks were flying out behind it. Her feet pounded on the muddy surface as she sprinted towards the forest. Obviously, she disobeyed Ivan’s request not to go too far. Kim panted heavily as she entered the dark forest. She’d better get away from that place before something happens.

Kim narrowed her eyes. The forest used to be darker than this. Lights flashed everywhere again and again like lightning. Tears flooded in her eyes as she ran. The light was too bright; it prevented Kim from seeing clearly. Apparently, she did not know where she’s going.

The young girl made a swift turn around a large tree, only to bump into something rather soft. She opened her eyes and saw a shadowy figure grab her shoulders.

“Kim! Are you okay?!”

It was Ivan.

0-0-0-0-0

I can’t see a thing…

A picture of a dark forest clouded her mind. Sparks started to fly out from behind the nearest boulder.

What did I do wrong?

The sparks grew brighter and soon enough, the forest was filled with flashing lights. Seconds later, a silhouette in a form of a small creature appeared from the dense trees. This creature stood on two legs, with its pointed ears standing up. Its eyes glowed in a tint of blue as it muttered a word.

Lie…

Then everything went blank.

0-0-0-0-0

The brown-haired girl slowly opened her eyes. Her heart skipped a beat after looking around. Everything was white.

“Where am I?! I can’t see!!! I’m blind!” She panicked. On her right side, she heard a light chuckle.

“No you’re not sweetie.” A girl in a white uniform took out the cloth from Kim’s eyes. Kim recognized her as a nurse. “It’s because of the blindfolds.”

Kim blinked a couple of times. “Am I in the hospital?” She asked. The nurse nodded. “A blue-haired boy brought you here. He’s such a nice guy and he’s really worried for you. Ahem… If it’s okay to ask…” The nurse leaned closer to Kim.

“Is he your boyfriend?” And with that, Kim collapsed on the hospital bed, laughing.

“Oh... You mean Ivan? No, he’s not.”

The nurse raised an eyebrow.

“Well if he’s not then…Would you mind if I…”

She laughed as well as Kim. The nurse wiped a tear from her eye.

“I’m just kidding honey.”

“You were?”

“What’s going on?” A young boy leaned on the door with his arms crossed.

“Oh nothing.” Kim grinned at Ivan. The boy sighed and approached the two girls. “Can I have a moment with her alone?” He asked the nurse who nodded and left quickly. Ivan turned his attention to Kim.

“Okay. Tell me everything that you saw last night.”

“Are you mad at me?” Kim suddenly blurted out. Ivan gave her a weak smile.

“No, I’m not. I don’t have the right to keep you locked inside the house all the time anyway.”

“Thanks. But why ask?”

Ivan looked down. He didn’t know how to explain this to the person he had known for too long. Perhaps it should be wise to finally tell her the truth, to let her know why she was kept on the basement for so long, to let her know why her parents didn’t allow her to go outside the house without an escort, and to let her know why they left her to be taken cared of by Ivan.

He gave a deep sigh. “Because we’re talking about a Pokemon.” Kim tilted her head to the side.

“A Po…Kee… Mahn?”

Ivan chuckled and patted her on the head.“Yes, a Pokemon.”


0-0-0-0-0-0
...
And that’s the end of the first chapter … :D More to come X3

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment