Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Princess Yuki

This is my third story! w00t! Anyway, this is about a girl named Yuki, she is a princess in the land of Snow. However, she is hated because she is the daughter of the cruel king. Please Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Princess Yuki

Chapter 1 - Princess Yuki
PROLOGUE
Why must people always hate me? My father is the king, the all-powerful guy. I have NOTHING to do with all the cruelty the king of our land of Snow is causing, or his decisions for that matter. I wish I, the princess of our land of Snow, with lavender hair and grey eyes and ivory skin. I, the 14 year old princess of the Snow, could have been born a common girl. I wish I could sing my heart out to the world, which father has forbidden me to see. All I wish, is for happiness…

CHAPTER 1

“Yuki! Get out of bed!” the maid called. I can’t take the wake up maid, no matter how much I tell her its my one day off, she’ll keep pestering me. One time, she even took the mattress from under my body! The ungrateful little…

“I’ll get up when I want, Kohiko!” I called back, waiting for her to do something completely over the top so I could have her fired. I heard her storming up the wooden stairs louder than an elephant stampede. Kohiko slammed open the door, revealing her red face, I could have sworn I saw smoke coming out of her ears.

“You will get up right now, Miss Yuki! I will not tolerate such behavior from the king’s daughter!” Kohiko screamed. I heard her mumble something too but couldn’t tell what she said. She continued screaming so I got up and walked to my big (and old) Victorian dresser, then looked at her with an annoyed expression indicating I would get up obediently.

I bet you thought that I would be a dark and anti-social person just because of the prologue! Well, your quite mistaken. As much as I hate being royalty, I still have friends. I mean, just because I don’t enjoy that person in my life, doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the other ones.

As for what I look like, I say nothing special, although the court advisers and other castle staff would disagree on a dime. Lavender hair and grey eyes, with matching ivory skin. I wish I looked differently so I could sneak out of the castle every once in a while, but lavender hair is really hard to not notice.

“I should wear a baby blue kimono today!” I say to my dresser, gently pulling out the exquisite kimono from the drawer. “Yeah, this is perfect for today,” I whispered. I put it on with ease, and brushed my hair. The door was closed but Kohiko’s incessant foot-tapping could be heard through it.

I went to the door and opened it, the foot-tapping stopped immediately and instead my arm was grabbed by the maid. “Time for your breakfast, princess Yuki,” she told me. I simply sighed. Sometimes Kohiko seemed like a real you-know-what, but sometimes I could also hear caring in her voice.

This was only part of the reason I could not disobey her. I also couldn’t disobey her because it was said that if you disobeyed someone like her, you would get struck with a curse to no love. I couldn’t take not falling in love. Of course, some would say I had another reason. They would say I had a crush the size of Japan on Kohiko’s son, and must look and sound like a lady whenever he was around. I’ll admit, he’s cute, but I’ve seen better. (I think)

Kohiko sat me down in front of the pancakes and taiyaki. She hurried into the kitchen to fix her own breakfast. I ate quietly and looked around with each sweet bite. There was nothing to look at and wonder what it was because I had seen the dining room every day of my life. I sighed again with a sad feeling.

For some weird reason, I felt eyes on me. I turned every-which-way and still saw nothing. “Who’s there?” I called. No answer. I stood up angrily. “Ugh, don’t make me ask again!” this time I made it sound like an order.

I saw a shadow to my left and brought my right hand to grasp the dagger I had hid in the sash tied around my kimono. I looked coldly at the figure which finally stepped out from the shadows.

“I’m sorry princess Yuki,” the guy said. I realized it was Kohiko’s 14 and a half year old son. I could tell I got really red because when I reached up to my face, it was burning hot.

“Oh my gosh! I-I’m sorry Shika-san!” my voice had gone from ‘obey-or-die’ to ‘what-will-I-do?!’. I hurried over to the rapidly bowing teen-servant. “Wh-what is it you w-wanted?” I asked. I don’t know why I stuttered so much saying that, maybe I did like Shika-san. Oh no! What if I liked him a lot?!

Shika was short for Shikagano. But he likes me to just call him Shika-san. Heck, with a name that long, I liked the short-version too! Shika-san has nice, black, semi-spiked hair. Plus, he was tall. Tall as he is, he’s not nearly as high as the lead court-official. That guy was nice too, but not nearly as nice as Shika-san.

“I came to give you your birthday present. It was not ready in time for your actual birthday, but I still wished to give it to you,” Shika-san said while he bowed again. I blushed a bit, he had never given me a gift before. I took the neatly-wrapped present from him so he wouldn’t have to bow any longer.

He stood up straight revealing his features. He didn’t look cute today, he looked handsome. Wait, I shouldn’t be thinking that about my friend. “Th-thank you,” I blushed. I couldn’t help it! Who could help it? One look at Shika-san and any girl would blush! I still don’t like him like that, though.

“Your welcome,” he replied with a smile. “Well, I’ll get in big trouble if I don’t get back to work, so see you later!” With that, Shika-san walked off with a happy spring in his steps. I sighed and held my hand to my forehead. I must have been sick, I’ll check with Kohiko if she’s not too busy later.
~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
Well, thats it for the first chappie. Hope everyone liked it!
I've already typed the next few chapters so updates should be pretty quick.
Read&Review please

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SoraYamato on February 19, 2007, 10:31:50 AM

SoraYamato on
SoraYamatoHai! Kawaii Hanashi! Very cute start ^-^ Shika and Yuki are good characters

MidNightWander on February 10, 2007, 6:44:28 AM

MidNightWander on
MidNightWanderYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 KAWAII STORY =^_^=, promise you'll write more
 
 
 
 
ps:1st commenter C=
 
 
 
~imotochan~

1mangalover on February 10, 2007, 11:51:45 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloverthanx!!!