Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Pervert and Breakfast For 3 Please!

This is my third story! w00t! Anyway, this is about a girl named Yuki, she is a princess in the land of Snow. However, she is hated because she is the daughter of the cruel king. Please Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - The Pervert and Breakfast For 3 Please!

Chapter 2 - The Pervert and Breakfast For 3 Please!
I finished breakfast and took the dishes to the kitchen so they could be washed. That day would be busy, I could already tell. I took the present up to my room and set it on my dresser. “Maybe I’ll take a walk with Mero today,” I said happily to the dresser.

Mero was my fox, and a very cute one at that. She and I had been together since I was five, and nine years later we still got along pretty well. She liked to squeak at me for no apparent reason, and would turn ‘demon-child’ whenever she sensed someone was not as honest as they said. This is why I take Mero with me everywhere.

I strolled out onto the castle steps looking for Mero’s fluffy orange tail. Out of nowhere she hopped onto me from behind with her haunches set on my shoulders and her paws comfortably resting on my head. Mero liked to do this often as her way of getting out of walking. Fortunately for me, she wasn’t that heavy, so carrying her was easy.

“How about the village today?” I asked the fox. Mero barked in agreement and lightly swatted my back with her tail like I was a horse. “That wont make me go any faster, just so you know,” I told her bluntly when she continued her swatting. Mero merely whined and ceased moving her tail.

When we reached the gates of the castle, I was stopped by a guard. “Princess! You know as well as me that you must have an escort out,” he called down to me. I sighed in annoyance while Mero whined too.

“But just this once, please?” I called back. He shook his head. I sighed again and motioned to a nearby guard to follow me at a distance. The guard stayed back about 30 yards while we walked into town. I earned a lot of cold stares from the townspeople, I couldn’t blame them though. Most of them hated me because I was the daughter of the cruel king, they thought I was just like him. I waved to the kids on the street, but when the children tried to wave back, their mothers or fathers would smack their hands down and whisper to them loudly about “She’s a demon girl, don’t wave at her!” and “Wave at her and she’ll order that fox to attack you!”.

I smiled sorrowfully and continued on. I looked back a few times to check on the guard, he was still there following me with a serious look on his face. “Some guards take their jobs too seriously,” I muttered to myself.

The walk was cut short when I was stopped by a man from walking into a candy store, he didn’t even work there! The man that ran the place was telling him to let me in, we knew each other well. But the man blocking me was persistent so I waved goodbye to the owner sadly and started my journey home.

I passed the guard on my way home. “Did he bother you, princess?” the guard asked quietly.

“Not at all,” I replied. I didn’t want the man to get arrested, after all, I had seen he had a son.


I was back in my room after dinner, finally. I hadn’t been told a local samurai was visiting for dinner. It was obvious he was a suitor. I didn’t like him much, plus he was almost 25 years old! I don’t know why father even allowed him access into our home, he must have seen my faces every time that man cooed over my features, must have heard all the comments on my body.

So I walked back up to my room happy that the suitor was gone. I hope he’ll never come back. Shika-san was in the room as well as Kohiko, standing against the wall behind the suitor. He would make funny faces whenever the suitor would try to tell a joke so that I would laugh. I will thank him, but with what? Ugh, life is starting to get too complicated.

“Hey Kohiko?” I called out. The maid entered the room.

“Yes, princess?” Kohiko asked sternly. “Is something wrong?”

“No,” I answered. Kohiko grunted as if she was angry at me for calling her in for no apparent reason.

“Then what is it?!” she asked irritated.

“Thank you for being my maid,” I said softly. After a few moments, I heard Kohiko walk out of the room. I was smiling to myself. I really don’t know why I did that. After that, I crawled into bed and fell asleep, the day had been a long one anyway.


The next morning was a lot like the previous one at the beginning of this story. Kohiko yelled at me for being lazy, saying that an ordinary princess would be up without being asked or forced out.

“Yeah, yeah,” I teased. “You say that, but do you really mean it?” Kohiko bore a surprised expression.

“Of course I meant it!” Kohiko loudly replied. “Why wouldn’t I mean it?! I mean everything I say!”

“Okay, whatever you say, Kohiko-chan,” I smiled when I said this. I could tell Kohiko was shocked when I added the ‘-chan’ suffix to her name. I thought I saw a slight blush form on her face, but it was probably a figment of my imagination. I asked her to have the chefs make sticky rice with teriyaki chicken for me, but make a lot. She left the room not knowing I had a surprise.

Somehow, I remembered that today was the day I gained Kohiko as my personal maid. I also wanted Shika-san to be there so we could have breakfast together. I went to father to ask permission fo both of them to eat with me at the same table. After a long argument, he finally gave in. I thought I heard the floor squeak a few times but I think it was just Mero playing her cunning little tricks.

I sighed happily while I walked to the dining room because the aroma of food cooking had finally reached me. “I wonder if they know how much more to make? Oh well, nothing can go wrong today,” I cooed at my own idea. “I wonder what its like to be a maid?” Hey, I don’t know what being a maid is like, I should try it someday.

I looked at the huge standing clock as I passed by, it read 11:35 am. I realized the food would be done in 15 minutes so I thought I should go get Shika-san and take him to breakfast.

I finally found Shika-san in the rose garden helping out the new gardener shape the plants into perfect hearts since it was almost Valentine’s Day and White Day. I told the man I needed Shika-san for a while and noticed the old man wink at Shika-san, like he thought we were a couple or something! I put on a fake smile to mask my annoyed feeling. Sometimes I can’t take things like this. I guess I cant take a lot of things.

So we made it to the dining room just in time to an angry Kohiko who practically interrogated me as to why I was late and why I had Shika-san.

“I cant tell you! Just sit down with Shika-san while I go to the kitchen real quick!” I told her. She could tell I wouldn’t budge and accepted her defeat, taking a seat across from her son.

I rushed into the kitchen and told the chefs to get the food on plates and take them out to Kohiko and Shika-san. The chefs strolled out in a straight line while I followed behind. The two looked very surprised when I smiled cheerfully at them. The food was placed in front of us and I shooed the chefs away.

“What is this Princess Yuki?!” Kohiko asked sternly. I merely smiled cheerfully to her, then turned my smile to Shika-san.

“What does it look like? Were eating breakfast together!” I replied happily. I took my pair of chopsticks and invited a reluctant Shika-san to do the same. Shika-san hesitated but then started to eat his food as well.

Now it was just me and Shika-san eating like no tomorrow and staring at Kohiko. She had started eating a few minutes back but was eating like there was no today! She barely had 4 rice grains in her mouth at a time! Let alone the delicious chicken she had barely touched that I was eyeing.

Suddenly, a huge BOOM!!!! Could be heard from the castle grounds and we dropped all our chopsticks and ran to the entrance doors to see what was going on.
~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
Okay, second chappie declared-DONE!!
I realize this is slow-paced, but the next one will have some funny parts I promise!
Please Review

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SoraYamato on February 19, 2007, 10:38:22 AM

SoraYamato on
SoraYamatoOo! What happens next? Tsugi no chapter!

MidNightWander on February 12, 2007, 1:28:46 AM

MidNightWander on
MidNightWandercant wait for the next chapter