Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Great Escape~ Part 1

This is my third story! w00t! Anyway, this is about a girl named Yuki, she is a princess in the land of Snow. However, she is hated because she is the daughter of the cruel king. Please Enjoy!

Chapter 4 - The Great Escape~ Part 1

Chapter 4 - The Great Escape~ Part 1
A/N: Well, yet another chappie. This is no longer a "new" story. *tears* I am so happy you guys like this, so keep loving it! Hope this is good. R&R please!!

Me and father had made it to the private study. I sat down while he took his seat behind a large desk with papers scattered all over it. Tears still slid their way down my face silently. “Yuki,” father called my name like a dog. I nodded slightly to show him I was ready for whatever he was going to say. “Me and your mother… both agreed to this when you were born,” he told me. I winced when he mentioned my mother.

Mom had died a few years ago when she was attacked by assassins on her way to the Konaro kingdom to visit my aunt who ruled there. The assassins had first robbed my mother and her party, and then went back to kill them. The only reason I’m still happy is because I know mother wouldn’t want me to grieve too much.

“Another thing we both decided, was that you would go away from our kingdom to a special palace in the mountains…,” Father paused, but a forceful glance he gave me told me he would continue. “You are being sent there to be a part of the wedding plans.” My shaking had nearly subsided, and I was silently building enough courage to speak to the tyrant of the Snow Kingdom.

“But… what if I don’t want to?” I managed to squeak out just loud enough for him to hear. He raised one of his menacing eyebrows which were questioning me without him saying a word. “Wh-what if… I don’t want to get married to the samurai?” I asked all to nervously. Sometimes, I thought my father was a wolf, a wolf who could smell your fear, and all your other emotions. It felt like he could get the answer out of me doing nothing but look at me.

“Well, Yuki, if you don’t want to be married to him, that doesn’t matter at all. This was decided before your time, and it cannot be changed,” he told me sternly while standing from his chair. “Besides, who else would you marry?” With that, my tyrant of a father, left the room. Two maids came up to me and guided me out of the private study.

“Are you all right, Miss Yuki?” one of them asked when we were almost there to my own bedroom. I nodded and rubbed my eyes for the thousandth time, attempting to halt the flow of salty tears. “Its alright Miss Yuki, I’m sure everything will turn out ok,” the other maid also reassured me as we came to my door.

“Thank you,” I whispered to them, both the maids bowed and left quickly as I shut the door and collapsed on my bed. I knew I was in for a night of no sleep, and a lot of tossing and turning, so I didn’t bother to get under the covers. I sat up and leaned against the wall, hugging my knees as if in one last attempt to isolate myself from my father and Koji.

A knock at my door jolted me back to reality. I kept to my isolated position. “Come in,” I called out. The door opened revealing Kohiko. She shut the door behind her and shuffled her way rather quickly to me.

“Yuki,” Kohiko said. I was shocked that Kohiko didn’t address me how she usually does. “Pack your things,” she ordered. Kohiko reached behind her to reveal three small sacks, which she handed to me. I reached out to take them, and Kohiko tugged me off of the bed and over to my dresser, opening various drawers and stuffing clothes into two of the sacks.

“What are you doing?” I asked, it was going by in a blur. Was Kohiko helping me escape? Why? Why would she risk her life to get me out?! “You shouldn’t do this! Stop! You cant do this!” I yelled to her. Kohiko payed no attention and continued stuffing clothes into the large bags. I dropped the bags and Kohiko picked them up and tied a rope around them to keep them closed securely.

“I cant answer just yet, now come. We need to pack enough food,” Kohiko told me in a ‘hurry-it-up’ tone. She started to walk out the door so I ran out after her, still in a daze. It only took 5 minutes to get down to the kitchens, where I was surprised to find Shika-san there waiting for us.

Kohiko walked right up to him and they both started shoving food into the small bag. I must have looked stupid every time Shika-san stole a hurried glance at me, standing there dumbfounded. I slowly came into realization, they were indeed helping me escape. I could feel tears rising again, half happiness and half regret for letting them do this.

The two servants finished and tied the food bag to the other two bags. They rushed to me and handed me the sacks, and started to run with me towards the doors. Somehow, we got through the entrance doors unnoticed. Me, Shika-san, and Kohiko ran as quiet as possible down the path to giant gates.

“We wont get past the gates, what about the guards?” I asked nervously, seeing Kohiko make a subtle glance at Shika-san.

“Don’t worry, Yuki,” Shika-san told me. He didn’t address me formally either. (for some reason, it made me feel happy) “We have a plan.”
~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
I have a feeling, this is shorter than the other, which I apologize for.
I really wanted to leave a cliffhanger, if you have any cool and awesome ideas, tell me!!!
Was this good?
Review PLEASE!!!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

bambi101 on June 18, 2007, 1:41:06 PM

bambi101 on
bambi101whheeeeeee!!!!!!!*zooms around on the celing* i love this! please make more for this story i love it!

pleaseme on February 23, 2007, 7:13:15 AM

pleaseme on
pleasemeOkay. I like this one as well its origianl hope you update soon!