Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Great Escape~ Part 2

This is my third story! w00t! Anyway, this is about a girl named Yuki, she is a princess in the land of Snow. However, she is hated because she is the daughter of the cruel king. Please Enjoy!

Chapter 5 - The Great Escape~ Part 2

Chapter 5 - The Great Escape~ Part 2
A/N: This is really short, I had more to it, but it didnt go along with the escape. Next chapter will be called 'First Days of Hell' or something. As usual, Read & Review!!


I watched a faint smirk pass over Kohiko’s face. Our small group ran up to an idle cherry blossom tree. Kohiko slipped a dark brown cloak from behind her sash. She handed it to me signaling me to put it on. I did so slowly and watched on edge as Kohiko ran out from behind the tree and up to the gates, where she met a guard that stepped from the bushes.

I couldn’t hear what they said, but Kohiko gave a subtle nod in my and
Shika-san’s direction. This must have been a signal to come out because Shika-san pushed the hood of the cloak over my head and then grabbed my hand to lead me out to the gates.

“Keep your head down, Yuki,” Shika-san warned in a cautious voice. As we neared the gates and that opened and were passing through, all the guards were giving us cheerful faces.

“Good luck, brave one, were happy you can get out of that wretched job!” the guard Kohiko had been conversing with shouted to me. Me and Shika-san passed Kohiko, she told me a quick ‘farewell’ and Shika-san continued to tug at my arm.

“Aren’t you coming?!” I asked, the sound of desperation clear in my voice. She shook her head ‘no’. I understood then and everything that had took place that night started to sink in. “Kohiko! Don’t leave me!” I yelled out to her with a higher level of desperation, I was still being dragged further away from the castle. Tears streamed down my face when Kohiko turned her back and the gates closed with a thud. It felt like she was deserting me, which I knew she wouldnt do. “No…,” was all I could whisper before finally giving in and following Shika-san willingly.

That night I figured out why I didn’t want Kohiko to leave me. Kohiko had become the mother figure I needed right when I needed it. She had taken the place of mom, she and Shika-san had become my true family since the moment I met them. Sure, I had father, an aunt and uncle and 3 cousins, but when could I depend on them be there for me?! Probably not until after the need for them to love and care for me had expired. But Kohiko cared, her and Shika-san both, and I could never thank them enough…

~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
I know this is short, murder me. But hey, it was good, and the next part is going to come in the next 3 minutes or so anyway.
Hehe, so, you like? I thought adding a little description of the 'mother-to-daughter' bond Kohiko and Yuki share would be good as a small sideplot.
Please Review!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

bambi101 on June 18, 2007, 1:43:59 PM

bambi101 on
bambi101*sniffles* so... good... cant... wait.... to... read... more... *sniffles*

pleaseme on March 1, 2007, 6:04:43 AM

pleaseme on
pleasemeso did the guard know that the girl with the hood is the princess?

MidNightWander on February 27, 2007, 8:03:57 AM

MidNightWander on
MidNightWanderYAY!!!more,more.........please ^_^