Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Butterfly Field Trip

A little oneshot I did for a writer's contest in the forums. Mizuko, the main, is on a field trip, and spots A LOT of butterflies! But what happens when the energy blast hits?!

Chapter 1 - Butterfly Field Trip

Chapter 1 - Butterfly Field Trip
Follow the butterflies!

          “Oh, wow! Butterflies, many many butterflies! Greens, blues, reds, yellows, and even ORANGE!” Miss Kichi exclaimed to us students. I, being a mere 8 year old girl, was also excited. I am just a regular third grader, and my name is Mizuko! I’m sorry, but my Mommy says I cant tell strangers my last name. So lets be friends!

          “Alright kids, were going to follow Mr. Karakuri to the flower field, where there are ALL kinds of butterflies!” Miss Kichi continued, receiving groans from the boys and a few happy squeals from the girls. She ushered our 20-student class over to a short and stocky old man. He was quite scary, with all the wrinkles and those squinty black eyes…

          “Hello! Lets go, kids,” Mr. Karakuri grunted to us all. Oh, how frightening. Mr. Karakuri sounded like a *tengu from the mountains up north!
 
           I almost shuddered in my small third-grade schoolgirl uniform that had a white polo shirt and leggings, and plaid skirt and button-up vest. Every girl wore the mandatory brown shoes, that, if they’re loose, will go Clip-Clop! Clip-Clop!

           “Hey, Zuzu-chan!” my best friend, Hinako called to me. My nickname is
Zuzu-chan. She rushed over and snatched my hand, beginning to wave both our arms
up-and-down.

            “Hey, Nako-chan!” I greeted her, joining in on the arm-waving. Gleeful as I was, it wouldn’t have been so great as the day was sure to be without my usual energy blast. It came straight away after my greeting to Nako-chan. I felt a bubbly feeling overcoming me, and smiled the stupid smile I always display on my energy blast.

            My classmates looked at me, expressions of utter horror painted of their faces. They all either ran away up by the teacher, or took refuge behind trees or friends until I passed. As usual, the sugar-induced thoughts of crazy and wild actions flooded my mind, my conscious telling me to pick the best one and go for it.

                               I chose the VERY, BEST, ONE.

             I let go of Nako-chan’s hand in a flash and bolted over to a stream nearby. I heard gasps of shock coming from my classmates- though, WHO CARES?! I had seen an unnoticed beauty, the butterflies! I shouted, chanted, cheered, and gave loud, screechy battle-cries. I chased after the butterfly that flew away as fast as its little wings could carry it.

             “Mizuko-chan! Please come back! You might get hurt!” Miss Kichi called out to me. I didn’t listen, but continued to chase the butterfly, but a different one now. All of a sudden, I spotted something shiny and stopped abruptly. I looked at the shiny thing and it turned out to be a GIGANTIC glass building! I could see many fluttering little butterflies through the windows. A butterfly passed me then, and my eyes followed it.

              I felt a tired hand grasp my shoulder, and heavy panting. I turned and saw Miss Kichi staring at me, looking like she had just run a marathon. “Mi…Mizuko…-chan,” she panted. I felt sorry for her. “Where are you…..going?!”

               My eyes lit up with another sugar-induced idea. I completely turned around and faced Miss Kichi, who seemed to be recovering now, standing upright. I screeched “FOLLOW THE BUTTERFLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

                And so began the Great Race. I was the leader of course. Miss Kichi chased me, Nako-chan chased her, everyone else just ran after us thinking it was a game, and the Tengu Karakuri just walked slowly after us all, smiling. Oh, I’m glad I was first, for his smile might have made him EVEN SCARIER!!! Oh no!

I loved writing that....

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

1mangalover on April 18, 2007, 2:11:13 PM

1mangalover on
1mangalover*TENGU means "demon" japanese.