Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Ravings From A Mad Woman

She's crazy and locked in a cell in the 1600 or 1700's. She talks to weird things that most people wouldn't talk to. Um, this is written in old English, so it may be a little confusing.

Chapters

Chapters

Chapter 1 - Ravings From A Mad Woman
Submitted: November 13, 2005 • Updated: November 13, 2005
Word count: 662 • Size: 3k • Comments: 5 • views: 180

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Bix on March 10, 2006, 10:42:46 AM

Bix on (Chapter: 1)
BixAfter studying documents of people who went man in the time period from which this is from, I have come to find that, because of their madness, they no longer knew the proper wording at the time, therefore the were reduced to a "simpler" style where thee, thou, hast, and suchthelike made no sense to them. Also, I figured that I would post this even though it is extrememly old, so I went back and made it a little more easy to understand to begin with. As installments come, they will increase in literary difficulty.

Lord_B on February 26, 2006, 5:14:09 AM

Lord_B on (Chapter: 1)
Lord_BThis is awesome. I wish more people would write in this style. But's it not Old English.. just kinda 19th century Romaticism almost. It's not even in Middle English actually...

You should probably use words like Thee and Thou, and that likeness, and not words like You.

theWriter on February 18, 2006, 4:29:14 AM

theWriter on (Chapter: 1)
theWriterYou're welcome. Trust me, I know the sad feeling from people not reading my stuff. It's a bummer.

Off topic, Poe is very cool. However, though you're a great writer, I doubt you could beat Poe. No one really can. But, more power to you. ;)

Bix on February 10, 2006, 10:19:09 AM

Bix on (Chapter: 1)
BixHey everyone. I know that this may not seem like it's in Old English now, but as future installments appear from the bowles of my twisted little ponderings, they will progress into a more complicated language; however, don't let that stop you from reading. I promise quality work (depending on what you think).

Also, many thanks to the Writer for his or her comment. Not many people read (or comment) on the poetry part of this site. Thanks so much for your feedback.

I happen to love Poe - he's one of my favorite authors and I vie greatly to outdo him at one point in time. Let me know how I'm doing!

Thanks!
Love ya all
~Bix

theWriter on February 10, 2006, 7:40:58 AM

theWriter on (Chapter: 1)
theWriterIt's not EXACTLY written in old English...rather, more complicated and sophistique language from what we're used to today.

This strongly resembles Edgar Allen Poe in the woman's rantings, her scorns of nature for not realizing her loves death. It flows incredibly well, and I cannot find a fault with it. Great job.