Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Scary Forest

A young trainer really sucks at battling because she doesn't want her pokemon to get hurt. But when she feels worthless and runs away, she realizes she's more important than she thought.

Chapter 3 - Scary Forest

Chapter 3 - Scary Forest
Night had swept over the town, and Cecoe was just now reaching the forest. The setting sun had made her want to stop and just sing with Melody, as they had every other night as sunset. But today, she had to cover as much ground as she could. Melody hobbled along next to Cecoe, holding onto her leash, which was really a string tied to the bandana scarf that was around one of Melody's ears that kept her from separating from Cecoe. Melody yawned. Cecoe blinked and then yawned as well. Melody, hearing Cecoe yawn, yawned again. And Cecoe started to yawn, but then forced it from happening and looked down at Melody, who could barely keep her eyes open.
 
"OH, don't worry!" Cecoe reassured Melody, "We'll get through the forest in no time! And once we get through, there's a town right there and it has an inexpensive hotel!" Melody looked up at her, and suddenly stopped walking. When Cecoe felt the rope lose its slack, she turned back. "What's wrong?" Melody sat down, her eyes open, but you could tell she wasn't even half awake. "Oh fine." Cecoe said, reaching into her bag and pulling out Melody's pokeball. She gently tapped it against the sleepy pokemon, and Melody disappeared in the red light.
 
"Great... now I'm walking alone..." Cecoe thought to herself, and continued walking. A sudden chill went up her spine, realizing that she was alone at night in the middle of a forest. She tried to walk strongly and confidently. "Oh, you know this town well enough to know there aren't any bad pokemon or people around here!" She told herself, as if the angel on her right shoulder was telling her the brightside.
 
"Pshh, yeah, during the daytime." The devil on her left shoulder snickered at the angel.
 
"Even if that was true, you're pretty good with pokemon, I'm sure you can end up asking scary pokemon for help!" said the angel.
 
"Yeah right, before or after they eat you?" the angel and the devil poofed away, and Cecoe was alone again.
 
 
After a short while of walking in silence, Cecoe had gotten bored and plugged in the radio, swaying her head slowly to the love and old 70's songs they played late at night. Though the music was turned up pretty loud, it didn't drown out the faint sound of a branch breaking and falling to the ground. Cecoe stopped suddenly, standing stiffly and looking around. She turned off the radio and listened attentively. No sound was heard, except for the whistle of the wind through the trees. The corny and overused line of 'It's quiet.... too quiet...' came into her head, and she finally understood how inconveniently true it was. She whipped her backpack off, and searched for something... anything that could be used as a weapon.
 
The only thing she could find was a comb with a pretty sharp handle. She stood up quickly, pointing it in front of her threateningly if the thing was still there. She heard another cracking sound from her side now, and she whirled around, her eyes wide, her weapon in ready position in her quivering hands.
 
Suddenly, a low, deep laugh bellowed from some where in the trees, and she saw two big, bright red eyes peered out at her from the darkness, she screamed, dropped her comb, grabbed her backpack, and bolted away. She heard footsteps from behind her, but they faded quickly, and pretty soon, she had reached the town.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment