Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Old Friends, Happy Memories

A young trainer really sucks at battling because she doesn't want her pokemon to get hurt. But when she feels worthless and runs away, she realizes she's more important than she thought.

Chapter 4 - Old Friends, Happy Memories

Chapter 4 - Old Friends, Happy Memories
The town, being dark, just seemed like a usual, ordinary town, nothing seemed too different about it from her home town. Houses, shops, one hotel, one pokemon center, some ocassional trees. But she had a feeling that in morning, the town would light up with its originality.

The hotel's lights were out, but Cecoe could tell they were still open. She opened the door and walked in and over to the front desk, where an old man with a book sat on a Sirvipor shaped seat. He looked up at her when she got near. "Hello, miss, you're out late. Looking for a place to stay?" He asked her, his voice kind and welcoming. He looked a lot like Santa Claus. She nodded shyly. "Alright, well, I can tell you're a new trainer, and I like helping out the new champions of the world, so you can stay here for free tonight, okay?" He said, and Cecoe smiled.

"Really?" She asked happily.

"Mmm-hmm" He said nodding quietly, and turned around and plucked a room key off of the wall, "But only if you let me see your pokemon, I just love seeing starter pokemon, because it says a lot about the trainer."

Cecoe smiled, and pulled out Melody's pokeball, pressing the button. The beam of light formed on the table infront of the old man. When the beam left, Melody was asleep. The old man smiled down at the whismur. "Ah!" The old man admired, "Isn't that somethin', I started with the exact same pokemon!" Cecoe's face lit up again.

"Really?!!" she asked, looking interestedly up at the old man.

"Yep... I had named him Chirp, because he always used to Chirp when he was happy. Me and him won some tough battles..." The old man recalled, leaning back in the chair and sighing, looking at the ceiling.

"What happened to him?" She asked, feeling kind of sad suddenly for the old man.

"Well... I retired us both when I was forty, and we both got old, he got fat and his voice got dry and worn. And one day, about five years ago, out on a walk, a pack of Houndooms came at me, and he bellowed such a loud scream to drive them away, he damaged himself, and his old heart couldn't take it..." The man closed his eyes. "He used to make such good music... what I wouldn't give to hear that voice again..." Melody had woken up, and was stretching now, looking at the old man.

"Oh... that's so sad... so he did it to protect you?" Cecoe thought, then smiled, "Pokemon are such loyal friends. And... if it makes you feel better," She began, looking at Melody, who caught on and stood up. Cecoe made a hand movement, and Melody began singing the tune that all Whismur's seemed to be born with. The old man looked down at Melody, who swayed gently to the tune. Tears formed in his old eyes, and he wiped them away.




The room was kind of small, and there was no TV or phone, just a computer and a tiny bed. There wasn't any bathroom in the room, but she had seen one down the hall. But hey, it was free, so she couldn't complain. She set Melody down on the floor, and she hobbled over to the bed, calling a part of the bed. Cecoe smiled, slowly walking over. She was so excited about tomorow. She wondered if she would catch any pokemon, or if she would meet any new friends, or if her parents would catch her... that was a horrifying thought. She wondered how long it would be before her cell phone rang. She had taken one of her mom's credit cards... what if her mom canceled the account? Naww... she wouldn't do that to her own daughter, she would know that that was the only way she could survive.

She took off her shirt and pants, folding them neatly and tucking them into her bag, and pulled out the pair of clothes she would wear tomorow. She set them on the floor and lay down on the bed, snuggling up against Melody. Eventually, the two of them fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment