Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - How They Met

A young trainer really sucks at battling because she doesn't want her pokemon to get hurt. But when she feels worthless and runs away, she realizes she's more important than she thought.

Chapter 5 - How They Met

Chapter 5 - How They Met
The next morning, instead of the usual sound of the alarm clock playing the tune to '2BAMaster', with a Blastoise jumping up and down on a bell, sunlight pouring in through the window awoke Cecoe. She had her eyes opened, but didn't move. Her first thoughts asked where she was, and then she remembered, and slowly sat up and stretched. She looked to her side, to see Melody had rolled onto the floor and was sleeping face-down with her arms spread out. She looked like a throw pillow.
 
Trying not to wake Melody, Cecoe changed into today's clothes; a midriff-showing camofloge vest, and pair of short shorts with the words 'kiz it' on the butt, with two Smoochums kissing toward each other. Cecoe tied her combat-like boots over her black knee socks, and let out a sigh when she had finished. Her first day of being a trainer! She couldn't wait to get started, but she wanted to let Melody have her rest.
 
Thinking of Melody made her remember how they had first met. It was... what? Three years ago?
 
Her parents had just moved to the preservation a few months ago. Cecoe had been too afraid to go into the forest, in fear of the things she might see, and boys at her school had told her scary stories of little girls getting lost and getting eaten by pokemon. She had never seen one for herself, and from the stories, she never wanted to see one. In the books, people made them out to see so cute.
 
And then for her eleventh birthday, her parents gave her a Ratatta. At first she didn't know it was a pokemon, and so brought on by joy of her new pet, when it ran from her into the forest, she followed after it without realizing what she was doing. Eventually, she had lost sight of the Ratatta, and she had gotten herself into the middle of the forest.
 
Scared, she just started running and yelling, hearing all the sounds of the pokemon in the trees. She could see out of the corner of her eye, the millions of bright yellow and red eyes peering out at her. She could practically feel their breath on her neck as she ran.
 
Though it was the middle of the day, she felt as if it was night, and she was blind in the darkness the forest created. Out of breath, she stopped by the lake and started crying. She still swears she could hear the pokemon laughing at her from the forest.
 
After crying the last tear her body could muster, she knew she needed to calm herself down, so she began singing a song she had learned that day in school. The song worked, she slowly stopped sobbing, and got caught up in the song.
 
She became so distracted by the words she was singing, she thought it was her imagination that another voice was singing with her. The song was originally a duet, and Cecoe had gotten herself singing the lower part, the harmony, and this new voice was singing the higher tunes, the melody, of the song. 
 
When the world leaves you
And there's no song to sing
And the cold holds you
I'll carry you to spring
 
I'll carry you to sunshine
I'll carry you to rain showers
I'll carry you to sweet smells
Coming from the flowers
 
So hold your head up
And you could be a king
and if you get let down
I'll carry you to spring
 
I'll carry you, sweetie
I'll carry your comb
I'll carry your shoulders
And I'll carry you home

 
When the lyrics ended, and the song went to a soft humming, Cecoe had messed up one note, and that's when she realized she wasn't imagining the voice. She turned and looked around her, jumping at the sight of the tiny pink ball sitting next to her. She screamed, startling the pink ball, making it scream, and the two started screaming together, trying to get louder than the other. When they could get no louder, they both broke out in laughter.
 
The friendship was almost...
 
love at first sight.
 
 
((Lol! There ya go, kouni!))
 
((IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRITE THE LYRICS!!! But yeah, that'sCecoe and Melody's song

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on February 28, 2007, 11:21:54 AM

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on
Tuxedo_Mini_Masklol I love your story write more and I wana be in it ASAP lol can I join you on your journey?

Cecoeluv on February 28, 2007, 12:07:02 PM

Cecoeluv on
CecoeluvSorry, like I said, I've reserved the 'traveling w/ Cecoe' spot already lol
 
I'll try to bring you guys in as soon as possible
 
Kouni, I think your Kara will appear in my next chapter *if I stay focused enough lol*
 
and Minitux's Leo'll come in the first gym... I think I'm gunna make it... hmmm... a psychic gym? hmmmmm

Kouni46892742 on March 1, 2007, 6:13:56 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742yahoo...kewl

Kouni46892742 on February 28, 2007, 11:53:12 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742i have the same question.....i don't really care though (it'd be kewl if you did)

Kouni46892742 on February 28, 2007, 9:55:28 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Yeah! I won't bug you as much now, i promise (.....i think)

Cecoeluv on February 28, 2007, 11:52:29 AM

Cecoeluv on
Cecoeluvlol! Bug me as much as you want, it makes me feel that my work is appreciated :)

Kouni46892742 on February 28, 2007, 11:54:46 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Ok then....UPDATE....yay i like this