Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - First Battle

A young trainer really sucks at battling because she doesn't want her pokemon to get hurt. But when she feels worthless and runs away, she realizes she's more important than she thought.

Chapter 10 - First Battle

Chapter 10 - First Battle
((I'd like to start off by saying, sorry for making you all wait so long.. BUT I'M FREE!!! My 8th grade grad. happened tonight, and I've got summer to be free!! :D *dances* DANCE WITH ME!! Anyway, so I thought for my first summer-ly duty, I'd write up a new chapter. This is what yall're waitin for! :) Enjoy :*))
 
Ryou stood attentively, looking straight at Melody, who was playing merrily with her ears.
 
"Okay, now. This battle will consist of one pokemon only, the first one to fall for at least five seconds is the loser." Stephanie said, playing the referee of the battle. "Your pokemon are of equal level and stats, so the battle seems to be totally up to your judgements as trainers." Cecoe gulped. Crap... she had failed her test to be a trainer... how could she surpass a battle where she had to use her OWN BRAIN?!!
 
She looked down at Melody, hoping for an encouraging-looking ball of pink smiling at her hopefully; but instead found a pink bubble spinning in circles, trying to reach its own little stubby tail.
 
"Ready.... Set... Start!!" Stephanie called, throwing her arm down. The battle was taking place in the sand under the dock. Kara and Cecoe stood behind their pokemon, Kara with a relatively blank expression with just a bit of worry. Pshhh... she was worried? Cecoe didn't show it, but she strongly feared she had made the wrong choice, for Melody's sake. She couldn't blow this for Melody... this would be her first battle, and how would she look as a trainer to the pokemon she just made lose?
 
Zoning out, she had hardly noticed the first attack had begun. A headbutt just barely missed the twirling and spinning Melody.
 
"Concentrate, Ryou!! Find you aim... noooooow.... GO-" Kara started, but Cecoe cut her off with her own command.
 
"Jump over him, Melody!!" And Melody, in response to her name, stopped twirling. But before she could comprehend what had just been said, it was too late. The hard head of the hyena pokemon had hit hard into Melody's back. "You okay, Melody?" Cecoe asked. Melody slowly sat up, having been thrown a good few feet forward. "Good job, Mel! Now! Uproar!! Make it LOUD!!" Cecoe said, but had to yell over the shrill sound of Melody's reaction to the word 'uproar.' Every moving thing stopped for a moment, frozen in shock of the horrid noise that was splitting their ears in two.
 
Cecoe just stared, unaffected. She had heard this noise so many times before, it didn't hurt her ears anymore. But the unprepared ears of the Poochyena made it fall to its front legs, in hopes of hiding from the noise. But then, being the fragile thing she was, Kara fell to the ground, holding her hands over her ears, beads of tears forming at the bottom of her eyes. Ryou's head spun around, to look at his trainer. His eyes narrowed. They were hurting Kara! He could take the pain, but when you brought Kara into it...
 
Ryou stood up, and ran at the shrieking Melody. He headbutted her hard in the stomach, sending her flying back. She grunted hard when she hit the ground.
 
"Melody!!" Cecoe screamed. The little ball of pink grunted again, as she weakly tried to stand up, but fell back down. Cecoe ran to her, "Oh... Mel..."
 
"Cecoe's Melody is unable to continue! Kara wins!" Stephanie cheered neutrally, as Kara smiled and opened her arms to Ryou, who jumped in lovingly and began licking her face.
 
Cecoe cradled Melody in her arms and stood up. "Good battle, I really am no good at this... you were fantastic, though!" Cecoe said, trying to be a good sport. But she then darted up to the boardwalk to find a pokecenter.
 
"Wait!!! Cecoe!!" Stephanie and Kara yelled at the same time.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on June 7, 2007, 8:53:47 AM

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on
Tuxedo_Mini_MaskYAY! an update I didn't see =D Lol Good chapter! and guess what... I GRADUATED THE 8th GRADE AS WELL! Just a few days ago! lol

Cecoeluv on June 7, 2007, 1:19:24 PM

Cecoeluv on
Cecoeluvhappy grad!! Mine sucked, it was really lame, there were police officers there to arrest parents who cheered for their children.... it was TOTALLY lame

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on June 7, 2007, 1:22:22 PM

Tuxedo_Mini_Mask on
Tuxedo_Mini_MaskLOL! Thats funny! mine was lame too NO CAP OR GOWN! lol and yet for my 5th and kindergarden graduation I have a cap and Gown! lol and The same with mine, Parents could only stand up... They were not aloud to cheer! lol but we didn't have Cops! lol

Kouni46892742 on June 5, 2007, 12:50:41 PM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Yay! I won! But what about you? I didn't want to make you feel bad...

Cecoeluv on June 6, 2007, 3:17:02 AM

Cecoeluv on
Cecoeluvlol don't worry, this ain't gunna be the first time Cecoe loses ;)

Kouni46892742 on June 8, 2007, 12:49:13 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742I still feel bad.....Oh, is there a possibility of adding the new chapter before sunday?

Cecoeluv on June 8, 2007, 2:34:27 AM

Cecoeluv on
Cecoeluvhmmmmm... maybe why?

Kouni46892742 on June 8, 2007, 2:35:11 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742I'm leaving for camp Sunday morning...and not coming back for two weeks...

Cecoeluv on June 8, 2007, 5:38:00 AM

Cecoeluv on
CecoeluvLucky!! I wish I could leave and go somewhere for summer... I'm so bored here, I've done 4 loads of laundry in one day!! >.< god... have fun, and I'll try to post a new one before then :)