Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Learning to love a demon isn't easy.

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue
The fragility of being human is a curse. It's disgusting, even. They do not live long, and their aging process is putrid; horrid to think about. Demons can out last any human, being immortal. Tsk, why should we even pay that pathetic race any heed? We are their betters, their lord, their masters. With a flick of a claw, they die so easily.

A wicked smile graced his thin lips as he held up his hand, claws extended and beginning to glow with a faint green tint.

They should all die.

"Sesshomaru-sama, Sesshomaru-sama!" The small girl ran as fast as her legs would carry her, latching herself onto the pair of legs that were now known to belong to this 'Sesshomaru'.

All his earlier thoughts fled from his mind as his golden eyes lowered to meet the bright chocolate eyes, innocence and happiness swirling within her umber pools.

"What is it, Rin?" He asked, his tone softening slightly at the sight of the small child.

"Sesshomaru-sama, I found a field of flowers! May I go pick some?" Her childish face pleaded him, as her hands clasped together and her eyes grew. Tears began to pool to express how much she truly wanted to pick the flowers.

The demon lord's eyes closed as he slowly turned his head to the side, his hand lifting and waving slightly. "Go ahead." He responded, hating how she always used this look against him. Perhaps his one weakness.

"Domo arigatou, Sesshomaru-sama!" With one final squeeze of his legs, the small girl trotted off to the field where she had found the flowers.

"W-wait, Rin!" The small toad demon croaked and gave chase to the careless child, having been ordered to keep an eye on her by his master.

Once the two was out of his sight, the demon sighed through his nose, looking out at nothing. How is it that, that child can change my thoughts with such ease? Shaking it off, he sniffed the air once. Eye brows furrowed, not being able to recognize the new scent that filled the air and his sensitive nostrils.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 11, 2012, 5:02:29 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahWOOT! Finally, a good Sesshoumaru fic in the works; yush! -fistpump- x3

DemonCat226 on August 11, 2012, 5:16:58 AM

DemonCat226 on
DemonCat226Really? =D
I have a couple more chapters, but someone told I need to fix Rin.
They think I overplayed her innocence as a little girl, so... I am trying to think of a new way to write it ^^;