Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 25 - Chapter 21

THIS IS MY FURBIE STORY. unfortunately, i dont own Furuba, and if anyone has any problems with this story i will delete it AGAIN, it is only back by popular demand. My character, Kuroumo, replaces Rin.

Chapter 25 - Chapter 21

Chapter 25 - Chapter 21


I groaned, feeling the pain flowing through me. I turned my head slightly, and saw Gure lying asleep beside me, his hair falling into his eyes. I gently and slowly lifted my hand and brushed it out of his face, and he smiled a little and shifted closer to me. I winced in pain at the pressure he put on my stomach.



Something touched my shoulder, and I looked up, seeing Hatori. H e looked at me, smiling in a worried way. He soon told me what had happened.



I did not care.



“Ku, don't you have anything to say?”



“I am glad. I didn't want it. At least it never had to live knowing that.”



He looked at me, pain showing on his face, “One day you will look back on this is sorrow.”



“Maybe, one day.”



I turned my head once more to look at Shigure, a sad smile playing across my face. He would feel the pain more than I. I heard Hatori walking away, and sighed. I closed my eyes once more, and fell into a shallow sleep, filled with thoughts and dreams.



I woke again later on, well into the next day. And found Shigure no longer lying next to me. I tried to move, and gently eased myself into a sitting position. Rolling onto my knees I sat, poised, as if about to crawl, before pushing myself up, using the sofa for support. Finally on my feet, I felt light headed, and held on to the arm of the sofa, to stop myself from keeling over. I tentatively walked a few steps, and finding this simple, I walked over to the kitchen, holding on to various items of furniture as I went.



Finding the kitchen empty, I proceeded through to Shigure's study. He was sitting at his desk, working studiously, for a change. He didn't hear me approach, and so jumped when I placed my hand on his shoulders.



He swivelled around on his swivel chair, knocking me off my feet and onto his lap. Here he held me, and I held him, embracing deep into both our souls. He said nothing, and neither did I. We didn't need to; we understood each other as it was. I hoped I had not hurt him. But I did not need to apologise.



Instead I felt tears rolling down my face, and landing on him, leaving a wet patch on the top of his shoulder. He pulled me away from him, and held me at arms length, before lifting a hand, to wipe a tear from my face.



He held me like that, and leant forward to hold me close to him once more. Whatever happened, we would get through this together. Not that I cared.



“I love you, my Ice Maiden,” he said.



I smiled though my tears. He understood me perfectly.



I spent the day asleep, lying under heavy covers on my bed, and sleeping off the pain that was still ebbing through me. I slept into the night, and when I did wake, I fell asleep once again.



I gradually emerged from my room the next morning, and when I managed to get down the stairs I found Hatori had come around to check on me. He leant on the counter in the kitchen, whilst I made us both a cup of tea, and some toast. As we ate, we talked, and time was spent quickly.



Hatori left shortly before lunch, and I went to my piano, and began to compose. I had had enough of painting for a while. As I played I didn't realise that Shigure was in the room, and when I stopped playing and scribbling, he spoke, “Are you feeling better?”



“Yes. Tori said it would bruise, and still be sore for a while. But I shouldn't get anymore scars from it.”



He smiled. “Do you need any more?”



“No, don't think so. I'm sure I have enough.”



“Akito phoned earlier, I think Ha'ri told him you were ill. He wanted to know how you were. And he hoped you would get better soon.”



“I doubt that.”



Shigure looked troubled. So I walked over to him, and put my arms around his neck, “I much prefer it when you smile,” he smiled, but the troubled look stayed in his eyes. I tried to think nothing of it, and it soon left my memory. He kissed me gently, before pulling my arms away and walking off, due to the phone ringing. I heard him answer, and before long he called my name.



I walked towards him, and took the phone off him, “Hello?”



“Hi Ku! It's Kyoka! Long time no see!”



“shoot?! Kyoka?! Is that really you?”



“Yep, sure is!”



“What the hell are you doing?”



“Ummmm…talking to you, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up.”



“Sure! You dog! I can't believe we only just got in touch. When? Where?”



“Ummmm…tomorrow…morning. About ten-ish? In the coffee shop in town?”



“Yeah, sure great! See you then.”



“Uhuh.”



W both rang off, and I turned to Shigure, who was looking at me, bewildered at the shouting and swearing he had just heard.



“Who was that?”



“It was Kyoka. I haven't heard from her for ages.”



“Kyoka?! As in Tori's sister, Kyoka?”



“Yes.”



“Really?”



“Yes.”



“Are you sure?”



I punched him playfully, and he fell over, falling through a door as he did so. “Look who's breaking the house now.”


Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

angel_of_beauty_and_light on September 29, 2005, 8:05:30 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightIs that how you usually greet your friends? How rude!

Nemya on September 27, 2005, 10:37:13 PM

Nemya on
Nemya*glomps you*

Nyee hee... Updated^^
Yarrr tis awesome and also tis Smeagol!!! Yarrr!!!!^^

Lanathae on September 27, 2005, 4:32:10 PM

Lanathae on
Lanathaeyay it's meeeee... well my voice anyway....

Lanathae on September 27, 2005, 5:25:18 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaehey! when am i gonna be in your story???... *sniff*

Nemya on September 26, 2005, 10:22:29 PM

Nemya on
Nemya*glomps you*

Awww, you and Gooey don't end up with a kid. Actually, that would be pretty scary... But awesomeness, as usual!