Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Chapter 24

THIS IS MY FURBIE STORY. unfortunately, i dont own Furuba, and if anyone has any problems with this story i will delete it AGAIN, it is only back by popular demand. My character, Kuroumo, replaces Rin.

Chapter 28 - Chapter 24

Chapter 28 - Chapter 24


I ran to find a camera, and hurriedly took loads of pictures, to keep as future mementoes. I then helped him to undo all the little plaits, and laughed at him when he started to moan that I was pulling his hair. We were sitting like that when Yuki returned, with Tohru. As Yuki walked past my room, he looked in quickly, and then walked on, muttering under his breath something that sounded like `chimpanzees'.



We went back downstairs, and Shigure was about to ask Tohru what she wanted for dinner, when he turned to me, and spoke quickly, “LESSGOOUTFORDINNER?”



“Um, what was that?”



“Lets go out for dinner!”



“Ok, why not.”



“We need to change.”



“Hmm…ok. And I'll tell Yuki we're going.” As I ran up the stairs to my room, Gure went into his, and ten minutes later, we had both arrived on the porch, both changed into fancy clothes, with Shigure wearing a suit, and me in a tulle dress, that was dark green/blue. We walked out of the house, and climbed into the cab waiting for us, that whisked us off into the town, and to the posh restaurant. As we walked in, I felt eyes turning to stare at us. Most of the other clients in the restaurant were either old or middle-aged, and I soon realised we were the youngest there.



We walked over to our table, and Shigure made sure I was seated, before he himself sat down. We looked at the menu, and Shigure ordered a bottle of wine. I scanned the menu. It was mostly fish. Which I didn't eat. Oh dear.



I finally found something non-fishy, and ordered some miso soup, and a type of rice, whilst Gure ordered some sort of Sushi. Disgusting man. We sat and waited for our food, laughing and talking, and occasionally sipping wine. The food was good, and the company was excellent. We ate, and were just waiting for coffee when Gure started to talk. “Ku, there's something I've been meaning to ask you.”



I looked at him expectantly. I was hoping he would hurry up, I needed the toilet.



“I wanted to ask you, well, I was wondering, well, um. Willyoumarryme?”



I looked at him blankly.



He took a deep breath, before starting again.



“Will you marry me?”



I was shocked, and pleased. But so shocked.



And before I knew it, my mouth opened and I began to speak.



“Yes.”



He looked at me, surprised. And I laughed, a nervous laugh.



We finished the meal, and left the restaurant together, deciding to walk home. We held hands on the walk through the woods, but decided to keep it a secret. A lovers' secret. Between my love and I.



That night we made love passionately, and became so deeply in love, we were nearly drowning in it. We spent days planning our secret wedding, and it came about within a month.



It was a beautiful summer's day, and we were getting married in the country. It was small, as it was still a secret, and the only people who would be there were Kyoka, Nari, Hatori, Aaya, and of course, Shigure.



Kyoka and Nari were my bridesmaids, but both were wearing their own clothes. I was wearing a strapless cream gown. The bodice of it was fitted, and swathes of cream material ran horizontally around my body. A skirt flowed out from it, into a long train. I wore no veil, but threaded white roses and ivy in a wreath into my hair that I wore down, and I held a bouquet of white roses and flowing ivy.



Shigure stood at the other end of the path that made for the aisle, and as I, Nari and Kyoka walked down it, towards him and Hatori, Aaya and the minister, I smiled at my family. I reached them, and took Shigure's hand in my own, holding onto it for my life's worth.



The minister began the ceremony, and it was all well on the way, and we had started our vows, Shigure having already said, “I do,” when it was nearly my turn to say this, when I noticed that Hatori and Aaya had started to walk away. We continued, but I was bewildered. I had just said “I do,” and the minister had pronounced us man and wife, when I heard a blood-curdling scream.



I turned slowly, in slow motion it seemed to me, in the direction of the sound, and saw a young face, contorted in rage. Akito. And then, everything speeded up, and moved so fast. Hatori and Aaya running towards him, and pushing him to the ground, me screaming at them not to hurt him, and something hurtling through the air towards me. And then choking, and gasping for breath, it hit me, and I fell, landing against my husband. Gasping for a few hurtful breaths, I lifted my brown eyes to his, and spoke, just loud enough for him to hear,



“I love you,” and the words died on my lips.



***



Shigure caught her as she fell against him, and watched in horror as blood spread across her innocent cream dress, right from where the knife hit her. He was only distantly aware of Nari's screams, and Kyoka trying to help him. He lowered her to the ground. And knelt over it. He then lifted her up, and cradled her to his arms. Sobbing, loudly.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on November 8, 2005, 3:44:03 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaehmm, oh dear....



but i least i was there ^^

Nemya on November 1, 2005, 3:06:21 AM

Nemya on
NemyaOh wow. Such a lovely chapter. You did tell me not to comment on this, but I couldn't resist, could I?

"Disgusting man" How true. Made me laugh so much xD

But it's such an amazing and wonderful chapter, and at the end it's so sad.. All beautiful, and then Akito comes and ruins it all. Typical x.X

And then Nari screaming at the end, oh dear such typical her. The peace was ruined by Akito.

Such awesome description of things, and it's great and very effective how it goes to the 3rd person at the end...

Hmmm. I don't know about her dying. Seems too sudden... But I don't think it'd do very well continuing for much longer, as this kind of seems the final death. What would appear a good idea (to me, I know it's a crummy idea) is if you had one more chapter, Kuroumo half-waking up in hospital, only she doesn't remember much at all and... I suck at decribing. But then she dies. Because you can't have something like this and not kill her off (awful choice of words) as this is kind of final. But I think you should have one more chapter as a kind of reflecting-on-things chapter, and you could be half-awake to see Gooey or whoever around your hospital bed. But that is it. And the chapter should be centered on your thoughts and yourself, as you are half-concious and not able to properly see around you. But then you should die. Sorry.

Marik: I /told/ you it was a stupid idea.
Mel: Yeah, actually, it is. But I'm not deleting it s it took me ages to write down!! Sorry for my pathetic ideas D:

But such an amazing chapter!!

angel_of_beauty_and_light on October 31, 2005, 9:50:51 PM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightAHHH! IT WOULDN'T LET ME FINISH MY COMMENT!!!!!!

Anyways, I was gonna say about her getting fatally wounded, although her body would give up, my random insecure sucidal character gets stabbed, shot, caught in a bomb blast, almost eaten by lions (o.O) and many other things. Perhaps not by lions though.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND (you must have known this was coming) WRITE MORE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! *begs* PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WRITE MORE, MY ENTIRE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!

angel_of_beauty_and_light on October 31, 2005, 9:48:00 PM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightI was not avoiding reading this!! Why would I? I have been waiting for ages for it to be put up, why would I not read????

It is *unable to controll hyperness* SO GOOD! AND SO SAD!!! WHY WOULD AKITO DO SOMETHING THAT MEAN?? HE IS SUCH A BASTARD, I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!

*calms down* But of course she doesn't die. Because it is called Sohma, Kuroumo, and that ending wasn't stretched out enough after she died, like a funeral, and everybody crying, paying last respects. So that means she survived, again. This is like the tenth time she has been fatally wounded, surely her body would just give up.