Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Standing For One's Self

Please read and comment. At least the first chapter. If you do like this story anyway. Dont expect daily upgrades. Because I got other stories to work on.

Chapter 2 - Standing For One's Self

Chapter 2 - Standing For One's Self
~Chapter 2~
Standing For One’s Self


Those 30 minutes of waiting for the results seemed like forever. Luna and Leo had only waited for seven minutes already. Until Leo knew what needed to be said.
“Hey Luna.” Leo said shacking the depressed, possibly pregnant 16 year old in his arms.
“Yeah… Leo?” Luna said between sobs.
“If you are pregnant… what about an abortion? Would that help?” Leo said unsure of how to say it.
“You’ve known me since I was born Leo. You know I don’t believe in abortions…” She looked up at him stupidly.
“Sorry, you’ve never said anything about it…” Still unsure of his words.
“I though I have before.” Looking at him with bloodshot orbs. Luna brought her face closer to her body, looking down to the floor. She saw that Leo had left chip crumbs from last night. It looked weird with their mixture of light grey and bright purple carpet.
“How long do we have left?”
“15 minutes…” Leo said checking out the clock on the oven in the walk in kitchen.
“Time flew a bit…” She lowered her head even more, “I’ll kill Greg if I’m pregnant.
“That would be unfair to the baby then” Leo had a faint laugh in his sentence.
“How lucky he is that I don’t believe in abortion.”
“Well we don’t need a homicide at the school.” Leo had checked back at the clock. They had waited only 18 minutes. That meant 12 minutes left until the moment of truth came. Came and hit them hard depending if there was two pink lines, or one blue one. Leo knew this would be a struggle on Luna. He didn’t know how much it would hurt, but that if she wasn’t pregnant she was free to kill Greg.
“Leo…”
“Yes Luna” He felt her shiver a bit.
“How much longer Leo?” She said emotionless.
“Nine minutes…”
“Man I hate time. It takes forever unless you’re having fun.”
“How are you going to tell Greg that—if you’re pregnant?” Leo said coldly.
“You’re a moron Greg and the baby will see you once in its life. So this is all you’re fault and you should have done it with someone that could do this. Or didn’t believe in a abortion.’ Then I’ll walk away saying ‘I hate you’…” Luna said angered.
“That’s a bit stern. Yet it is his fault. In a way though it’s ours, only because we went to the party.”
“How is it your fault?” Luna said looking up at him with a confused expression.
“That I wasn’t watching out for you and watching his every move.” Leo tilted his head toward his feet. Then they both stared at the oven clock and saw that they had one minute. Luna got up revealing they cry spots on Leo’s clothes. She ran to the bathroom followed by Leo. They kept glancing at the hand clock on the bathroom wall and watched the second hand take its time. Finally it had been 30 minutes. Luna busted out into tears.
Leo couldn’t tell if they were tears or joy of regret. A flash of the pregnancy test caught his eye. It was positive. Even though he was a guy, tears had formed into his eyes. Luna turned around and tightly embraced him in fear. All he could do was give her sympathy. Leo knew since Greg wouldn’t do anything that it was now is responsibility.
“My responsibility…” Those two simple words flew through Leo’s head. He only embraced Luna tighter with that simple yet uncommon to teens thought. Stupid Greg, he didn’t know how much pain he had done. Now the next nine months will be a challenge to overcome. Hopefully Luna may rethink about the abortion thing. If not, being careful and quiet will be a lot. School though… what will happen to her reputation?
“Leo…” Luna said with a quiet sob.
“Yes Luna?”
“What will you think people will think when they hear I’m having a baby? Also that its Greg’s?” Luna had raised her head to see unsure, dilated orbs.
“I don’t know Luna. I don’t know… What if we say it was my baby?” Regretting his words. Knowing him and Luna are too good of friends for her to go with that.
“Let’s wait until I start showing I’m pregnant…” Leo was shocked at her answer. He thought that a inflamed hand marked would appear on his check. Instead a mentally bright blush appeared on his round face. Luna though, showed a physical blush, but it was very faint. Leo broke the embracement and brought the teenager that had fell, without a prop to hold on to, to her bare feet.
“Luna, I’m going after Greg Monday. You though are going to stay home and calm down…Also I don’t want you fighting with anyone…ok?” Leo said demandingly. Luna shook her head and understood by his tone of voice.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

GreyPichu on September 20, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

GreyPichu on
GreyPichuOMG!Luv th story!can't wait til u update it next week(or sometime around then)