Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Kit's Beginning

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 1 - Kit's Beginning

Chapter 1 - Kit's Beginning


Potions, Kit's absolute least favorite class. She sighed as she stared into the tar-like substance that bubbled in her cauldron. She filled her vial and handed it to Snape. He looked down at her and scowled. He motioned for her to leave his sight. She left the dungeon quickly and headed for Quiddich practice. She grabbed her Firebolt from the broom closet and ran down to the pitch. She was in such a rush that she slammed into another student. Slam! She dropped all of her papers and her broom flew over the boy's head. Kit blushed, “ I am really sorry! H… hi Cyrus….” She walked away after snatching her papers and broom from the ground. Cyrus ran after her.

“ Hey Kit!” he grabbed her shoulder. “ Uh, do you think I could watch your practice?” He walked with her down to the pitch.

“ S… sure Cyrus…” she blushed and headed for the field. Malfoy was waiting on the field.

“ Johnson! Get your stupid self over here!” Malfoy tapped his foot impatiently. He had been made chaser when Kit joined the team. Kit ran towards the pitch and waved to Cyrus. She had an outstanding practice. She caught the snitch in 5 minutes. She walked over to the captain and smiled wide. Malfoy waited until everyone was gone accept for Kit and Cyrus.

“ You're such a git!” He shoved her backwards. She tripped over her robes and fell hard to the ground. “ You stupid… UGH!” He didn't get a chance to finish his sentence because Kit had punched him hard in the stomach. She turned on her heel and stormed off. She started to sob as she walked towards the Black Lake. Cyrus jeered at Malfoy before he sprinted after Kit. He found her staring towards the waves on the lake. He came over to her and sat down next to her.

“ Don't listen to him. He is just angry because you're so talented and smart and…” he stopped and his face turned completely red. She looked at him and laughed.

“ You shouldn't hang out with me… I am just a Slytherin. Nothing at all compared to you and Harry and everyone else…” Kit blushed and felt him put his hand over hers. She pulled away slowly. “ We should head to dinner now…” He nodded and they both walked towards the Great Hall.

At dinner, there was a riot going on at the Slytherin table. Kit ran from the table to the second floor. Malfoy was doing the scene where he tortured Kit at the pitch. Cyrus, who saw her run, told Harry that he would meet him in the common room that night. Harry told Ron and Hermione, who nodded and then Cyrus ran after Kit. He found her in the abandoned second floor girl's lavatories. He walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. “ You shouldn't be alone at this time.” He put his arm around her shoulder and helped her to her feet.

“ Let's take a walk around the lake…” Kit suggested as she blushed and gestured towards the door. Cyrus nodded and took her hand. He felt a little bit strange as he left the school, as if someone was watching them. He shrugged and walked towards the moonlit lake. The water sparkled as the two of them walked side by side around the perimeter. Kit brought up a random topic. “ So, why are you interested in someone like me?” Cyrus was taken aback. He thought she knew about his feelings, his past.

“ I like how you act and…!” His hand let go of hers as Kit fell, tripping over the hem of her robes, into the lake. Oh crud! He thought as he threw off his school robes to jump in. Her head bobbed to the surface and she grabbed his outstretched hand. He pulled her on land and she shivered. “ Let's go to the common room.” He wrapped his cloak around her and held her close, before returning quietly to the abandoned hallways. It was past 11 at night. Filch roamed the hallways, looking for stragglers. They got to the Gryfindor common room unnoticed. He ushered Kit inside and she sat down by the warm fire. Cyrus went to run to the boys' dormitory but ran into Harry and Ron in the process. “Ugh!” Cyrus grunted as he fell onto the couch.
“ Where were you?” Harry questioned Cyrus intently with Ron shining his wand in Cyrus's face.

“ Who is SHE?” Ron pointed his wand at Kit, whose robes were hidden beneath Cyrus's long black cloak.

“ She… she's my… uh… my…. My girlfriend!” Cyrus was surprised that he said this to them. He blushed and looked at Kit, who blushed in return. He left the common room and brought her to the dungeons. She turned to him and leaned in really close, but then heard footsteps and darted through the heavy wooden door, leaving Cyrus without a goodnight.

The next morning, Cyrus saw Kit on his way into Defense Against the Dark Arts. She saw him and walked towards him. Hermione just talked to Ron and Harry, and approached the two of them. “ Cyrus! I am so happy that you two are in love! You are proving that Slytherins and Grifindors can love each other!!!” She said this extremely loud and in front of the rest of the group of students. Cyrus slapped his hand to his forehead and Kit hid behind him as they entered the classroom.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on February 4, 2007, 11:06:14 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreanegawd thats so cute!! haha