Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - First Quiddich Match

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 3 - First Quiddich Match

Chapter 3 - First Quiddich Match


The first quiddich match of the season started today, it was Ravenclaw versus Slytherin. Cyrus, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville, and Ginny all took seats in the back row of the Gryfindor risers. They all waited for Lee Jordan to comment on the match.

“ Lee Jordan here and ready for the teams to come out! For Ravenclaw, quiddich captain Roger Davies! And the seeker, Cho Chang!” The crowd roared as the Ravenclaw team came to the middle of the pitch. “ And here is the Slytherin team, quiddich captain Marcus Jackals! And the seeker, Kit Johnson!” The Slytherins shouted, chanted, booed, and jeered as the teams met to start the match. The game started quickly and the seekers took off and started their search for the snitch. The Ravenclaw beaters aimed straight for the Slytherin seeker and the chasers. Kit dived fast to avoid getting wailed with a bludger. She glanced into the crowd and saw Cyrus and she slipped off of her broom, onto the ground, 50 feet below. About halfway down, she saw Malfoy dive from above and go down under her. She felt lightheaded and then felt arms curl around her. She turned around and saw that Malfoy had caught her. Looking down, Kit estimated that she was probably around ten feet above the ground. She risked jumping off of the broom, out of Malfoy's grip. As the ground was right below her, Kit made sure her knees wouldn't lock and she landed stealthily on her feet, stumbling a bit, but then she felt around the inside of her robes' pocket. There, she found it, her wand. In one fluid movement, she flicked her wand out of her pocket and pointed it towards the sky.

“ Accio Firebolt!” Kit's broomstick headed straight for her outstretched palm. She felt it settle into her grip and she threw herself onto it's handle and she took off.

“ An amazing recovery by Johnson! Oh! And there goes Malfoy for Ravenclaw's goal, he scores! 10 points for Slytherin!”

Kit saw Cyrus smile at her. She blushed and turned around. She saw the Golden Snitch. She careened past the Ravenclaw beaters and past speeding chasers. She leaned forward and held out her hand towards the snitch. Cho was on her tail. Kit made a grab and felt her fingers close around a cold metal ball. She raised her hand and presented the snitch to the cheering crowd. The cheers grew louder and Lee's voice was barely heard. “ Johnson caught the snitch! Slytherin wins the match!” She flew gently towards the ground and slowly landed. She found Cyrus waiting away from the wave of students pouring into the school. Kit sprinted over to him.

“ Great job Kit! You did excellent for the first match of the season! I am really glad you pulled it off.” He blushed and realized his arm was around her shoulder. He pulled his arm away and started to stammer. “ I… I… I was just… uh… making sure your… quiddich robes were free of… uh… dirt! Yeah, that's it! Dirt, that's all…” He flushed and looked towards the horizon. “ Uh, Kit? Will you meet me at the perch after dinner? I need to talk to you… about what you heard from Ron…” He saw her expression ease and she nodded.

“ Of course Rus…. I know that Ron was being prudent. I forgive him, I guess…” She stopped mid-sentence as she realized that they would be late for dinner. Apparently, so did Cyrus. He grabbed her hand and ran at full speed all the way to the castle.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment