Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Room of Requirements

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 5 - The Room of Requirements

Chapter 5 - The Room of Requirements






Kit lead Cyrus down several long and twisting corridors. Mrs. Norris discovered them once, but Kit threw Cyrus and herself behind a statue of Rowena Ravenclaw. They were near the Ravenclaw corridor. They traveled swiftly to the fifth floor corridor and kit brought Cyrus to a stop in front of a blank wall. Kit paced slowly in front of the wall three times back and forth and then out of nowhere, a wooden door appeared. Kit grabbed his hand and pulled him into the dark room. “ Well, let's figure out those clues then, shall we?” The room was very large and had a small, square table in a candle-lit corner of the room. A large, velvet sofa stood in front of the table, back against the wall. The red cushions looked very soft and Cyrus longed to sit down and relax. It was a couch that could hold two people with little room between them. Kit headed towards the sofa and sat down, letting the cushions cover up the tired feeling that took over her legs. Cyrus walked cautiously towards the couch and then Kit spoke. “Welcome Cyrus, to the Room of Requirements.” Cyrus gasped. He had heard of this room, but never had he seen it in person! Harry came here often with friends. He sat gingerly on the couch, as if it were like sitting on eggshells. He felt as if he was on cloud nine. The closeness to Kit made him feel a little bit nervous. Kit lifted the paper with clues in between her and Cyrus. She moved a little closer when a CRACK was heard. Dobby the house elf, was here, to fetch one of them. He bowed low when he saw Cyrus and introduced himself.

“ Hello master Riddle. Master Potter wishes to see you right away. He would prefer that you do not have any company.” Dobby glared at Kit, who in turn, moved away from Cyrus.

“ What does he need me for?” Cyrus asked suspiciously.

“ He has an urgent matter which cannot wait any longer. Please do hurry.” CRACK and Dobby was gone. Cyrus glanced at Kit and apologized.

“ I am really sorry Kit… I better be on my way though… good bye.” Then Cyrus ran out the door and left Kit alone. Kit was curious and followed silently. She transformed herself into a small, albino ferret and scurried after Cyrus.

Cyrus yelled the password at the portrait of the fat lady and she sighed and let him in, muttering something about impatience and stupidity. Kit hopped into the open portrait hole. She found herself in the cozy red Gryfindor common room. The fire burned brightly in the fireplace. Cyrus ran to Harry, who was with a worried Ron and Hermione. Kit ran under the couch and used her sensitive ears to hear the conversation. “ Cyrus! We have a problem. Hermione and Ginny saw a death eater near the forbidden forest. We tried to find them, but whoever it was only left this…” Harry handed a silver tube to Cyrus. Kit recognized what it was. She knew she must intervene. She skittered out from under the couch and clawed at Cyrus's shoes. He looked down and groaned.

“ I think we have a Slytherin kid's pet here. Well, it's not like it can talk or anything. Let's get it out of here.” Cyrus went to pick up the ferret but it scurried up the stairs to the girls' dormitory. Cyrus sprinted after it but when he got about halfway up, the stairs turned into a slide and he slid down and landed on Harry. The stairs resumed their normal position and a blonde-haired girl sprinted down and jumped over Cyrus and Harry.

“ I am not some Slytherin pet!” Kit glared at Cyrus. She frowned and took the tube from Harry's grasp. “ This is a tube… a tube of lipstick!” She pulled off the top and twisted the bottom and a stick of bright red appeared. “ Someone can analyze this and we'll know who this death eater is!” Kit panted, out of breath. Cyrus gathered his dignity and pulled Harry to his feet.

“ Who said anything about `we'? It's up to Ron Hermione, Cyrus, and I. Not some stuck-up, stupid, Slytherin, know-it-all who can't even deal with a small insult from Malfoy!” Harry yelled at Kit. Kit stared at Cyrus for help. When he looked at the ground and remained silent, Kit talked again.

“ Fine. I don't fit in with you anyway. Good night to you all!” Kit stormed out of the common room. Cyrus thought he heard a sob. Harry shook his head, then he sent everyone to bed.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment