Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Choose your Nightmare

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 17 - Choose your Nightmare

Chapter 17 - Choose your Nightmare
“ She is unconscious and isn’t breathing regularly. Check her and let her rest. She is said to have great physical and mental strain on her.”
Madame Pomfrey was confused. She couldn’t recognize the student right away.
“ Is this…?”
Professor Dumbledore nodded and set her on the bed next to Cyrus. Cyrus’s curtains were closed, but a space no bigger than his hand made it possible to see this scene.
“ This is a 7th year. Wouldn’t she know better than to stay in the freezing rain for so long?”
Dumbledore shook his head, a grim look settling upon his face.
“ I believe that she passed out from the stress and developed hypothermia. I trust you’ll take good care of Miss Johnson?”
Madame Pomfrey nodded and began tending to the girl. Cyrus ran a list of 7th year girls with the last name of Johnson. He only knew one. That was Kit!
“ Mr. Riddle, you need to lie down and rest. You most likely haven’t fully recovered from the bad piece of candy. So sorry you had to go through that. Just relax, I’ll make sure you are better in thirty minutes.”
Madame Pomfrey didn’t notice Cyrus’s blank expression. She just waltzed off into her office and began to work on a pile of papers, shutting her door behind her. Kit began to stir in the bed next to Cyrus. He turned to look at her, but she wasn’t awake. She groaned in pain and then looked as though she was only experiencing a bad dream. He felt horrible. Had she seen him and Ireane? Speaking of which, Ireane pranced into the room with a pile of notes.
“ Here you go Rus! I got notes for you! Madame Pomfrey said you would be here through next class. So… here!”
Ireane handed the notes to Cyrus and beamed a bright smile. She glanced over at Kit quickly, sighing.
“ I feel terrible for her… with the whole passing out and hypothermia… I heard it from Dumbledore… do you know her Cyrus?”
Ireane looked concerned. More concerned for her gains and losses than for Kit he was sure. Kit stirred a bit in her sleep before groaning and turning to face the other side.
“ I… I need to go to sleep… talk to me tomorrow in class okay? Bye.”
Ireane kissed Cyrus on the cheek and walked out with a new spring in her step. He was concerned, for Kit’s health and for his own decision he had to make. He needed to make it soon, or there would be trouble between Kit and Ireane; and not just a few rude words back and forth either. He found himself thinking of the good times that he had with Ireane when they were dating so long ago. It seemed that there were more happy moments between him and Ireane than with him and Kit. He sat his head back on the fluffy white pillow and soon, his eyelids began to flutter and he soon felt drowsiness overcome him. His eyes shut and he fell into a dream void within his mind.
Cyrus was running through a corridor, panting and sweating. There was a bright green light at the end of the long passageway. He kept running for this light, but the doorway at the end kept moving further and further away from him. He heard evil cackling from the doorway and a shriek of terror. Suddenly, the doorway seemed to close in on him, coming at him at a frightening speed. The light drew closer, encasing Cyrus in the blinding beams. A wand with a bone handle was pointed at his face. A pale, white, pasty face showed before his own. Red, snake-like eyes seemed to penetrate the foggy green room.
“ Make your choice now boy! Hurry and choose! Your ultimate choice decides your fate! This is your choice! This is the point of no return!”
The hissing voice pierced Cyrus’s ears, causing him pain in his head. He gripped the sides of his head and focused on the choices. There, in the clutches of Wormtail, were two people. Two important people were his choices. One was a former flame, a past best forgotten. The other was a new spark, his star-crossed lover. How could he choose? These two were so important! Kit and Ireane were unconscious, hanging from their wrists by rope over a large black cauldron. Simmering liquid bubbled and boiled beneath the unaware girls. The electric green acid would encase the choice not chosen. If Cyrus had to choose, he would have to decide quickly. The full, lean, bony body of the first speaker appeared in front of Cyrus. Lord Voldemort stood before Cyrus, holding his wand to Cyrus’s throat.
“ You’re past the point of no return!”
Cyrus had to choose now! He would lose both girls if he didn’t choose now! He would choose…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on January 29, 2007, 2:23:30 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneOMG YAY FOR CREEPY CYRUS-DREAMS

YAY FOR PHANTOM OF THE OPERA LYRICS!!! wewt!!
hahhaha dude i was bouncing up and down and singing the point of no return lyrics after reading this

X3