Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Fear the Forest

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 19 - Fear the Forest

Chapter 19 - Fear the Forest
Cyrus was concerned. How was Ireane going to react to Kit? Speaking of which, Kit got up from her seat and walked out of the Great Hall. Snape watched her go out and then turned his attention back to the Slytherin students. Cyrus carefully got up and walked swiftly form the Hall. He walked out into the main entrance and was stopped. He saw Kit walk outside and hesitated to follow. Ireane, curious of where Cyrus was going, sneaked out behind him. Cyrus didn’t see her following him quietly. She noticed Cyrus’s eyes following Kit’s silhouette out the main doors. She scowled. So he did know her. She figured as much. She went to follow Cyrus out to the door.
Cyrus looked outside warily, poking his head out of the door first, then allowing himself to go outside fully. He took in the cold air and stoic atmosphere of the surrounding area. It was too quiet, even during classes. Lunch had been dismissed and everyone had already gone to his or her next class. So why was it this quiet on campus? The grounds didn’t have a single person on it. Kit wasn’t anywhere to be seen. He quickly walked to the willow tree and pushed aside the fragile branches. No one was there. Where had she gone?
Ireane walked out behind Cyrus, planning to bombard him with questions the moment she found best. Then she would pound on the guilt to that other girl, Kit. Her hair swooshed out behind her when a gentle breeze picked up. The wind sent a cold shiver up her spine. It was almost like an impending doom warning. Why was it so cold? The weather had been nice until Kit stepped outside. Could she be sending a warning?
Kit walked outside, shutting the main doors behind her. She walked swiftly out onto the main grassy areas and near the Forbidden Forest. She walked along the edge of it and looked back at the castle. The door had been opened, then shut quickly. Was Cyrus worried about her? Suddenly, a cry came form the woods. Kit turned her head towards the shriek. This wasn’t a human. Whatever it was, it was unlike anything she had ever heard before. It was unbelievably morbid. She advanced towards the darkness that swallowed the entire forest. A gleam of red was seen. Kit thought she saw something moving nearby. She reached into her robe pocket and took out her wand. She had it at her right side, ready to blast whatever came out. Something moved, quickly. Kit raised the wand higher, ready to shout the spell. The creature wasn’t a creature at all! It had blood coming from every visible opening in the flowing black cloak. She looked away from the face, knowing that its eyes could paralyze her. She got ready as it approached her. The thing moved slowly now, as if savoring the moment. It looked at her, their eyes met. Kit froze in horror. What she saw was worse than anything else she had ever witnessed in her entire life! Pale flesh covered a bony face. Highly defined cheekbones of a once-living being. Her body was stiff with fear! It came closer, making Kit react. She pointed her wand and shouted.
“ Petrificus Totalus!”
She waited for the beam to emit from her wand. Her wand didn’t do anything. She looked at it with dread filling her entirely. This wasn’t her wand! She never picked up her wand; she grabbed Ireane’s! She dropped the now-useless wand and stared at the approaching figure. It came a foot from her and smirked. Kit ran for her life! She ran a few feet into the forest when several black-robed beings stopped her. The figure came back for her, cornering her like a mouse. It put the wand it had to her throat and muttered something. The last thing Kit saw was two, glowing red eyes.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on January 30, 2007, 9:58:47 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreanedude! that voldemort, eh? hahaha sweeet! oh noz kit!! D:

PsycoCoffeeMug on January 30, 2007, 4:53:13 AM

PsycoCoffeeMug on
PsycoCoffeeMugAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
i need 2 know whats gonna happen!!!!!

ivygreane on January 30, 2007, 9:33:38 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneomg i love your name!! hahah! thats amazing!