Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Lost...

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 20 - Lost...

Chapter 20 - Lost...
Cyrus had a cold shiver run up his spine. It was really cold all of a sudden. The grounds began to get misty, fog rolled over the once-grassy area. The sky darkened overhead and a wolf’s howl was heard in the distance. Dark black clouds covered the sun; not even a sign of approaching rain was to be had. The temperature dropped down very low and began to make the grass be covered in frost. Cyrus was appalled at the sudden atmosphere change. What was happening? All of a sudden, a scream was heard in the distance. Ireane! It was Ireane’s scream! He had heard it before. It was followed by an eerie silence. Cyrus, panting and trying his best to breathe, ran towards the scream. He was hearing someone. Someone was behind him! A thin, pale hand reached for him and set itself on his shoulder. He yelped and turned around. Dumbledore was behind him.
“ Get inside quickly Mr. Riddle! Hurry and get in the school! It isn’t safe out here anymore!”
Dumbledore guided Cyrus to the school doors where McGonagall met him. She took Cyrus’s shoulders and pulled him fully into the building. Dumbledore followed him inside and shut the doors. He set his wand on the door and said a spell mentally. Cyrus was nervous. What was making the headmaster so anxious?
“ Mr. Riddle, it isn’t safe for our Hogwarts students to be wandering the grounds anymore.”
Cyrus was getting more and more curious by the second. Then he remembered Ireane.
“ Professor! Ireane… well… she screamed… and Kit was there… then she was gone… I… couldn’t find…”
Dumbledore seemed to consider Cyrus’s statements, and then he put his hand up, signaling Rus to shut-up.
“ You said that Miss Gales and Miss Johnson were out there as well? They aren’t with you…”
Dumbledore looked solemnly at Professor McGonagall before sighing.
“ You may not ever see those girls again Mr. Riddle. These were death eaters that were sighted, I’m afraid. You’ll have to accept that now. I’m sorry.”
Cyrus couldn’t believe what Dumbledore was telling him! How could Kit and Ireane be gone? He was devastated. He loved… wait! Kit and Ireane were gone, due to death eaters? This was just like his dream! He pushed past the professors and ran outside.
“ Mr. Riddle! Come back here! You’ll die out there!”
Dumbledore shouted after the form of Cyrus. He disappeared into the fog blanket.
“ The poor boy won’t stand a chance against the forces of Lord Voldemort and his forces… we can only hope that all three will come back safely. We can only hope for a miracle like that to come upon us.”
Cyrus sprinted to where he thought he had heard Ireane scream. He found a crimson thread on the ground. It was from a Gryfindor robe! He sprinted towards the direction opposite the school. He ran and ran until he couldn’t breathe. He had run to an abandoned part in the Forbidden Forest. He caught his breath and found another path. This path was dark, leading away from any trace of civilization. Cyrus turned back towards the school. He couldn’t even see the lights at Hogwarts. It was night and Cyrus still couldn’t reach the end of the trail. It seemed that no matter how far he ran, the end would only get further away from him. He finally saw something, something to hope for. A pale green light was shining between the trees, causing an eerie glow to emanate through the dense foliage. Cyrus fiddled with something he had shoved into his inner robe pocket. He had found a wand near the edge of the woods, sitting, as if ready to be used again. He thought it to be Kit or Ireane’s wand. He pulled his hand out of his pocket and sprinted towards the clearing. He was panting and coughing by the time the light was somewhat nearer to him. It seemed to be moving farther away now. It was as though it sensed his presence. Cyrus was looking around unaware and suddenly, the light became brighter. It became an electric lime colored beam, penetrating the darkness surrounding him. Then, what he feared was finally happening. A dream relapse. This was exactly as his dream had been. This is what he had been dreading with his whole heart. This meant that he was with them. He had taken them. Voldemort was here. Voldemort was coming… for him.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on February 1, 2007, 10:04:33 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22Okies! For my RABID-READERS! *cough cough* IVY and COFFEE! *cough cough*

ivygreane on February 1, 2007, 8:06:42 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneomg *weeps* its rus' daddy! he's gonna beat em up! oh noz!! *cries* dude that ending p'wnd like seriously. was that electric -lime beam ireane kickin the bucket? lolz id laugh
Dumbledore makes me giggle. hehehe! yeah mooooreeeeee!!!!

OMG youy almost said a rita skeeter, if you said rabid-readers hahah that would rulez

Ferret_Avatar22 on January 31, 2007, 9:17:01 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22This is possibly the most suspenseful chapter so far! What WILL happen next? Find out next time, on RIA TV! haha! jk! i may have more posted tomorrow! Just for my rabid fans! Jk there too! No one besides you two like it... *pouts*