Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Angel of Music

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 26 - Angel of Music

Chapter 26 - Angel of Music
Kit woke up, panting. Had that been a repeat of the dream she had a while back? No! It couldn’t have been! She was in a room. The room was red. She realized that she was in the room of requirements! She saw Cyrus dozing next to her. She felt her forehead. There was a bump from where she had hit the ground when she tripped. Cyrus jerked awake and saw Kit.
“ How are you feeling? Are you alright?”
Kit was confused. She had heard him shout the curse. She had seen the green light. She had heard Cyrus’s voice echo through her mind. Why wasn’t she dead? Cyrus must’ve figured that she was thinking about this because he smiled.
“ I would never direct any of that towards you Kit! I did that to the snake. My father had possessed the snake with a charm and controlled it, using his voice through the snake’s mind.”
Cyrus fumbled around on the floor with his hands for a moment. He pulled up a long, black creature. It was that snake!
“ I killed it! I would never do that to you!”
Cyrus hugged Kit with love. Kit sighed. She was scared. If Voldemort was getting strong enough to possess snakes, then it wouldn’t be long before he could possess Cyrus! She looked at Cyrus. His mouth was smiling, but his eyes weren’t. If she concentrated on his eyes, he looked ten full years older than he actually was. He looked like he was frightened. He was probably just as scared as she was, if not more! She held him in her arms for a minute before pushing him back gently.
“ You can cry too Rus. We all have to eventually. You are scared, aren’t you? You are more scared than I am. You can tell me, trust me.”
Cyrus seemed stunned! How could Kit tell all this about him when he was smiling? He wasn’t smiling anymore. His body shook, chills running up his spine. He didn’t know what to think! Slowly, a tear ran down his cheek. How could Kit’s words effect him like this? These were common words, but they changed the situation drastically. He hugged her, crying on her shoulder. She smiled and ran her fingers through his hair until he finally cried himself to sleep. When he fell asleep a few minutes later, Kit stood up. She heard something. It was a voice. There was a woman’s voice.
“ Kit, my love! Come here! You must remember me? It’s me! It’s your mother! Oh darling! You have grown so much. I am proud of you… your father is too! Come to me my baby! Come to mother!”Kit didn’t know how to react to this. She rubbed her eyes, once, twice! There was her mother, standing in a long gown in front of her very eyes! The dress was the one that had always made Kit most happy to see. It was the yellow dress with the embroidered dove on the front. Her mother was wearing a hat with flowers on the left side of it. Her mother’s short blonde hair went slightly below her ears. Her eyes were green and shining. Kit walked slightly towards her mom. Her mother giggled. She was also wearing Kit’s favorite pair of sandals. They were yellow with a daisy in between the big toe and the pointer toe. Kit noticed the short dress was her favorite memory of her mom. A tear came to her eye.
“ Mum? Is that you? Are you really here?”
The mother laughed a silvery laugh almost identical to Kit’s.
“ Your father would love to see you darling! Why don’t we see him now?”Kit watched the woman walk out of the Room of Requirements and into the darkened corridor. Kit glanced back at the sleeping form of Cyrus. She looked back at her mom also before leaving a note beside Cyrus. She kissed his forehead and followed her mom out of the door, the door shutting behind her mysteriously.
Cyrus jerked awake, as the heavy wooden door slammed shut. He looked around, expecting to find Kit ready for another round of two nights ago. She wasn’t anywhere in sight! He shook his head. Maybe he had just dreamed up falling asleep. Had he? He noticed his eyes were red and swollen when he checked in a goblet of water. He then noticed the note lying on the bed. He picked it up, reading it. It was a letter from Kit’s mother! Kit’s tearstains were on it though. The writing was messy, but still legible in cursive. He threw the note down, running to the door and sprinting into the darkness.
Kit watched her mom moving gracefully. It wasn’t her mom anymore. It was a ball of light. The ball danced and swirled through the corridors. Kit had to know what it was! She followed it, becoming entranced by the silver green light. She was hypnotized. Her thoughts were hers, but she couldn’t control her body. She saw with her eyes, trying to pry her gaze from the sphere. No luck! What was this? She was being controlled.
“ Come to me, Angel of Music. My darling Pandora. Follow me, my child of song.”
These were her mother’s names for her when she was young. Her mother’s terms of endearment. Her mother was calling for her. She didn’t want to follow, but she had to. Something was making her follow the light! What on earth could contain this kind of power? What kind of distortion was this? She reached her hand out for it, but the light moved further away. She heard Cyrus shouting. She couldn’t see him though. The light moved up the stairs to the top outside of the castle. That was the highest tower in Hogwarts! Kit advanced up the winding stairs, hearing Cyrus shout again. She walked slowly up the stone stairs and onto the roof of the tower. The wind whipped her clothes around. She was wearing a long black skirt to her ankles. It was lightweight for sleeping in. Her shirt was a tight, black tank top. It revealed from her ribs down to the waistline of her skirt. Kit’s hair was down and flowing in the wind on the top of the tower. The night moon was almost completely full, the stars shining down from the night sky. Kit walked towards the edge of the tower. She stepped up onto the first ledge nearest to her. There were three full ledges before Kit would be taken to the end, one more step to her death. Kit couldn’t stop now though! The light moved further.
“ Mother! Mum! Wait for me, please! I miss you…”
The woman appeared in place of the spherical light. She smiled warmly. She signaled for Kit to follow. Kit did as her mother instructed. She stepped to the third and final ledge, approaching the edge dangerously quickly.
Cyrus panted, sprinting up the stairs, hoping to the top quick. He had seen a light and he had seen Kit following it. Something wasn’t right! Why would a light be entrancing Kit? Was it hypnosis? Or was it… another force? Possibly, it could be Cyrus’s father? He didn’t care anymore. He wanted to find Kit fast! He finally got to the top of the stairs and onto the top of the tower. He saw Kit on the last ledge!
“ Kit! No! Stop, Kit, no!”
Kit seemed to stop her advance towards the edge. She was going to fall! Her toes were already over the edge! Her clothes were waving around her madly in the wind.
“ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!”
Kit screamed, starting to fall. Cyrus ran full speed towards her, grabbing her waist and pulling her into his arms, knocking them both to the ground. The ball turned into a fiery red color before disappearing into the night. Kit sobbed into Cyrus’s shoulder. She was shaking badly, as if uncontrollably. Cyrus was getting concerned. She seemed to know what she did, but not know why she did it. She was crying and gripping Cyrus’s shoulders hard.
“ Oh Cyrus! I was so scared! Oh my god…”
Kit sniffled, holding back more tears. She let Cyrus hold her while standing up. His blonde hair was getting blown around wildly by the frigid wind. His clothes were thin, making him shiver in the cold.
“ Kit… you saw what you were doing. Why didn’t you stop?”
Kit paused and thought about it. She seemed to be more frightened by thinking about it.
“ I… I saw my mother…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on February 9, 2007, 6:28:57 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreanethats amazing. :D

heheh THE best line ever:
He looked around, expecting to find Kit ready for another round of two nights ago.

hahah!! thats hilarious! cyrus is such a perv ><