Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - Fever

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 30 - Fever

Chapter 30 - Fever
Later that day, Kit saw Cyrus with Harry outside. They were dressed like it was summer. Cyrus wore a black tank top and Harry wore a short-sleeved shirt. Kit shook her head in disbelief. The way Cyrus was acting, you’d never suspect what had happened between them on the previous night. He noticed her in her trance-like state. He called to her and waved. She ditched the Slytherins and ran to him. Malfoy glared at Cyrus. How dare he ask Kit to go to Hogsmeade with him! He would figure that out later though. His friends, Crabbe and Goyle, were coming to him with news about Hogsmeade. He abandoned the thoughts of Kit and left her to her business. Kit saw Cyrus walk up to meet her. He hugged her and kissed her cheek. She blushed and he took her hand. He held her hand while walking towards the village. McGonagall watched the two of them walk away with a half-grin on her face. She was fairly glad to watch a Gryfindor and Slytherin relationship. She walked back towards the school again.
Kit let Cyrus drag her towards the main part of the village. He brought her to the candy shop, buying her some hard candies. He also bought her some Berty Botts Every Flavor Beans. She laughed as he pulled her into his arms when they were outside. He nuzzled her affectionately. She blushed and pulled away. Too many people were staring at them. Cyrus caught the hint and pulled her into the Three Broomsticks tavern. He sat down and ordered two butterbeers. They didn’t arrive right away, so Cyrus pulled Kit to his side of the table. Hermione and Ron walked in just then. Cyrus waved them over to the table. Ron grimaced as he noticed Kit, but he sat down diagonal from her, next to Hermione.
“ Hello Cyrus, Kit.”
Kit nodded and smiled. Cyrus took her waist and pulled her close, nodding at Hermione also.
“ Would you like a butterbeer guys?”
Hermione nodded and elbowed Ron in the ribs. He yelped, then nodded. Cyrus signaled for two more drinks, then he smiled. Hermione shook her head quickly.
“ We should actually be leaving… here.”
Hermione handed Cyrus some money for the drinks, then she dragged Ron out of the tavern. Cyrus was really confused. Had she left to give Kit and him some alone time? She obviously didn’t know about the night before if that was the case. He pulled Kit close to him by the waist and kissed her neck lovingly. The waitress came over and waited for a moment. Cyrus let go of Kit and paid the waitress for the drinks. She set down all four drinks and left the two of them alone. He picked up his drink. Kit followed suit. They clinked their mugs together before drinking up. Kit was feeling warmer than usual after the second drink. This wasn’t from any alcohol though. She felt slightly dizzy. Cyrus noticed this and pulled her into his lap. She nodded off for about a half-hour. She finally woke up, noticing that the day was almost through. Cyrus smiled and stroked her hair from her face. She had a slight fever. She needed to go to bed. He lifted Kit up and picked her up into his arms. He was strong! That and the part where Kit was unhealthily light. He took her form the table and set her down on her feet. She wavered a bit, then leaned on Cyrus for support. McGonagall came in and nodded at the couple.
“ It’s time to head back to Hogwarts now you two.”
Cyrus nodded and helped Kit out of the now-open door. She tottered a bit on her feet before reaching the dungeons. She smiled, her face flushed. Her cheeks were very red. Cyrus’s cheeks were a little red too, but that was from drinking four butterbeers. He nodded again and left for the Gryfindor tower. Kit made her way down the stairs. Malfoy caught her halfway down the long flight of stairs.
“ You alright Johnson? You don’t look so good… well… you are still gorgeous… and…!”
Kit fainted into Malfoy’s arms. He grinned at the sudden stroke of luck. He brought her down to the common room, carefully laying her on the couch. She was tossing and turning a lot. Malfoy decided to stay up and keep an eye on her for the night.
The next morning, Kit still felt pretty sick. She walked to the Great Hall. Cyrus met her at the door. His head hurt a little bit.
“ Mornin’… you alright? You look queasy… is it morning sickness?”
Oh how she sometimes hated how Cyrus made a good point. She didn’t smile and react at first. She considered the fact that it could be what Cyrus had suggested. She decided to say no though.
“ No… I wasn’t feeling very well… but it couldn’t be morning sickness… could it?”
Cyrus shrugged hugging her. He was nervous now. He thought maybe that he had pushed the line too far now. Kit felt really dizzy now. She fell into Cyrus’s arms. He caught her and held her until Dumbledore came upon them. He smiled at the couple. Cyrus was nervous at this next expression to cross the professor’s face. It was an expression of concern. Cyrus decided to speak up now.
“ Professor! I think… that Kit… may have… well… she’s queasy… and I think she may have…”
Dumbledore nodded. Cyrus hadn’t finished his sentence at all. Dumbledore placed his wand on Kit’s palm. The wand lit up quickly, then faded. Dumbledore smiled at Cyrus, who looked confused.
“ You have nothing to worry about Mr. Riddle. She is fine. She has a fever. She may have caught a bug in Hogsmeade. Take good care of Miss Johnson.”
Cyrus looked stunned. How did Dumbledore always manage to find out his thoughts? It was freaking him out! He carried Kit in his arms up to the Room of Requirements. He paced back and forth and entered the new door. He looked around the comfortable room. It had a medicine cabinet in it. It was almost the same room as the other times he was in it. He was very good at figuring out medicines to be used. He took a wizarding thermometer out and set it under Kit’s tongue. He made sure she was comfortable on the bed. He had set her there when they first entered the room. The thermometer beeped and Cyrus took it out and looked at it. It was definitely a fever. It read 103 Fahrenheit on the small glass screen. He walked over to a sink that had several wash clothes on it. He ran a deep blue one under the cold water faucet and wrung it out. He folded up the damp cloth and placed it on her burning forehead. She winced, closing her eyes and grabbing Cyrus’s hand. He sat down next to her on the bed and held her hands in his. She slowly fell asleep like that. He stroked the blonde hair behind her ears to keep it out of her eyes. She muttered something in her sleep, something about a father. He shrugged off the odd words and kept tending to her throughout the day. He skipped Potions before Kit woke up. She still had a slight fever, so Cyrus laid himself down next to her. He remembered a way to cool her fever quickly. He stripped himself of his clothes and then stripped hers. He lay down next to her and just held her close to him. He was going to soak up her body heat, cooling her down and removing her fever. He fell asleep next to her, feeling a little bit warmer next to her.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PsycoCoffeeMug on February 24, 2007, 8:19:22 AM

PsycoCoffeeMug on
PsycoCoffeeMugawwww!! tis very good i wish i could rite lak dat!!

ivygreane on February 22, 2007, 12:04:13 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreanelmao! cyrus dont no nuthin' 'bout makin' no babies xDD hahah sry jkjk!

aawwwww see now cyrus cares for his peeps! <3 i luff 'im in your story!!! so cute *steals rus and runs away* mwhahha