Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 31 - Forgotten

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 31 - Forgotten

Chapter 31 - Forgotten
Cyrus woke up the next morning with a cool bed. Kit was next to him, sleeping soundly. He got up and dressed himself again. He grabbed the thermometer, cleaned it off, and stuck it gently under Kit’s tongue. It read 98 Fahrenheit, nothing unusual. He smiled and gently shook Kit awake. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Cyrus.
“ Cyrus? Wha… where am I? What happened?”
Cyrus held Kit on the bed. She was too weak. She seemed so fragile. Cyrus decided that it was best to let her rest. She watched him walk towards the door.
“ You’re leaving? What’d I do? Did I say something?”
Kit was being worried about him. How could he leave her? He felt as though he had to though. He wanted to stay, but somehow, he could stop himself from walking out. Kit had tears in her eyes. Why wouldn’t Cyrus tell her what she did? The door shut behind Cyrus as Kit stood up, getting dressed. She wouldn’t let him just walk out like that! She sprinted out of the door, still pulling on her outer robes. She saw Cyrus going up the stairs with Harry, laughing and totally ignoring her calls for him. She didn’t know why he was doing this! She ignored it for the time and headed down for potions.
At potions, Snape told everyone to partner up and make the potion in the board. Kit looked around for Cyrus, seeing him looking towards the other Gryfindors. She stood up and walked towards Cyrus, waving and smiling.
“ Hey Rus! You wanna be my…!”
Harry pushed Kit out of the way and stood next to Cyrus. He beamed and smirked at Kit. She was astounded!
“ Cyrus! Why won’t you… what are you…?”
Cyrus raised an eyebrow, looking at her precariously.
“ What are you talking about? Do I know you?”
Kit was speechless! How could Cyrus joke like this? Cyrus laughed and slapped Harry’s hand. They walked away from her, leaving Kit to be partnerless. She began to get the potion supplies ready. She grabbed the wrong ingredient, grabbing phosphorous particles instead of wormwood pieces. She prepared her potion. It turned to an acidic green color. Harry looked over and laughed. His was the forest green color that the potions were meant to be. Kit then heard a small whistling sound from her cauldron. She looked in as it began to bubble furiously. She didn’t know how to stop it. She covered her face with her arms just as the liquid exploded! It splashed her entire body, burning through her robes and revealing the clothes beneath them. The potion sizzled on Kit’s arms, burning them severely. Snape rushed over and waved his wand over the potion, evaporating it completely. He noticed Kit’s pain and sent her impatiently to the hospital wing. She left without a word. Cyrus watched this happen and laughed. Harry noticed this dramatic change just at that moment. He looked puzzledly at Cyrus before giving a fake laugh with him. Harry watched Cyrus with curiosity while getting his potion in a vial and handing it to Snape. He wondered why Cyrus was suddenly so rude to Kit. He decided that he shouldn’t care. She was a Slytherin after all.
Kit walked towards the hospital wing, holding her arm tightly. It burned like nothing she had ever felt before! It was like millions of knives stabbing into her body where the burning liquid had made contact. She grabbed her arm, wincing at the pain. Out of nowhere, a gloved hand slapped over her mouth. She panicked! What was happening?! A pale face came before her. It smirked evilly.
“ Well Kathryn, it’s nice of you to join me. I was wondering if you’d notice my footsteps, but apparently, you aren’t very bright.”
Lucious Malfoy held his hand over Kit’s mouth and nose, cutting off her air supply. She struggled to get loose, but felt herself losing consciousness. Her vision slowly turned to black. Lucious laughed maliciously and felt the girl faint in his arms. He picked her up and carried her off towards the Forbidden Forest. There, a pair of red eyes was waiting. The eyes seemed to glow as Kit’s unconscious form came to it. The darkness gave way to an evil grin. Voldemort was waiting. He was waiting for Kit.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PsycoCoffeeMug on February 27, 2007, 4:15:59 AM

PsycoCoffeeMug on
PsycoCoffeeMugNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivygreane on February 25, 2007, 2:32:10 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneomfg ahhhhhhhhhh its all voldie's faulttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies*