Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 33 - The End

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 33 - The End

Chapter 33 - The End
Cyrus was speechless. Kit was a servant of Voldemort?! He didn’t have time to think it over though because Kit walked into the ring of silver light that now surrounded her and Cyrus. It was a dueling ring. Unbreakable and completely indestructible until a duel was won or both participants died. He knew that he couldn’t fight Kit though! She didn’t seem too aware of him though. She only had eyes for Voldemort. Her eyes weren’t the normal shade of electric blue though. They were almost clouded over, turning them into a cauliflower blue. She grinned and pointed her wand at the dueling ring. She said something silently and then a silver bubble covered the ring. Cyrus gasped. How did she know such a powerful spell? She would be worth avoiding confrontation with. She looked at Cyrus and shouted a spell.
“ Expelliarmus!”
Cyrus dove to the ground, not wanting to fire a spell at her. She suddenly seemed to come to her senses.
“ Cyrus! What… what are you doing? Why are you glaring like that? Why are you pointing your wand at me?”
Cyrus shouted his spell, blasting Kit into the bubble, knocking her to the ground. She winced and stood up fast, rubbing her arm. Cyrus glared and sneered.
“ Why did you try to fight me Kit? I thought you were on our side!”
Kit laughed at Cyrus’s attempt to find her “inner soul” and to save her from Voldemort. She looked at the now-transparent bubble. Voldemort laughed and looked inside to Cyrus.
“ You really haven’t figured it out yet! I thought my own son would be the first to know!”
Voldemort laughed evilly again before continuing to grab Cyrus’s interest.
“ I have had her in a trance! She is hypnotized! I have had her under this trance for nearly a full day! How couldn’t you, of all people, know that?!”
Cyrus pieced all of the pieces of the puzzle together. He ignored Kit unwillingly, she became too flirty, and she must’ve gotten into Voldemort’s grasp! He smacked himself in the forehead, realizing that he should’ve paid more attention to her! She was getting up with a fire in her eyes. He had seen that passion, but not during a duel! He had only seen it the two times they had slept together! She wasn’t like she normally was. She wasn’t his girl anymore.
“ Cyrus! Why are you doing this? I thought you loved me!”
Cyrus looked at the ground with a tear in his eye.
“ You aren’t Kit. You aren’t my girl anymore. I don’t even know who you are.”
The hypnotized Kit was astounded! How could he be so reluctant? Wasn’t she good-looking enough to get him to surrender? Apparently not, judging by the way Cyrus pointed his wand at her. She dove and dodged the blast. She blasted him back, sending him flying far from her. She suddenly seemed to have the cauliflower blue color drain from her eyes. They returned to their electric blue color. Cyrus didn’t notice however. He blasted at Kit, hitting her square in the chest, knocking her back onto the hard ground. She was stunned at his sudden attack. Why was he doing this? All she remembered was being attacked by Voldemort. That wasn’t even more than 20 minutes previous, was it?
“ Rus! What are you doing to me? EEEEEK!”
Kit dodged another blow, falling to her knees. Voldemort could be heard cursing from outside of the large bubble. Cyrus seemed to come to his senses.
“ Kit! Is that really you?”
Kit smiled and hugged Cyrus as soon as he reached her. He lifted her up and kissed her on the cheek.
“ If that is really you, answer me one question. How many times did we sleep together?”
Kit blushed and laughed.
“ Only two I’m afraid. I was wondering if you’d ask me something so personal. Just please don’t ask me to describe it. It’s not my forte.”
Cyrus laughed and kissed her on the lips. The bubble was slowly fading though. Kit noticed it first.
“ Rus! The bubble! It’s disappearing! AAAAHHH!”
Voldemort tugged Kit from Cyrus’s arms, shoving his wand to her temple.
“ Make up your mind boy! She will die!”
Kit was helpless. Cyrus saw the defiant expression on her face, but her eyes were different. Her eyes showed fear and pain. He couldn’t stand to see her like this! He put up his hands.
“ Fine! Take me! Just let her go! Please! I love her! Leave her alone!”
Cyrus watched a wicked grin spread across Voldemort’s pale face. He threw Kit at Cyrus, letting her fall to the ground. He pointed his wand at Kit, smirking.
“ Crucimente!”
This was a poisoning curse! Cyrus shouted as many swear words as he knew at the smog where Voldemort had been standing with his Death Eaters only moments before. Kit was groaning, holding her stomach and twitching. He held Kit in his arms. They both knew the truth. There was no cure for this curse. No antidotes, no potions, no counter-spells, no nothing. Kit couldn’t be cured. The curse would eat away at her insides, killing her slowly, giving her unbearable pain until the poison reached her heart. Then, it would give her ten seconds to live before she died. She coughed and clutched at the air. She had ten minutes of this. Cyrus realized he only had ten more minutes left to show Kit how much he loved her. He took out a dagger from his robe pocket and set it on the ground away from him. He took off Kit’s robes and then he took off his robes. He lay down on the ground next to her and held her close to him.
“ C… Cyrus? Is that you? It hurts Rus… ugh!”
“ I know, my love, I know. I love you Kathryn. I’ve loved you since we met. Here, this is what I wanted to give you next week. I wanted you to marry me. Will you be still be my girl when you are gone?”
Cyrus slipped a diamond ring on Kit’s ring finger of her right hand. The diamond shimmered brightly under the light of the crescent moon. The whole day had passed during the fight. Kit smiled and kissed Cyrus.
“ I’ll always be your girl, Rus, always…”
Kit’s eyes fluttered, slowly losing their light. Cyrus began to cry. Kit had a trickle of blood coming from her mouth, slowly dripping down her chin, onto her shirt. Cyrus kissed her one last time.
“ I love you Kit… I love you…”
Cyrus whispered these last words into her ear as her eyes closed and her chest ceased to rise. Cyrus lay his head on her chest and listened to the last heartbeat.

Thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump… thu-thump…. thu-thump……….. thu-thump……………….

The beating stopped. Cyrus began to cry, tears pouring down his wind-burned cheeks. He heard a howl in the distance. The world was mourning. It was mourning for Kit. He lay down next to her body. It was growing colder by the second. Cyrus sat up suddenly, tears still pouring down his cheeks. He grabbed the dagger to his left and looked at the silver blade. He made up his mind. He was done. He loved Kit and he couldn’t let her leave without him! He drove the dagger into his heart with the force of one thousand dragons. He saw the blood pouring from his own body; his life was draining from him. He lay down next to Kit, feeling his soul slowly slipping into the darkness. He saw his life flash before his eyes, his childhood and his time with Kit. The nights that they spent together made him smile. Would she wait for him up there? He could see her shining soul ascending towards the sky. She turned and saw him and smiled. His soul left his body, soaring up to Kit. Their souls took off towards the sky together. Kathryn was still his girl. They could live together forever.
The next morning, the dew shone on the grounds brilliantly, lighting up the entire area. Dumbledore and McGonagall were walking outside when Dumbledore spotted the bodies of Kit and Cyrus. He walked over and saw everything. He could see what had happened. McGonagall gasped and held back a sob. Cyrus was her student and her house member.
“ Professor! What will we do? The students will worry about what has happened? What should we say?”
Dumbledore looked up at the sky and smiled. The sun shone down it’s golden light onto the ground. Dumbledore pointed his wand at the ground and made two graves. He lifted each body and set them in the grave. He buried them with fresh dirt. A single rose bloomed on each small mound. A tear rolled down his cheek, his sadness getting the better of him before he responded to McGonagall’s previous question.
“ All that matters now is that they are happy. They are in a better place now. They are in a better place.”

The End

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PsycoCoffeeMug on March 6, 2007, 6:01:44 AM

PsycoCoffeeMug on
PsycoCoffeeMug*WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*
im sobbin my i's out!!

ivygreane on March 5, 2007, 10:49:58 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreanemerrreh!! :c *sads* for some reason i enjoy sad endings >< reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly good! i suppose i owe you like a million piccys now....

erg my story ends with death too.... :c

Ferret_Avatar22 on March 5, 2007, 8:42:27 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22This is the final chapter in my story... I didn't really plan on Rus's fate... but it sorta just happened... then i cried becase my story was over... *cries* I am writing a whole section starting form the end of the duel for a happy ending for them... you may cry at this one y'all... *cries*