Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 38 - Lost love...

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 38 - Lost love...

Chapter 38 - Lost love...
When Kit woke up, she smelled the bitter scent of medicine. She sat up slowly, her head pounding in a steady rhythm of pain. She saw Lupin and Tonks. They were standing near another bed. Mr. Weasley was holding his wife, who was crying hard. Ron and Harry were standing nearby with Hermione and Ginny. Fred and George stood solemnly nearby as well. Kit stood up and walked over to the bed. Bill Weasley was lying in the bed, his face cut up and torn apart. Kit gasped and put her hand over her mouth. Harry came over to her.
“ Kit… where’s Rus? I didn’t see him come in for you…”
Kit had a flash of pain as she remembered Bellatrix taking Cyrus away. The pale woman had told Cyrus that she could be brought back to life. Kit shuddered and felt a tear in her eye. A hand rested on her shoulder. It was Ron’s hand. He hugged Kit for a moment.
“ Did Rus… get killed?”
Kit absorbed the question before shaking her head slowly.
“ It was worse Ron, Harry… Bellatrix… she told him that Ireane could be brought back to life. He followed her and they went back to Voldemort. I let him go! She stabbed me and left!”
Kit slumped, Harry catching her in his outstretched arms. He could see that she wasn’t all that bad.
“ It’s alright Kit… we’ll get him back…”
Kit sniffled, tears streaming down her cheeks.
“ How? How can we save him from his father? How can we save him from his own feelings?”
Hermione shook her head and laid a hand on Kit’s shoulder.
“ Don’t you worry Kit. We’ll find a way to help him. We won’t stop until we do!”
Kit shook her head. She just couldn’t accept reality. It was her fault that Bellatrix had gotten away with Cyrus. She wiped the tears with her arm. Her robes were lying on the bed. She was in jeans and a black tank top. It showed her stomach, which was covered with dry blood.
“ I’m leaving… I’ll be back for Dumbledore’s funeral. I promise.”
With that statement, Kit walked out of the Hospital Wing with her wand in hand. She walked out of the school gates towards Hogsmeade. Kit apparated as soon as she reached Hogsmeade. She knew where Cyrus had been taken. Voldemort was all too predictable. She felt the fluttering sensation of being teleported to her destination. She landed there with a slamming feeling. Her feet hit the ground, but she couldn’t hold her own ground. She heard voices as she fell to the ground. There was a haunting feminine voice accompanied by a deep, hissing man’s voice. She immediately recognized the second voice. It was Voldemort’s voice. The other voice must be Bellatrix. The female voice was talking of Cyrus.
“ My Lord, I’ve convinced him. He is wearing a collar made to keep him in the premises. He is guarding the surrounding area.”
Voldemort’s voice followed the woman’s voice after a moment of considerable silence.
“ Yes, my son has finally joined us. His little girlfriend, she is powerful, yes? I have felt her strength when I faced her once. We just need to get her to our side and we’re ready to fight. We’re ready to kill then. Receive her from Hogwarts, then tell me how it turned out.”
Kit was amazed. Voldemort wanted her to join him because she was strong! Kit was about to walk away, but as she turned around, she bumped into something. Or rather, he bumped into someone. She gasped, but a warm hand quickly covered her mouth. She heard a whisper in her ear.
“ What are you doing here? Come quickly!”
She followed the mysterious figure through the underbrush and into a dark cave. She heard the spell for light and a wand appeared in the darkness. She felt tears in her eyes. It was Cyrus! Cyrus hugged Kit before looking her straight in the eye.
“ What are you doing here? You’ll be killed!”
“ No Rus, I won’t! They want to have me be a deatheater! Voldemort says I am strong! They are looking for me near Hogwarts! I’m actually safer here.”
Cyrus sighed and placed a hand on his forehead. Kit noticed a dark choker necklace on Cyrus’s neck. She touched it and it was cool to the touch.
“ Bellatrix stuck it on me. It isn’t a tracking device, it’s an electric collar. If I try to leave, it shocks me. They have Ireane’s body. They are bringing her to life tonight! Then, they are sending her safely back to Hogwarts! They will let me be until they need me… hey!”
Kit turned away from Cyrus, looking into the night. He was battling after all. She felt her heart break.
“ You need to make up your mind Cyrus. It’s her or me. Make your choice.”
Cyrus realized that Kit was angry with him. He pulled her into his arms, surprising her. She was completely unprepared for this sudden move! He kissed her neck, rubbing his hands on her arms. She couldn’t believe him! She pushed him away from her. He looked saddened by this movement. Kit walked away from him, leaving the cave and Cyrus in the dark. Kit looked forward, feeling bad for ditching Cyrus. She couldn’t understand him. One minute, he was swooning over her, the next, he was smothered by thoughts of Ireane. He sickened her! How could he love Ireane? They were engaged! She couldn’t stand the thought of her being his girl. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud crashing sound coming from where Voldemort was. Kit looked up at a bright neon blue light coming from a clearing in the dark woods. Cyrus saw it too. Then, a blasting sound, like apparation, came from that clearing. Kit quickly imagined the gates of Hogwarts and apparated, followed by Cyrus.
Kit ran towards the figure outside of the school gate and tackled them against a stone pillar near the gates.
“ Oh my goodness! Let me go you fiend!”
Kit lit her wand and pointed it in the person’s face. It was a girl. The girl had flowing red hair and was very pretty. It was Ireane. Kit felt dizzy and swayed a bit on her feet.
“ Are you alright there… Kit?”
Ireane recognized her. She also recognized Cyrus. Apparently, he had followed Kit back when they both apparated. His collar was no longer on his neck. He had used a rock during the light blast to cut off the collar. He staggered over to Kit and Ireane.
“ Kit… I’m… sorry…”
He turned slowly towards Ireane, turning red from exhaustion. Cyrus attempted to smile before leaning on Ireane’s shoulder. Ireane blushed and stroked Cyrus’s blonde locks of hair. She began to ponder the idea of Kit and Cyrus possibly already being together. She shook her head at Kit and began to walk Cyrus back into the castle.
“ If you really love him Kathryn, you’d have known to save him. I’m ashamed in you.”
Ireane walked off, leaving Kit alone. It began to sprinkle rain. The light drops tapped like a child’s fingers on a window. It stroked Kit’s hair, pulling it loosely and straightening the long strands. She looked down at the muddy ground and walked towards the willow tree. She pushed the curtain of branches aside and sat beneath the overhead leaves. She felt a hot tear run down her chilled cheek. Ireane was back. Now, Cyrus would declare his love for Ireane. She could almost hear his voice.
“ I love you, Kit, I love you!”Kit sniffled, her vision blurred by the steady stream of tears. Blonde hair was visible in the kaleidoscope of her view. Strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her close to a warm body. She looked up at the person. It was Cyrus that held her so closely. He tilted her chin towards his face and smiled.
“ You’ll catch cold staying out here in the rain. Why are you crying? Is it about Ireane?”
Kit looked at the ground, blushing. She should’ve known that Cyrus would stay with her all the time. She felt guilty for doubting him.
“ Oh Cyrus! I’m so sorry! I love you… with all of my heart! I’m sorry…”
Cyrus felt his face grow hot as he kept her chin tilted upwards. He pressed his lips against hers, feeling his own lips make contact with her chilled lips. He wrapped his arms further around Kit and kissed her passionately. Thunder boomed in the sky, causing a flash of lightning as well. He knew that Kit would go further, but he stopped kissing her. She stood up slowly and put out her hand. Cyrus took the offered hand and had Kit pull him up. She smiled and he held her hand. Cyrus began to walk towards the castle with Kit. Ireane was waiting halfway across the land for them. She nodded at Cyrus and headed inside to the Great Hall. Kit looked confusedly after her. Cyrus frowned and looked away, dropping Kit’s hand. His own hand fell to his side. Kit wondered what happened between him and Ireane to make him so depressed. Cyrus knew something that Kit didn’t know. He felt the guilt take him and choke him. Kit sighed and began to walk away from him. He was hiding something from his fiancé. She sighed again and walked around the drooping form of Cyrus and into the castle.
The halls were clean and dark; the only source of light was her wand and the occasional candle on the side of the wall. Kit shivered, chills traveling up her spine. She felt as though someone was following her. She walked down the darkest corridor to access the Slytherin dungeons. The shadows consumed the light from her wand, making the lumos spell useless. She sighed as she remembered Dumbledore’s spell to prevent deatheaters. The Peruvian powder was still blacking up some corridors, but not this one much anymore. She was about to turn around the corner when a person jumped from behind a statue and covered her mouth, pressing a rough cloth over her mouth. It was too dark to see the stranger, but Kit was in panic. The person was trying to suffocate her! She felt her vision start to darken and then everything was black.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on April 22, 2007, 2:09:04 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneoh endless drawing possibilities with Collar!Rus Bwahahahaha lol *dies* rus is volde's puppah.