Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 39 - What now?

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 39 - What now?

Chapter 39 - What now?
When she awoke, Kit was in the Gryfindor common room. Ireane sat beside her on the couch. Kit felt groggy, as though her breath had been covered in dust. She looked at Ireane for a moment before taking in all of this new information.
“ W… what happened? Did I pass out? Oh!”
She suddenly remembered getting ambushed by Ireane in the corridor. Ireane smiled and helped Kit to her feet.
“ I’m sorry. You probably wouldn’t have come if I had simply asked you to. Cyrus wants to see you here in five minutes ‘kay?”
Ireane blushed and smiled. She seemed to be a totally different person now. She sighed and smiled brightly.
“ I’ll go to my room now! Don’t get too rowdy ‘kay?”
She giggled and left up the stairs to her dormitory. Kit was alone in the firelight. The orange beams bounced and ricocheted off of the crimson walls of the Gryfindor common room. The portrait squeaked open and a tall male figure entered the room. It was Cyrus. He saw Kit and smiled, looking surprised and pushing his blonde hair out of his eyes.
“ I’m sorry Kit. I’ve been keeping something from you. It’s a secret though, so you can’t tell anyone, you hear?”Kit nodded, wondering what he had to say.
“ I love you more than life itself, Kit.”Cyrus whispered in her ear. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her onto the couch with him. He kissed her with love and compassion. She felt her whole body tingle as he pressed her against the couch, pushing her beneath himself. She felt his tongue trace the lower edge of her lip. He was trying to seduce her of course! Kit wanted to do that, but not here! What if Ireane saw?
“ Wait… no… Rus… stop…”
Kit’s sentence was broken by passionate kisses from Cyrus. He rubbed his hand up and down her arm, finding her wearing a tank top again.
“ Should we wait until we reach our room?”
Kit blushed. They had often spent the night in the Room of Requirements. Those nights always seemed to be perfect. She nodded and let Cyrus get up first. He blushed bright red as well. He held out his hand for Kit to take. She took it and Cyrus helped her up. He brought her carefully towards the common room entrance when a voice pierced the eerie silence.
“ Going so soon Rus? It was just getting good!”Ireane stood by the stairs leading up to the girls’ dormitory. Her arms were folded across her chest and she was leaning against the cold stone wall. She shook her head disapprovingly and walked back up the stairs. Cyrus winced and looked back sympathetically at Kit. She shrugged, completely confused as to the origin of Ireane’s abnormal reaction. She turned to face the portrait hole when Cyrus laid a hand on her shoulder.
“ We don’t have to if you don’t want to, ya know?”
Kit nodded her head. She wanted to spend time with Cyrus of course, but not if he was uncomfortable with that. She felt her heart sink in her chest. It could’ve dropped all the way into the pit of her stomach with the nod of his head and dark look on his face. He pulled her into a brief hug and remained neutral in his expression.
“ Let’s go. We can go to the room together okay? Don’t look so sad though… please?”
Cyrus’s eyes met Kit’s deep blue eyes for a moment before Kit broke the bond.
“ No Cyrus… I don’t really want to… to do anything… good night.”
Kit turned and walked out of the room. Cyrus stared after her, watching the golden blonde hair flow down to her shoulders as she walked from the room. Cyrus let his head sink to his chest. He felt a weight tug at his emotions as he watched her look so down. Every event that occurred between them was horrible. The only two memorable events that were good were the marriage proposal and the first time they kissed. Everything else seemed to be terrible. He sunk down on the couch and stared into the fireplace, feeling his eyes begin to water. Ireane heard Cyrus sigh and walked down to the main common room.
“ What’s wrong Rus? Was it Kathryn? What did she…?!”
Cyrus looked Ireane in the eye. If Kit was going to take his friendship with Ireane as a bad thing, then she wasn’t worth the effort. Cyrus pulled off his silver ring from his ring finger and let it fall onto the floor. He leaned over and kissed Ireane smack on the lips. She was surprised at this sudden motion from him. It was as if he’d become a playboy or something! He hugged Ireane and continued to kiss her with force. She normally would enjoy such a reaction, but not now. She couldn’t enjoy such an action after watching him kiss Kit with the same love. She pushed Cyrus away and ran up to her dormitory. She covered her mouth and felt herself begin to cry. How could she have tried to take Rus from Kit? She hated this side of her. She shook her head and flopped down on her bed, covering herself with the crimson blanket. She lay her head on her pillow and fell asleep, dreaming of Cyrus once again.
Kit felt herself wobble a little bit. She felt really hot and dizzy. She kept having small flashes of pain in her body, mainly in her arms and legs. She suddenly felt her vision become blurry and she leaned against a stone wall. Mrs. Norris, the caretaker’s cat, was walking towards her and mewing quite loudly. The sound hurt her head and she felt as though she was experiencing a hangover from alcohol. Filch, the caretaker, came limping up to her, talking some words about her head and neck. Kit didn’t stay conscious long enough to hear anything else. She passed out in the hallway, hitting the hard, cold floor with a soft thud. Filch began to freak out. He quickly sprinted to the headmaster’s office and told Professor McGonagall about Kit. McGonagall, in turn, walked swiftly towards the area where Kit had fallen. She directed Filch to go ask Madame Pomfrey to make up a bed for Kathryn Johnson. McGonagall saw nothing on the ground however. Kit was nowhere in sight. McGonagall thought it out and decided that Filch was just overwhelmed by what had happened over the past week. He was probably mistaken. She shook her head and walked slowly back to her office with a sigh.
Kit felt somebody pick her up. She was burning up, but she still could sense somebody holding her close. She also felt the sensation of a soft bed. She finally managed to open her eyes and look all around her. She saw blonde hair and caring eyes. A silver ring caught her eye too. Cyrus had his ring back on his finger and he was laying on the bed next to her. She was wearing nothing and neither was he. He smiled and stroked her hair from her face.
“ I see that it worked.”
Kit was confused. What worked?
“ I heard that if I press my bare body against yours, your fever will go down as I soak up some of your body heat. You were burning up Kit. I’m sorry for earlier. I settled things with Ireane. We no longer have any connection. I’ll live for you from now on.”
Kit smiled and hugged Cyrus with love. He was so sweet! She kissed him passionately. She was over her overwhelmed feeling and was healed. Cyrus pushed her beneath him and kissed her. He had a plan for this night. He rubbed his hands up and down her side, stroking her waist and kissing her neck. He worked his way down from her neck and kissed with love. Kit sighed, her body buzzing with pleasure. Cyrus began to pull the covers over them with one hand and make-out with Kit at the same time. He smiled at her, breaking their kissing session. He whispered into her ear about how much he loved her. They went late into the night with their love expressed every minute.
Kit sat up suddenly. She realized that this was the last day at Hogwarts. She felt her heart droop slightly at the thought. She got up silently and got dressed into a second pair of clothes that she always carried in a bag for occasions like this. She also pulled out several white letters and walked out of the Room of Requirements.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on April 22, 2007, 2:06:16 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreanelolz >< rus is such a playah hahaha!

anyways. i kept thinking ireane was all...evil..but i guess she's not. lolz ><

hehe i love how she just leaves him there....alone and naked. LOL 8D lolz jkjk