Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 40 - To Say Goodbye

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 40 - To Say Goodbye

Chapter 40 - To Say Goodbye
Cyrus caught up with Kit during breakfast. He asked about the invitations and she explained quietly. She walked casually over to the table where the Gryfindors sat. She looked Hermione in the eye and smiled.
“ Hey Hermione… here. This is for you. I hope you can come.”
Hermione opened the invitation and squealed with a grin. She threw her arms around Kit, dragging her away from Cyrus.
“ I’m so proud of you Kit! I’ll come right after Bill and Fleur’s wedding, okay?”
Ron and Harry also received invitations to give to their friends and whomever else they felt like inviting. Ron shook Kit’s hand and hugged Cyrus like a brother. Harry approached Kit slowly after Ron did.
“ I misjudged you Kit. You’re actually a good match for Rus. Take care of him will you? I’ll try to come, but I can’t guarantee that I will make it. I have to… well… fight, ya know?”
Kit nodded solemnly and looked at Cyrus, who was talking to Ron and Hermione. Harry nodded as well, shaking Kit’s hand. He walked away, Ron and Hermione following him with their invitations in hand. Kit sighed and turned to Cyrus and smiled. He smiled back and walked over to her.
“ So? How’d it go with Harry? Did he rat you out for the engagement?”
Kit shook her head as Cyrus ran a hand through her hair. She felt him take her other hand in his.
“ Harry isn’t actually all that bad, Rus. I think we simply had a misunderstanding when we met. We only got off on the wrong foot. He is a really nice person.”
Cyrus laughed and hugged her. He was glad to know that his girl was slowly becoming a friend with all of his friends that were possibly complete opposites.
“ I remember that thought from the other day too…”
Kit looked at him with a puzzled expression. The thought he was thinking? What thought was he referring to?
“ Tell me after the funeral okay? We’ll be late otherwise.”
With this last statement, Kit ran down to the Slytherin common room. She came out and met Cyrus at the door. Harry, Cyrus, and Ron had changed in the nearest bathroom. Kit was wearing a short black dress. She looked solemn almost. She was wearing her hair in a low ponytail. Cyrus nodded sadly and she took his now-offered arm. She grasped his elbow and walked out to the willow tree by the lake. There were so very many chairs. Hagrid had tearstains running down his red cheeks. Madame Maxime was crying and sniffling too. Lupin and Tonks were holding hands and both looked depressed. Kit sighed deeply, feeling her eyes sting and water. A lump formed in her throat and she had difficulty swallowing. Cyrus hugged her close to him and rocked back and forth. They sat next to Harry and Ron. Ginny and Hermione were weeping, Hermione on Ron’s shoulder and Harry on Ginny’s shoulder. Kit sat down and watched the pure white coffin in the front. Merpeople were singing songs of life and peace and sadness beneath the surface of the black water of the lake. Centaurs and beasts of the Forbidden Forest were lined up along the dark tree line. It seemed that everyone had come to pay his or her respects to the greatest wizard who ever lived. Kit lost her sense of self at that moment. She broke down in Cyrus’s arms and sobbed. Tears poured down her cheeks uncontrollably. She had thought that she had suffered enough losses in her life. Her mom had died due to Voldemort. Her dad died because of Voldemort. Now, Albus Dumbledore had died at the hands of the dark lord. How many more people would die at his wrath? Cyrus stroked Kit’s hair and felt tears slide down his cheeks as well. Ireane was nearby too. She was being held by a Ravenclaw that she had begun to date. She differentiated herself from loving Cyrus. She was crying as well. Hagrid was the loudest mourner yet. Flower blossoms drifted through the air and settled near the coffin. Kit felt as though a part of her had just been ripped out of her viciously. Cyrus patted her back and rocked slowly back and forth. She eventually calmed down and reduced her grief to a slight sniffle. She stood up and walked away from Cyrus, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand. What kind of end of school was this? She took off, walking quickly to the other side of the lake. She couldn’t bear to see her headmaster like that. She shook her head and sunk to the ground when she was out of sight. She buried her face in her hands and thought of all the good times she had when Dumbledore was around. She felt the grief pull and tug at her fragile heart. She fell asleep, losing consciousness and seeing a black veil pull over her restless emotions.
Cyrus saw Kit take off. His dress robes were constricting his breathing and that restricted him from running after her. He loosened his tie and walked after her, stopping to gaze one last time at the white marble tomb. The elegance was amazing. Fawkes finally ended the sad and lonely lament. He wiped his eyes and kept going where he had last seen Kit running to. He found her lying on the ground. He crouched on the ground next to her. He picked her up and held her in his arms.
“ Kit, please wake up. It’s all right…”
Kit opened her eyes and saw Cyrus holding her. She felt tears again.
“ Oh Cyrus! No….”
Kit sobbed in his arms again. Cyrus rocked her in his arms, sitting against a tree with Kit crying in his lap. He was there for her. He would always be there for her.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on April 25, 2007, 3:03:26 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreanehehehe yah lolz pretty funny >< :P

anyways that was a great chappy!!! oh how i love my russipoo! *huggles*

Ferret_Avatar22 on April 25, 2007, 11:00:38 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22Here ya go! Rus will show his sensitive side! I almost cried while writing parts of this... *sniffle* Rus is sexy and would look great if Ireane AND Kit grabbed on side of Rus's collar and tried to pull him towards themselves. Oh my goodness! I gotta draw Volde dancing in his suit! HAHAH! *ROTFLMAO* ( Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off! ) That was HILARIOUS! ^.^