Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 41 - Welcome Home

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 41 - Welcome Home

Chapter 41 - Welcome Home
When Kit opened her eyes, the sky was darkening and Cyrus was still holding her close to him. She sighed and stood up. Cyrus nodded lazily and stood up too. They held hands and walked back to the castle for the last night.
Kit sighed. Soon Cyrus would be living with her and they would share a house and a room and a bed. This made Kit shiver with excitement as she filtered through more of her thoughts. She tittered and looked up at Cyrus. He was getting ready to leave her and go back to the Gryfindor common room. He kissed her on the cheek and patted her on the back. He waved goodbye and walked up the main stairs and up to the door leading to the Gryfindor tower. Kit smiled quietly and opened the door into the dungeons. She descended down the cold stone stairs for the last time in her school life.
The next morning, Kit got up early and began to pack her bags to prepare to leave Hogwarts. She sighed as she folded shirts and set them into her trunk. She moved on and began to fold her pants and cloaks. She smiled at the memories of such places as the Room of Requirements. She blushed and stared at the dusty green curtains. She finally finished packing and began to call her owl with a whistle. The night black owl flew into it’s silver plated carrier and set itself upon it’s sturdy wooden perch. She set her items near the common room door and walked up the dungeon stairs and through the heavy oak doors leading into the foyer and towards the Great Hall. Kit opened the doors of the Great Hall and was greeted by the smell of fresh food and the sounds of laughter and crying among friends. She immediately scoped out the group of Gryfindors that were most familiar to her. Hermione and Ron seemed embarrassed around each other and Ginny and Harry were looking in opposite directions. Cyrus was the only friendly face to her. He patted his hand on an open seat next to him and signaled Kit to join him. She slowly sat down next to Cyrus in the seat.
“ Can you believe this Kit? At noon today, we will leave for platform 9 ¾ and then we will go to our home!”
Cyrus grinned widely and pumped a fist in the air enthusiastically. Kit smiled softly and accepted a newly offered hand. Cyrus handed Kit a bagel from his plate. She shook her head though.
“ No thanks. I’m not very hungry today…”
Cyrus noted the absent excited expression that usually occupied the smooth face of hers. He put the bagel back on the plate and took her face in his only free hand.
“ Are you okay Kit? You look awfully pale…”
“ I’m fine!”
Kit snapped at Cyrus with a new spark. He looked taken aback. He withdrew his hand and looked startled, his blonde hair falling back into his face and in front of his eyes. Kit looked at the floor, her breathing becoming heavy and moist. Cyrus looked at her, concerned with her reaction. He took Kit’s hands and held her close, ignoring the disapproving looks from a few other Gryfindors. She sighed, nervous about their future together.
“ Can we walk outside one last time?”
Cyrus smiled at Kit’s sad-sounding question.
“ Yeah, let’s go now so we have thirty minutes before we leave with the threstrals.”
With that last remark, Cyrus stood up and walked outside of the Great Hall with Kit. They both approached the great wooden doors leading out to the hot air and glassy lake.
When the two both arrived under the willow tree, where Dumbledore had been laid to rest only one full day ago, Kit sighed deeply and sat closer to the water. Cyrus took a seat next to her on the moist grass. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, seeing the diamond ring on her left hand. The jewel sparkled brilliantly in the sun and could only be compared to her eyes. He pulled her close to him and listened to her breathing. It was steadier now, and she seemed much less tense. He nuzzled her cheek affectionately and slowly stood up. He pulled her up to her feet carefully.
“ You feeling better now? You seemed… well…”
“ Stressed?”
“ Yeah… that’s the word.”
Kit nodded and took his hand and walked towards the waiting threstrals. Harry and Ron and Hermione were waiting by Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. Kit smiled again. Harry took that as a good sign and climbed into the carriage behind the horses. They whinnied and snorted impatiently, coaxing Cyrus and Kit into the next available carriage.
The train whistled as soon as the threstrals took off away from the station. Harry and his group sat in a compartment of their own. Cyrus offered to sit in one exclusively for them. As soon as Kit took a seat, Cyrus shut the door slyly and pulled the curtains in front of the glass windows. He offered for Kit to sit next to him rather than across from him. She went to sit next to him, but he moved to where she sat. This caused her to sit on his lap, leaving her quite vulnerable. Cyrus grinned and took advantage of his position. He turned her so she was in his arms as though he were cradling her. He kissed her on the lips and continued to kiss her for nearly ten full minutes. Kit finally stopped the kiss and took several deep breaths. She needed to breathe more when Cyrus decided to begin a make-out session. She smiled and fell asleep. When Kit woke up, she felt a jolt suddenly. The train had made it to the station. She stepped off and trembled. That was the last time she would attend Hogwarts or even ride the Hogwarts Express. Cyrus and Kit both walked towards the Weasley family. Bill and Fleur were there as well. Bill still had the scars from the battle for Hogwarts. Harry and Ron were lagging behind Hermione and Ginny, both of whom had run immediately to the Weasley parents.
Kit walked over to Lupin and smiled. He had been watching over Kit occasionally during her nearly eight years of being alone. He saw the ring almost immediately.
“ What is this Kathryn? Who gave you this?”
Kit blushed. She hated the fact the Lupin always called her Kathryn! She quickly and quietly explained the proposal from Cyrus. Lupin nodded and stalked back to Arthur Weasley. Cyrus took Kit’s hand and walked by the Weasleys. Harry was going to inform the family on Cyrus’s sudden departure. In the meantime, Cyrus told Kit to close her eyes. She did as she was told and Cyrus walked her back into a dark alley. Suddenly, they both apparated.
When Kit’s head stopped spinning, she felt Cyrus begin to lead her towards a brighter street. She heard the cracks of wizards and witches apparating to the town. She heard Cyrus whisper to open her eyes. She did as she was told and became instantly speechless. A beautiful pale yellow house stood before her. It was two floors high! She felt tears in her eyes.
“ This is ours?”
Cyrus nodded quickly and led her inside. It was already furnished and settled with magic.
“ I had Mr. Weasley decorate it with Mrs. Weasley and Bill. It turned out great!”
Kit smiled and hugged Cyrus, feeling warmth spread throughout her body. She knew only one word for this feeling. That word was love. Cyrus took Kit upstairs before he couldn’t resist her anymore. She was led to a large bedroom with a gorgeous fluffy bed to the far left. Two windows decorated the walls. One was on the right wall and one was in the middle wall, opposite the door. Cyrus led her slowly and seductively towards the bed. Kit was on her back on the bed before she knew what to do. Cyrus’s blonde locks of hair tickled her cheeks as he kissed her neck, pushing aside the low collar on her shirt. He was about to take off her shirt following the kisses, but a large black owl rudely interrupted him. The owl had a white star on its breast. Cyrus groaned and stood up, helping Kit to her feet. She blushed and gently untied the string that a letter had been attached to the owl’s leg by. Kit then took a small owl treat from her pockets on her jeans. She handed it carefully to the owl.
“ Thanks Beowulf. Isn’t he perfect Rus?”
Kit tickled the owl’s leg and he hooted happily. Cyrus was annoyed with this sudden intrusion. He glared at the owl and the owl glared right back. Cyrus looked shocked at the owl. Beowulf flew past Kit, who was reading the newly opened letter, and began to hoot loudly at Cyrus. It pecked Cyrus’s head three times before flying out of the open bedroom window. Cyrus threw his hands to his head and rubbed the sore bruises that Beowulf left.
“ Bloody hell! What is that stupid owl’s problem? That hurt!”
Kit looked up at Cyrus, the warm red flush leaving her cheeks. She sighed and handed the letter to Cyrus. He walked over to her and took the thin sheet of paper. It was from the Weasleys. It asked about when the wedding was and who all was attending the ceremony. Kit giggled softly and walked back over to Cyrus, who had just finished reading the letter. She ran her fingers through his hair and grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close to her, kissing him on the lips. He was so surprised that he dropped the letter and envelope on the ground. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. He wasn’t used to her kissing him first, but he thought he could get used to it. He kissed her passionately and rubbed his hands up and down her waist, sliding his left hand under her shirt. She leaned backwards and let Cyrus lay her back on the bed again. He got up quickly and shut the door to the room. When he got back to the bed, he kissed Kit and began to take off her shirt. He continued to strip her before it hit six in the evening. By seven that night, Kit and Cyrus had had one long, enjoyable hour. Kit had fallen asleep shortly after she had redressed in a small tank top and shorts. Cyrus had gotten up and dressed in blue plaid pajama pants. He walked down the stairs and into the living room to prepare papers for his auror training. He grabbed a cup of orange juice from the coffee table and sat back on the soft couch to review his test notes.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on May 3, 2007, 10:17:54 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22Sorry this is so long Ivy! I have another REALLY short chappie. It is sad and scary though, so it will make it's point. I posted on sexycedric BTW! You should post too! It will be an interesting post for sure! <3