Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 42 - Memories

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 42 - Memories

Chapter 42 - Memories
A small blonde-haired girl was walking up to a white door. She was wearing a white button-up school T-shirt and a forest green and black plaid middle school skirt to her knees. She hummed quietly to herself, hearing the birds in the trees. She smiled and giggled, hoping with all of her heart that there would be pasta for supper. Her mother usually greeted her at the door, smiling with her mouth. The only odd thing was… that her eyes weren’t smiling. When the little girl walked up the small concrete driveway, she didn’t see her mother at the door. She didn’t hear the normal call of:
“ Kathryn! Hi sweetie! Welcome home baby!”
This startled her as she hit the first two steps in front of the door. Her bright blue eyes examined the door, not seeing the usual twist of the knob. She opened the door quietly.
“ Mom? Mom, are you here? Hello?”
The house was filled with an awkward silence. The only way to describe the sound was as “white noise”. The little girl swallowed hard and continued to walk, her small black shoes tapping on the hard wooden floor. She walked towards the kitchen, hoping to have her mom surprise her with supper on the table. She first saw a note on the island in the middle of the kitchen. She reached for the note blindly and felt something warm and sticky on her hands. She looked down and gasped. Blood covered her hands. The white paper was splattered with droplets of crimson blood. She read the note slowly, walking around to the other side of the kitchen, her shoes clicking noisily on the white marble floor.

My dearest Kathryn,
I know you may be unaware of my feelings, but I refuse to lie to you anymore. I would say that I’m sorry for neglecting you, but I’m not. You got what was wrought. Your father died for you. I don’t want you! You are as worthless as that stupid optimism that you carry with you! I have longed to say this for a very long time. But now, it is time that my pain and suffering ended. You aren’t wanted by anyone Kathryn. I would say I loved you though, but I’d be lying. Goodbye Kathryn.
Love, Mom


Kathryn stared at the bloody letter in disbelief. Her mother would never, COULD never, write something so horrible! She looked up as she stepped in something slippery on the floor. She dropped the letter and stared ahead of her. On the floor in front of her was her mother, bathing in a pool of her own blood. There were slices from a knife all over the woman’s body. Her long brown hair was clumped with blood. Her eyes were open, staring at the empty space of death. The girl stared for nearly a full minute before soaking in the reality of the situation. Her mother committed suicide. There were cuts behind her ears, on her temples, across her wrists and on her neck. The only thing to prove the suicide was the kitchen knife stabbed through her heart, fresh blood still dripping from the open wound. Kathryn felt the room spin. She screamed and fell to the floor, sobbing herself to breathlessness. Remus Lupin slammed open the front door, accompanied by a man with a wooden leg and a crazy eye. Mad Eye Moody was following Remus. Lupin ran into the kitchen, taking in the girl on the floor crying and the dead woman beside her.
“ What happened? Kathryn! What happened here?”
Kathryn could say anything. She was barely able to breathe through her sobs and sniffles. She managed to stop crying when Lupin bent down next to her and hugged her momentarily.
“ M… Mom is… no! She… she’s only sleeping! Leave her alone! Let me go! No! Let me go! No! MOM!!!!”


Kit jolted awake; screaming and breathing heavily, images of the house burned into her mind. She was sweating and shivering. Apparently, Cyrus had heard her scream, because he came running into the bedroom at full speed, juice spilled down the front of his shirt.
“ Kit! Kit, are you alright?”
He kneeled on the bed beside her, taking her hand. He stroked her hair from her face and looked into her eyes. Her eyes looked so frightened. He stroked her cheek gently before taking her into an embrace.
“ What happened? You screamed, but… was it a nightmare?”
Kit shook her head slowly, catching her breath. She turned to look him in the eye before speaking softly and eerily.
“ No… it wasn’t a nightmare… it was a memory…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on May 3, 2007, 12:41:33 PM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneawww oh nozzzz!!!! meep! poor kit! :C merrr rus watched his mum die :C oho so sad :CC




so when r deh gunna have babuhs?! hahaha jkjkjkjk!!