Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - You're WHAT?!

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 43 - You're WHAT?!

Chapter 43 - You're WHAT?!
Cyrus looked at Kit concernedly. He wiped a tear from under her eye and kissed her cheek gently.
“ Will you be alright Kit?”
She nodded and buried her face in his shoulder. He rocked back and forth, supporting her head with one hand and her back with the other. He felt so much pity for her. He tilted her chin upwards and kissed her delicately on the lips. He stood up slowly and glanced at the wizarding clock. He hugged Kit and quickly changed his clothes.
“ I have to go! I will be back hopefully by later tonight okay? I have my interview with the ministry today. Good bye babe.”
He tied his tie quickly and ran out the door. Kit smiled, thinking about her husband-to-be. The wedding was in two weeks on Saturday. She felt sick before she could think any more. She threw her hands to her stomach and doubled over. She felt dizzy too. It was already seven in the morning. She looked up nervously and began to feel her heart race. She decided to check it out. She had an idea of what was causing this pain. She began to panic as she pointed her wand at herself. She recited the spell in her head, causing a pale yellow light to trace her entire body. She then knew what had happened.
Cyrus walked in the door at a quarter to eight that night, rubbing his eyes. He sighed, waiting to tell Kit the news. He saw her on the couch in the living room with tears in her eyes.
“ Kit? Kit! What’s wrong? I got it! I got the job! Now, I can train to become an auror! Isn’t that great?”
Kit smiled, sniffling. She stood up and changed places with Cyrus. He now stood in front of the couch.
“ Cyrus… I have news too… I’m…”
Kit hesitated to finish. Cyrus took the hint.
“ You’re… because of the other night? You’re… no… you can’t be… pregnant?”
Kit covered her mouth with her hands, closing her eyes tightly. Cyrus fell onto the couch, sitting hard on the soft cushions.
“ You’re pregnant… great… I’m so sorry… I shouldn’t have done that the other night…”
“ No Rus! I have been pregnant for almost a full week! I have been since the Room of Requirements on the second-to-last day of school! It’s not your fault.”
She felt terrible. Was Cyrus going to leave her now?
“ Kit… you’ll be a great mother. I plan to be the father and husband that will carry you through this all. You have my child too ya know?”
He stood up and walked over to her, stroking her blonde hair out of her eyes. He wanted to hold her and reassure her, but she was shaking. He left her quickly and wrote a letter for the Weasley family to read. He then left it for Beowulf and walked back to his fiancé. He hugged her and led her back to the room.
“ Kit, lie down and rest. You need to rest and be extremely careful now that you have a baby.”
Kit smiled and felt another tear stream down her cheek.
“ You’ll make a great father Rus. You are so cool.”
She kissed him lightly on the lips. He smiled and sat on the bed next to her, setting his hand on hers. She smiled back and lifted up his hand. She set it on her stomach, looking up at Cyrus.
“ Let’s get ready for Bill and Fleur’s wedding. I haven’t gained any weight, but I want to be ready for two days from now. Harry and Ron will be there too.”
Cyrus got ready and waited the next day, calling in sick for his first training day. He had the next day off anyway, so he took care of Kit all day, tending to her every need. The day flew by quickly as the sun became the moon. The next day was the wedding, so Kit and Cyrus got ready and took off for the Burrow. When they took hands and apparated, Kit felt her heart flutter with the adrenaline rush of flying.
When Kit and Cyrus arrived outside of the gates of the Burrow, Hermione and Ginny greeted them.
“ Welcome back Cyrus and Kit! How are you? Are you ready for the wedding tomorrow afternoon?”
Kit smiled and squeezed Cyrus’s hand tightly. He grinned and began small talk between the small group. He let go of Kit’s hand and began to talk with his hands too. He made actions of his training that would soon begin. Kit shook her head and smiled, laughing quietly. Cyrus was definitely a social guy. He noticed Kit walk towards the Burrow and began to run after her, his blonde hair falling into his eyes and screwing up his vision.
“ Kit! Wait up! Wait for me babe!”
He ran up and took her hand, causing her to start suddenly. She giggled nervously, her free hand touching her stomach at the same moment.
“ Hey Rus, you ready for wearing a normal tuxedo this time? I am nervous to wear a clingy dress… because… well… you know…”
She smiled and blushed brightly, looking down at the ground. They reached the door and knocked assertively. Mrs. Weasley answered the door and began to fuss over Kit immediately. Lupin invited Cyrus in, leading him into the living room. Fleur was in there with Bill, seeing him for the last twelve hours before she would be his wife. She was only allowed to be within sight of him for six hours before the bride would be separated from him until the wedding. Cyrus smiled, thinking about him and Kit being married in a week too. Kit walked in the room at that minute and signaled Cyrus out of the room. The Weasleys had taken care of Cyrus, so he was like another son. Kit pulled him into the hallway and pulled him close.
“ Rus… when will we announce about me being…”
Cyrus pressed his finger to her mouth gently and shushed her.
“ We’ll announce it after the wedding okay? Right now, it is about Fleur and Bill. Let them get over with the wedding first.”
Kit smiled and let Cyrus kiss her gently on the lips. He held her close and kissed her full and passionately. Harry walked into the hallway and coughed impatiently. Cyrus was startled and felt his heart leap. He turned quickly, looking at Harry and laughing guiltily.
“ H… hey Harry… what’s up? Heh… heh…”
He scratched the back of his head and stepped away from Kit, brushing his hair out of his face. He smiled and patted Harry on the back, relieved to see Harry smiling slyly.
“ No problem. You’re getting married soon right?”
Kit nodded at Harry’s comment and blushed. He had really become nicer after Dumbledore’s death. He probably had come to realize that she wasn’t that bad either. She smiled and let Cyrus and Harry talk alone. She let herself out into the garden and began to walk around slowly, soaking up her surroundings. She heard the sound of the door shut and the sound of footsteps behind her. Two strong arms pulled her close to a warm, thin body. Cyrus held her in his arms, closing his eyes and laying his head on her head, catching the scent of lavender shampoo.
“ Harry was just telling me about how much he’d misjudged you. I told him that I always knew how wonderful you were. He agreed and told me how he wished that he’d have seen that sooner.”
Kit smiled and covered Cyrus’s hands with hers. His hands slowly lowered until they were on Kit’s stomach. He felt his heart soar as he thought of Kit bearing his child. He was so happy that he didn’t have to wait a full week to find out. Had he been a muggle, he’d have to have waited for at least a week before any tests would prove positive or negative. He felt Kit’s hands cover his and he blushed. He hadn’t blushed since school. He knew that she was his girl. He kissed her hair and bent his head down to kiss the side of her neck. She felt her heart flutter as he began to kiss her. She knew that, sooner or later, someone would come out and discover the two of them. She gently pulled away from him and looked him in the eye, letting her hands slip off of his hands. Kit noticed his hands drop to his sides as he waited for her to say something.
“ Let’s wait for tonight. Our moment will come after the wedding, okay?”
Cyrus nodded at Kit’s suggestion. He loved her and knew that he could wait. He smiled brightly and hugged her one last time. He took her hand in his and led her towards the Burrow.
“ Wait! Cyrus… what’re you…?”
Cyrus shushed her and pressed a single finger to her lips. He wanted to walk in while holding hands. He wanted to prove that they really were in love without actually saying anything.
“ Come on Kit. They’ll be starting a reception-planning portion soon. I can’t wait to see Fleur in the goblin-made tiara that Mrs. Weasley is lending her.”
Kit smiled, nodding her head. She knew that Fleur would be so very lovely in her wedding outfit.
“ We don’t need anything special. I mean… I can’t very well ask my parents… and you can’t ask your father… so… what’ll we do?”
Cyrus frowned, pausing outside of the door before grabbing the door handle.
“ I’m not quite sure… but maybe Mrs. Weasley wouldn’t mind helping you out a little bit. Possibly even Fleur could help you.”
Kit pondered the thought for a moment before responding.
“ I guess you’re right… We can ask after the wedding, alright?”
Cyrus nodded and kissed Kit’s cheek. He was so eager to be married! It was only a matter of time now!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on May 14, 2007, 10:51:09 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22I think you'll really enjoy this chappie Ivy! i can't wait to have more time to write more! You have been waiting for this to happen for a long time and here it is! Bad Russipoo! *taps Rus's nose*

ivygreane on May 15, 2007, 10:06:30 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneawwww. so adorable! hahaha naughty naughty rus. lmao!!

aww rus is gonna be a daddy! *squeeee!* lolz lets just hope hes better than his dad... >.> lol