Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 46 - Bonded for Life

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 46 - Bonded for Life

Chapter 46 - Bonded for Life
Kit looked stunned, shocked even!
“ T… tonight? I don’t have a dress! Do you have dress robes? Or…”
Cyrus laughed out loud, putting his hands to his stomach and laughing fully.
“ You don’t wear dress robes to a muggle church, Kit. You wear a tuxedo… like on a penguin! I already have everything arranged. They have an outfit for both of us there. What’s wrong?”
Kit looked at the floor, crossing her arms in front of her, looking distraught.
“ I… I really want to marry you… but I want Remus there with us… and Tonks… they ARE married too… May I call him?”
Cyrus looked surprised. He noticed that she looked sad and lonely.
“ The man who helped me get this all arranged is named Mr. Leonard. He said we could bring whomever we please.”
“ Really? I’ll send my patronus!”
Kit hurried to her room and grabbed her wand. She grabbed it and pointed it at the window.
“ Expecto Patronum!”
The silver form of a dove flew from the window to Remus with her message. Almost five minutes later, a werewolf patronus came and delivered a message from Tonks.
“ We’ll be there and I’d be happy to help you and be the bridesmaid. Remus says he’ll also be the best man. See you then, Kit!”
Satisfied with the message, she ran back down the stairs. She ran over to Cyrus, who still seemed to be pondering the thought of whether or not to read the book on the coffee table. She threw her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek.
“ Lupin and Tonks will come! I just got a patronus from Tonks saying they’ll be there! Oh I’m so happy!”
Cyrus dropped his book on the couch and hugged Kit close to him.
“ We’d better get going if we’re going to make it to the church on time, Kit.”
Kit nodded nervously, smiling and blushing.
“ Alright, let’s apparate.”
Cyrus shrugged his shoulders and began to walk towards the door. He doubled back and grabbed Kit’s hand.
“ Let’s go!”
Cyrus smiled and pulled her out on the front doorstep.
“ We’ll apparate to an alley nearby the church all right?”
Kit nodded and gripped Cyrus’s hand tighter and spun on the spot. She felt as though her body was being blown through the air. Finally, she felt solid ground beneath her feet. She sighed and looked beside her at Cyrus, who grinned at her.
“ Hey, at least I didn’t splinch myself this time! Ha!”
Kit laughed and walked with Cyrus to the church. The church was very tall with stained glass windows depicting the sacrifice of a lamb. Kit shuddered, thinking of the price of worship. Cyrus looked up at the spire on top of the large building.
“ Ready for this, Kit?”
“ Yeah, I think so…”
Kit smiled at Cyrus, her fiancé. Kit smiled and thought of finally being committed to the man whom she loved the most. Just as she was about to go into the church, she heard a call of delight from behind them. Tonks came running up, throwing her arms around Kit and beaming.
“ You’re finally marrying someone, Kit!”
Kit nodded and laughed a little bit. She then saw Remus leading Cyrus inside first.
“ Come on Kit, let’s get you in your wedding gown!”
With this, Tonks led Kit inside the beautiful church. Kit felt her stomach flutter with butterflies of nervousness and anxiety. She took a deep breath and looked at a good-sized dressing room for the bride. Tonks immediately went to a large wardrobe and took out a dress. The dress was whiter than Kit had ever seen before.
“ Th… That’s for me?”
“ That’s right Kathryn!”
“ It’s gorgeous!”
Kit stared in awe at the white gown before her. Tonks handed it to Kit delicately. Kit went behind a folding wooden dressing barrier. She put the dress over her head gingerly, letting it slip down slowly. She put her arms up through the opening. She finally felt the dress reach it’s farthest. She loved the sleeveless style. It rested on her body nicely. She walked out from behind the barrier and Tonks gasped.
“ You look beautiful! You look so much like your mother, Kathryn.”
Kit smiled, feeling her heart sink slightly. She wished her mother could’ve been there to see her getting married to Cyrus.
“ Let’s get your hair styled, Kit.”
Kit nodded nervously and followed Tonks to another small room. Her gown made her walking look like one fluid movement.
“ Let’s put it up in a fancy bun, okay? I have little ‘extras’ for you to include as well.”
Kit smiled.
“ Alright, let’s get it done with.”
Tonks nodded at Kit enthusiastically. She began waving her wand above Kit’s hair. The blonde hair put itself up in a gorgeous bun with not a single strand down. Tonks didn’t like its perfection, so she let a small piece from her bangs come down on her right side. She looked so pretty.
“ Well Kit… I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world right now. Let’s do your makeup too.”
Tonks moved on with putting on a very light silver eye shadow and a little bit of blush.
“ Perfect! I love it! Now, let’s get your shoes and your flowers!”
Tonks grabbed a pair of shoes from another large wardrobe. They were white, sparkling high-heels.
“ Well, I think I have the perfect bouquet for you, Kit.”
Tonks conjured up a good-sized bouquet of red roses. In addition, Tonks added small pearls in Kit’s hair, making Kit sparkle.
“ You’re ready now darling!”
Kit nodded, taking a deep breath. Tonks made a squeaking sound and took out a mint.
“ Here, I took one before my wedding too. Remus took about ten of them. He was very pepperminty.”
Kit laughed, taking the spearmint from Tonks’ outstretched hand.
“ Well… I’m nervous Tonks… what if I forget where I am and stutter and forget to say ‘I do’ and…!”
Tonks put a finger to Kit’s lips.
“ Hush Kit. You’ll be fine. Just relax and be yourself. It doesn’t help to worry about it.”
Kit let out a deep breath as Tonks pulled away her finger.
“ You’re right, I just need to calm down and relax.”
“ That’s right. Oh! Guess what?”
Kit looked puzzled. What was on Tonks’ mind now?
“ I’m pregnant!”
Kit looked at Tonks with astonishment.
“ Really? That great Tonks! When is it due?”
“ Not too very long from now! I’m so happy!”
Tonks smiled and hugged herself. Kit was startled at the sudden newsflash. She wasn’t sure whether she should tell her about her ‘condition’ yet or not. She decided to wait though. Tonks told Kit to wait for the music. Remus came up to Kit and smiled broadly.
“ You look so much like Gloria, Kathryn. Come on, take my arm and we’ll walk down the aisle, like father and daughter.”
Kit felt a tear in her eye. She never really had a ‘father’ to be there for her.
“ Thank you Remus. I…”
“ It’s all right, Kathryn. Here we go now.”
Kit felt her stomach flip and her heart leap into her throat. She heard the music from the main room. The large wooden doors opened before her and she gripped Remus’s arm tighter. Cyrus stood at the altar in a handsome black suit. He had a rose in his pocket and a red tie. He looked at Kit and blushed. She looked beautiful. Kit had a veil on which hung over her face. It was a translucent white and silver. Cyrus could just barely make out her facial features. He did manage to see her blushing though.
“ She’s beautiful…”
Cyrus exclaimed under his breath at the sight of Kit. She finally met Cyrus at the front of the aisle.
“ Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Cyrus Riddle and Kathryn Johnson in holy matrimony…”
Kit felt her heart beating faster with every passing minute. Cyrus also felt himself becoming anxious with anticipation. The man droned on about life and love and blessings. Kit felt her face grow hotter when the man began the final vows.
“ Do you, Cyrus Riddle, take Kathryn Johnson, as your lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, until death do you part?”
Cyrus swallowed hard and blushed brightly.
“ I do.”
Cyrus placed a golden ring on Kit’s finger. The priest turned to Kit and began again.
“ Do you, Kathryn Johnson, take Cyrus Riddle, as you lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, until death do you part?”
Kit looked at Cyrus and smiled a little bit, also blushing.
“ I do.”
She placed the other ring on Cyrus’s finger. The priest nodded and said a few more words of joy.
“ You may now kiss the bride.”
Cyrus turned to Kit and smiled.
“ I love you.”
“ I love you too, Rus.”
Cyrus lifted the veil and placed it behind her. He leaned in and kissed Kit on the lips, holding her close. Lupin clapped and Tonks whooped. Kit blushed and broke off her kiss. Kit felt Cyrus take her hand. Cyrus ran towards the door from which they entered. Kit closed her eyes when they reached the door. She threw her rose bouquet backwards and then she heard Tonks laugh when she caught it. Cyrus turned to Kit and kissed her again.
“ Oh Kit! You have a new last name, you know?”
Kit smiled and nodded.
“ Yeah! I’m Kathryn Riddle now!”
Cyrus laughed and pulled Kit into an alley nearby. Kit blushed as she was pressed against the cold brick wall and kissed passionately by Cyrus. He then whispered in Kit’s ear. She agreed and they both looked around for muggles. When they knew that the coast was clear, they apparated back home.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on July 27, 2007, 10:17:52 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneyaaaaaay!!!!! :D