Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 47 - The Stork is Coming

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 47 - The Stork is Coming

Chapter 47 - The Stork is Coming
Kit felt the sensation of ground against her shoes. She laughed until a tear slipped from her eye. Cyrus joined her laughing and held her close to him.
“ I can’t believe we’re married Kit! Oh my god!”
Kit smiled as Cyrus held her close to him. She looked up at him and felt his stomach press against her back. She let him kiss her for a while. She then felt Cyrus sit down, pulling her on his lap. He waved his wand over the both of them, changing them into casual outfits. Kit was wearing a tight, black and baby blue, striped shirt with the sleeves being worn below her shoulders. She had this with another pair of dark blue flare-legged jeans. Cyrus was wearing a black T-shirt and normal blue jeans. Kit smiled, feeling Cyrus hold her close. He leaned back and kissed her neck.
“ When is ours due?”
Kit thought about what Cyrus was talking about.
“ What is ‘ours’ and what do you mean?”
Cyrus quietly placed his hands on Kit’s stomach. Kit got the hint.
“ Probably near eight months now.”
Cyrus sighed and held Kit close to him.
“ I can’t wait for then! I’ll be almost 19 right?”
“ Yeah, and I’ll be 18 as of October. You’re thinking about a year in advance.”
Cyrus nodded and stroked Kit’s hair.
“ I’ll be a good father, Kit.”
“ And I’ll be a good mother. I know we can do this.”
Cyrus nodded and looked at the clock on the wall.
“ Let’s go to bed, huh?”
Cyrus helped Kit up and then stood up himself.
“ I’m Mrs. Riddle now, Rus!”
Kit laughed and let Cyrus help her up the stairs. He guided Kit onto the bed and they both slowly fell asleep beside each other.
Seven months passed by with a daily routine of the schedule around the house. Cyrus studied for his auror job that he would take up eventually. Kit worked part-time at several small taverns. A room was built beside the main bedroom in the house. As Kit’s due date grew nearer, the schedule became more packed.
“ Hey Rus? Can you help me down here?”
Kit called up the stairs to Cyrus, who was filing some old papers.
“ Yeah, one minute, babe!”
Cyrus came down the stairs, setting papers on a nearby table.
“ Cyrus, I feel sick again.”
“ You do? Could the baby be coming?”
Kit sighed. Cyrus asked her about the baby constantly.
“ Probably in about one month. I need help up.”
Cyrus extended and arm and helped Kit to her feet. She hadn’t gained all that much weight even though she was carrying a baby.
“ Oh god…”
Cyrus paused, looking at Kit. She was holding her stomach and she had fallen to her knees, even holding his hand.
“ Kit? Kit, what’s wrong?”
Kit grimaced and winced at the pain that she was feeling. She felt her baby kicking around inside her like it was ready to be born.
“ Rus… I may be ready… to…!”
Cyrus helped Kit to her feet quickly and pulled her towards the front door. Kit was wearing a pair of jeans and a green T-shirt. Cyrus grabbed her coat and threw it on her, helping her get her arms through.
“ Hurry… please?”
Cyrus helped Kit out the door quickly. He made sure he had his wand, then apparated to St. Mungo’s in an instant. He ran to the front desk, panting and holding Kit’s hand.
“ My wife… having baby… now!”
The person in front directed him to a nearby maternity ward. He pulled Kit there and let the doctors take Kit into a room. Cyrus followed and held Kit’s hand. He had to wait it out.
“ Kit… are you all right?”
Kit nodded, wincing and holding her stomach.
“ It’ll be born early, Rus…”
Cyrus shook his head, stroking Kit’s cold hand.
“ They’ll be all right too, Kit. You be fine.”
The doctor entered again, pulling a curtain for them.
“ Hello there. You are Mr. and Mrs. Riddle?”
Kit and Cyrus nodded, unused to the marriage still.
“ The baby should be born in about an hour. I had hoped that your wife would’ve been brought here sooner. The baby will be premature, but it’ll survive.”
Kit let out a sigh of relief. The doctor continued.
“ Mr. Riddle, if you’d like to stay and comfort your wife, you may do so. There will be opportunity to bring her home by tomorrow if everything turns out all right.”
Cyrus nodded, feeling warm from nervousness. The doctor left, leaving Cyrus and Kit alone again. Cyrus held Kit’s hand in his, kissing her on the cheek.
“ I can’t believe it. In one hour, I’ll be a father. You’ll be a mother, Kit.”
Kit smiled and returned the kiss.
“ Yeah, we’ll be parents, Rus. It may be painful for everyone, but we need to tell Remus and Tonks.”
Cyrus nodded. He hugged Kit, who winced, grabbing her stomach. Cyrus placed his hand next to hers, feeling the baby moving inside her.
“ It’s a miracle, Kit.”
Kit felt her cheeks blush for the first time in a while.
“ Yeah, it is. I can’t believe that our baby is ours… I mean… you know… with your father and my parents… and all that happened during the course of the school year.”
Cyrus nodded.
“ I’ll be a much better father than mine is. I’ll spend every single day telling my baby about how much I love… um…”
Kit looked at Cyrus’s puzzled expression and felt confused.
“ What?”
“ Is the baby a boy or a girl?”
Kit laughed, holding her stomach and feeling her face blush again.
“ It’s a girl, Rus. I want to decide a name for her too. Will you help me decide what to name her?”
Cyrus smiled broadly and kissed Kit full on the lips, feeling her return the kiss. He couldn’t help it! Kit was the best girl he’d ever known.
“ I love you, honey. Well… have you thought of anything before now?”
Kit nodded and let Cyrus back away slightly.
“ Well… you know that locket that you have?”
Cyrus nodded suspiciously.
“ Well… I want to name her Aurelia Gloria Riddle.”
Cyrus let his mouth drop open. A tear spilled from his eye and he hugged Kit to him.
“ Oh my… thanks, Kit. How’d you… why’d you… I love you.”
Kit smiled, putting her arms around Cyrus, who was now nuzzling her cheek.
“ Ow… Rus…”
Cyrus looked at Kit. She was grimacing a lot and holding her stomach.
“ I’ll get the doctor!”
He ran from the room, almost knocking over a nurse in the hallway.
“ Doctor! It’s Kathryn! She’s going to have the baby!”
He was panting and gagging on the air that he lacked from the quick sprint.
“ I’m on my way.”
The doctor led Cyrus back to the room where Kit was staying.
“ Alright, Kathryn. Here’s what I’d like you to do.”
The doctor went on with the instructions and Cyrus just listened in on a few rules, like breath in a steady rhythm and only push when I say to do so. Cyrus was then alerted about holding Kit’s hand and letting her squeeze his hand if the pain was too intense.
“ Cyrus, I’d like you to let her squeeze your hand if she feels immense pain.”
Cyrus nodded and let Kit take his hand.
“ Ready Kathryn? On three…”
Cyrus watched the doctor help Kit. He felt his hand being squeezed too much at one point. He yelped out in pain. Kit was squeezing her eyes shut and clenching her teeth tightly.
“ Kit, you all right?”
Kit nodded slowly, trying to be silent. The doctor finally showed an expression of relief as he pulled out the baby. Cyrus saw the amount of blood there and felt his mouth drop open.
“ Is… that… blood?”
Cyrus felt very dizzy and then he blacked out.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ivygreane on August 2, 2007, 9:40:32 AM

ivygreane on
ivygreaneeeek!! they r way too young for babahs.......

woah! shes only in labour for an hour......doesnt labour take all day....?????? :/

awww cyrus is cute!