Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 49 - Meet Me There

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 49 - Meet Me There

Chapter 49 - Meet Me There
The next morning, Cyrus awoke when the sun was high in the sky. He turned and groaned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
“ Ugh… Kit? Wuz goin on?”
Cyrus sat up, yawning loudly. He heard a baby cry. He suddenly remembered Aurelia.
“ Hush, Aurelia, you’re all right. Mommy’s here now.”
Cyrus saw Kit run past the door and into Aurelia’s room. He got up out of bed and got himself dressed for the day. He wore a loose blue T-shirt and loose blue jeans. He grabbed his wand and slipped it into his back pocket. He exited the room and walked into Aurelia’s room.
“ Morning Kit, Aurelia.”
Kit turned to the door and grinned.
“ Morning big guy!”
Aurelia cooed and gurgled. Cyrus came up to them both and kissed Kit on the lips and kissed Aurelia on the forehead.
“ Sorry that I’m up so late. It’s only probably about nine anyway.”
“ Rus… it’s quarter to noon.”
Cyrus about tripped and fell.
“ It’s quarter to noon? Why didn’t you wake me up? I never sleep in this late!”
Kit sighed and laid Aurelia down in her playpen. Aurelia pushed around a plush penguin and giggled softly.
“ She’s laughing at you, Rus.”
Kit pulled Rus into the hallway and kissed him on the lips. Cyrus huffed and puffed for a while as Kit stood back and watched him.
“ Oh fine… I just can’t stay angry while you’re standing there and looking so innocent.”
Kit laughed and walked up to him, pushing his shoulder playfully.
“ You know I’m not, Rus!”
Cyrus laughed and pulled Kit into a hug, kissing her cheek.
“ Oh Kit… I love you.”
Kit smiled and blushed. She loved him too.
“ Me too, Rus. I love you too.”
Aurelia giggled in the room nearby. Cyrus heard her and smiled.
“ Rus… we’re pretty young to have her, you know?”
Cyrus nodded, thinking about his situation.
“ We’re ready for it though, Kit.”
Kit nodded, thinking it over carefully. She laid her head on Cyrus’s shoulder, sighing and hugging him close to her. Kit smiled and laughed randomly.
“ What’s so funny, Kitten?”
Kit looked up at Cyrus, kissing him gently.
“ Nothing. I’m just thinking about my new father-in-law.”
Cyrus thought about it for a minute, and then laughed, covering his face with a hand.
“ I don’t think you’re the only girl who thinks her in-laws suck!”
Kit laughed hugging Cyrus. She loved his sense of humor. She finally calmed down and looked at Cyrus’s eyes. His eyes were smiling too. She kissed Cyrus, letting him pick her up slightly. He nuzzled her cheek and whispered in her ear.
“ Meet me in the room…”
Kit looked up at Cyrus, startled at the sudden seductiveness in his voice.
“ What are you up to, Rus?”
Cyrus just grinned and walked into his room. Kit watched him strut into the room. He was always up to something! Kit grinned and shook her head, walking over to Aurelia’s room. She walked into the small room and picked up Aurelia. She was sleeping in her playpen before Kit had walked in the room. Her eyes were still shut gently and her chest was rising and falling in an even rhythm. Kit smiled warmly and laid Aurelia gingerly in her crib. Aurelia didn’t even stir as Kit tucked her under a soft blue blanket.
“ Sleep well, darling.”
With this, Kit walked out of Aurelia’s room and shut the door gently so as not to wake Aurelia. With this, Kit walked back to the room where Cyrus had walked into.
The room was dark and Kit’s eyes weren’t able to adjust to the sudden light change. She raised her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes. She suddenly felt herself being held. She felt warmth and relaxed her shoulders. She felt Cyrus’s breath on the back of her neck.
“ Hey there, Rus…”
Cyrus didn’t respond right away. He was leading Kit away from the door.
“ I thought you’d have come sooner, Kitten.”
Kit smiled, feeling Cyrus sit down and pull her onto his lap.
“ I just can’t help myself when I’m around you…”
Kit felt Cyrus kiss the back of her neck. He began to pull her next to him on the bed.
“ Cyrus… what are you…?”
Cyrus interrupted Kit’s train of thought by giving her a passionate kiss. Kit began to unbutton the front of Cyrus’s shirt. Cyrus grinned and started to help Kit with the removal of his shirt. Just as Cyrus was about to help Kit out with her shirt, there was a scratching sound in the downstairs. Cyrus looked up, pushing himself up and off of Kit. She too had heard the noise from the wooden door downstairs. Kit threw on a different tank top and left Cyrus in the room to get changed.
Kit heard Cyrus shuffling his feet upstairs as she walked into the kitchen. The wooden door leading into the backyard was moving violently from some sort of force on the other side. The doorknob on the door wasn’t moving, but the door continued to shake as if something was pushing against it. Just as Kit was walking towards the door, Cyrus came running down the stairs, tripping on the bottom step. He hit the floor with a loud bang, causing a low rumble on the other side of the door. Kit winced and went to help him up. She took a firm hold of his hand and pulled him up to his feet. He rubbed his palms together and grimaced.
“ Kit, what’s that sound?”
Kit heard it too. It was a high-pitched squeal from the other side of the kitchen door.
“ I’m opening it.”
Cyrus looked taken-back at Kit’s statement.
“ Are you stupid? It could be a death eater!”
Cyrus whispered in harsh tones about that possibility. Kit had never thought of that before he mentioned it. She just shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.
“ I don’t care, I just need to find out what it is!”
Kit walked towards the door, fumbling in her pocket. She pulled out her wand and raised it, pointing it towards the door. She took a few more steps, decreasing the distance between the door and herself. She reached out slowly and set her shaking hand on the doorknob. She turned the doorknob slowly, keeping her wand held high. She heard the click of the door opening and felt a burst of cold night air. She let her eyes adjust to the darkness and saw nothing. She stepped outside and looked around, not finding what could’ve caused such a racket. She shrugged her shoulders and headed into the kitchen again, lowering her wand and sticking back in her pocket. She smiled at Cyrus, shaking her head. His face wasn’t smiling, however. He was looking behind her with a look of fear on his face. Kit turned around to face the open door and screamed as a large figure attacked her, blinding her. Something bad was happening.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on August 22, 2007, 10:43:11 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22Here is my # 49... i am so excited! I am hitting chapter 50 next! This is an enormous accomplishment for me! I am so happy! *cries*