Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 52 - Awaken My Memories

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 52 - Awaken My Memories

Chapter 52 - Awaken My Memories
Well, he’d have to wait for Kit to leave again before her could check. She seemed slightly more comfortable than she was when they first arrived at the old house. Cyrus decided to wait until he could sneak past Kit and get into that room again. Kit soon fell asleep again and Cyrus had his cue. He got up from Kit’s bed and walked cautiously down the steps again. He didn’t see the door this time however. He sighed and walked into the kitchen. He felt disappointed and somewhat depressed suddenly. He sat down in an old wooden chair placed at a small table in the far side of the kitchen. He sighed again, looking at an old, dirty window above the sink. He shook the thoughts off of him and Kit being stuck in this old house. Had he really just imagined the door though? Thoughts of the room swam through his head, despite what he tried to focus on. He stood up and walked back into Kit’s bedroom, lying down beside her on the bed. He closed his eyes and sighed, folding his arms across his chest. He slowly drifted off to sleep.
Cyrus walked down the stairs and turned suddenly. He saw an opening in the wall and felt for an invisible door. He pumped his free fist into the air, as he didn’t feel a solid door. He walked into the opening and felt a slight breeze. He saw a white light by the piano, shining on a little girl on the beautiful white bench. A tiny, possibly six-year old, girl was sitting by the piano, propping sheet music up on the built-in stand. Cyrus saw the little blonde girl push her hair behind her ears. He stared in awe as she began to play a song. This was the song he had heard the other day! This little kid wrote this song? She kept adding little notes here and there in the piece. She was showing a caring, loving expression on her face. She seemed to hear Cyrus breathing, for she turned around quickly and stared at Cyrus. She had dazzling blue eyes and blonde hair to her shoulders. They were in low, pigtail braids. She had the most awkward expression on her face. She seemed happy to see him. She waved to him and gestured for him to join her. Cyrus looked at her, confused with the request. He pointed at himself and tilted his head to the side. The girl nodded and patted the bench beside her. Cyrus looked around him for anyone else and then shrugged it off, walking towards the middle of the room. The girl scooted over to the right of the bench and Cyrus took a seat beside her. She beamed and began to play the sing again. Cyrus saw her close her eyes and breathe in the music! She had so much emotion in every note that he felt dizzy.
“ Why did you bring me here?”
Cyrus addressed the little girl. She stopped playing, ending on an E#. She looked at Cyrus. She opened her mouth to speak and failed to sound normal. She was amazing with a soft and pure voice.
“ I knew that you would forget. You mustn’t forget! Don’t let the sound run out! He’ll kill you all!”
The girl got up and dropped the sheet music all over the floor. She ran out the door and disappeared. Cyrus ran after the girl, calling out for her. He was able to say her name, but didn’t know who she really was. He ran and ran but couldn’t catch her. She kept running and running! Her red and black plaid dress flew out behind her and so did her hair. He felt the floor suddenly break beneath his feet. He was falling, so deep. He yelled for help, but no one was coming. Blackness consumed him. Voldemort’s face showed, laughing evilly and death began consuming him.
“ No! Not him! No!”
Cyrus woke up, panting. He had a cold washcloth pressed against his forehead. He was out of breath. He felt so hot. He heard nothing around him, however. He heard some clanking in the hallway and swearing and then the room door opened. Kit walked in and set a tray of empty glasses on the bedside table. She began fussing over him and covering him up with blankets. He felt so weird though. Why did that nightmare happen? Who was the little girl who played the piano so brilliantly? Why did she seem so scared? He began to ponder the thoughts, but was interrupted by a pounding headache. His hands flew to his forehead and he wanted to slam his head against the pillow. He felt a slamming inside his skull, giving him the sensation of his head bursting. Kit ran over to him and lifted his hands from his face, waving her wand over him and muttering a spell under her breath.
“ Episky.”
Cyrus felt the relief of the headache lifting. He noticed then how cold and clammy his hands were. He was downright exhausted.
“ Kit… what happened to you?”
Kit’s face was so pale and her knees were shaking. She had red, bloodshot eyes and she was sniffling. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail and her bangs hung in her eyes. She was shivering and holding her arms to her chest. Cyrus looked at her and took in her appearance and began to reach his hand to her. She pulled away and sank to the floor, crying in her hands. Her shoulders shook violently and she sobbed.
“ I thought… I… you… w… were… d… g… gonna… d… die! You w…were… so… s… in… p… pain! You yelled and cried out to me, holding you head and clutching… a… at your s… stomach! You said ‘ kill me!’ and cried out in agony! You said his name! N… no!”
Kit sobbed harder and heard Cyrus kneel down beside her. He grabbed her shoulders and held her close. She was sobbing harder than she was just a moment before. She threw her arms around Cyrus and hugged him, crying into his shoulder. He stroked her hair and tried to calm her down. She was so sad. What had he said out loud? That nightmare was something unusual for sure.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on November 4, 2007, 8:49:42 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22Theres my next chappie! Woo0hoo! *dies* Lotsa chappie! i am on page 196 on Microsoft word too!