Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 54 - When She Leaves...

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 54 - When She Leaves...

Chapter 54 - When She Leaves...
Kit shrank back in fear and cried out as a searing pain tore through her body. Cyrus jumped up and grabbed for his wand. It wasn’t there.
“ Damn! Kit, where are you?”
The room went completely dark and the vacuum-like sound continued along with Kit’s shrieks of pain. Cyrus finally felt his wand on the bedside table. He lifted it up and shot random spells at the thing. A scream as bad as death expelled from the creature, allowing light to fill the room again. Kit was on the floor, panting and out of breath. She had tears in her eyes and she was sweating horribly. Cyrus saw the last of the black creature disappear into the night. He then ran back over to Kit.
“ Kit, are you alright?”
Kit grabbed Cyrus’ sleeve and buried her face in it, curling up close to him. She was shaking quite badly.
“ What was that thing?”
“ I… I don’t k… know… b… but it w… was s… so dark… I… I was scared…”
Cyrus had never really heard Kit proclaim fear to him. He made a firm decision on the spot.
“ We’re not safe anymore… whenever you’re with me, something bad happens… maybe we should just…”
Kit looked up, letting go of his sleeve. She pulled away when he tried to take her hand.
“ We should just what? What are you trying to say? Don’t even tell me you’re honestly thinking of…”
“Yeah, I was. It’s the only way…”
Kit stood up defiantly.
“ You liar! That is NOT the only way to solve this! We have Aurelia to think of! How could you even take that thought into consideration?!”
Kit was in a rage. Her ears were red behind her blonde hair and her eyes grew darker. It really had meaning though. He looked down at his feet and listened to Kit before getting to his feet as well.
“ Kathryn Riddle, I love you more than life itself! THAT is why I say these things! I’ll take care of Aurelia and you can go off somewhere else or something! We just need to avoid each other until this ends…!”
Kit had tears streaming down her cheeks, her nose red at the tip. She snatched her wand up from the ground with resentment and stormed from the tent. Cyrus ran out after her, watching her sprint to the nearest edge away from the barrier before apparating away.
Cyrus watched the empty air before dragging his feet back into the tent. He waited until he reached the bed before sinking onto it. He put his face in his hands and rubbed his face a couple of times. He tried to wipe away tears that were coming uncontrollably from his eyes. He felt so empty and alone inside. He told Kit to leave his side. He remembered back to the wedding when he had vowed to never leave her alone in the dark again. He broke his promise. He sunk his head back onto the pillow and finally settled down and slept.
A loud voice woke him up. He fell off of the bed in shock. He only had on his pants as he walked out of the tent. The protection had apparently left when Kit did. Lupin was standing in front of him.
“ What are you doing here, Cyrus? Where’s Kathryn? Isn’t she with you? Aurelia has been restless and has been causing a problem of sleep deprivation. I think she misses her mother and father. But most of all…”
Cyrus looked at the ground, holding back any further comments. Lupin looked curiously at Cyrus, noticing the sudden downcast look in his eyes.
“ Kit left, last night…”
While looking at the ground Cyrus could observe Lupin’s shoes. He had a great sense of what looked good with his outfit. Wait! There was a pair of sparkly green shows next to Lupin’s. They were strappy heels. What in the world was Tonks wearing nowadays? He looked up and saw, in a green spring dress, Ireane. Her red hair flowed down over her shoulders.
“ Hey Russy, where’s Kit?”
Cyrus cleared his throat and coughed a few times before making eye contact with either Lupin or Ireane. Tonks happened to walk out as well, holding a dishtowel. She stopped about two feet behind Lupin and listened to Cyrus.
“ Last night, Kit and I were attacked by some sort of black creature… and Kit was scared and almost killed. I told her that being with me was dangerous and that it might just be wise to keep a distance between us until this whole fight with You-Know-Who is over… and she stormed out and apparated somewhere.”
Ireane stared, open-mouthed at Cyrus and watched him intently. Lupin kept a stoic expression on his face as he watched Cyrus’s reactions to everyone else. Tonks had her hands over her mouth and the dishtowel covered her face from the nose down. She had a look of gloom and worry on her face.
Cyrus felt horrible. The true reality of what he’d done hit him hard in the face. His heart felt as though it might as well have been ripped from his chest and tossed to a hippogriff. He sighed and covered his face with his right hand. He felt terrible. Ireane jumped into reality. She grabbed Cyrus by the shoulders and shook him violently.
“ We need to find her! YOU need to find her! She NEEDS you! Who knows what’ll happen if You-Know-Who finds her!”
Cyrus was stunned by Ireane’s sudden outburst. He looked at her with amazement and thankfulness. That was the special boost he needed to aid his confidence.
“ All right! I’ll do it!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ferret_Avatar22 on February 2, 2008, 3:14:48 AM

Ferret_Avatar22 on
Ferret_Avatar22This hit page 200! YEsss! *dies* Have a ball! I'll write more soon! I promise! Yahoo!