Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 55 - Alone Once More

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 55 - Alone Once More

Chapter 55 - Alone Once More
Ireane smiled, catching her breath.
“ Rus… I loved you. I still do, too. But right now, she needs you. You may have just sold your soul to the devil when you chose to marry her. But you have a child to take care of.”
She looked saddened by the fact that he was taken. Cyrus looked disheveled, but she couldn’t take her eyes from him. Lupin shook his head, muttered something to Tonks, and left the tent, heading back to their house. Ireane just stood, her shoulders shaking. She was holding back tears. She threw herself into Cyrus’ arms. She cried into his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him.
“ Oh Rus! I love you! I don’t want to let you go!”
Cyrus was shocked by Ireane’s sudden devotion to him. He thought of Kit and felt his heart sink into his stomach. He looked down at Ireane.
“ Ireane…”
He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. He didn’t know where Kit went, or what happened to her. He wanted desperately to see her again. He didn’t even quite know why he was holding Ireane in his arms with such care. He just sighed and sat down on the bed again. He held Ireane in his arms until she fell asleep with tears still fresh in her eyes. Cyrus felt an overwhelming sense of guilt in the center of his heart. He felt pulled towards Ireane, even though he knew he loved Kit. Or, at least, thought he loved Kit. He lay down next to Ireane and closed his eyes, resting up for the moment.
Kit couldn’t believe what had been happening. Cyrus wanted her to go away, plain and simple. She felt her hatred for his bravery boiling deep inside her. He just wanted to help her. She knew that, but she wanted something more. She wanted him to trust that she could fend for herself. She shook off her anger at first, but then felt it return as she walked further. She didn’t even know where she was anymore. She had been so clouded with rage that she hadn’t paid attention to where she was.
“ Damn… where am I?”
She looked around. It was nearly dusk. She sighed and stopped in her tracks. She hugged her arms to her body and shivered. She knew that she shouldn’t have left without supplies. Now, she was stuck without resources.
She felt different somehow, as if she was a different person completely. She felt like she was darkened from the soul and out. She felt weighed down by anger and hatred. But now, she felt different yet again. She felt anxious. She felt like she was being watched by something, watched by someone. She whipped her wand out and pointed it in every direction.
“ W… who’s there? C… come out… I know you’re in there!”
Nothing responded to her. Not even a blade of the dying grass moved in the seemingly non-existent breeze. She only heard the rapid breaths that she was taking. She was getting scared again. Chills creeped up her spine and made her hair stand on end. She walked back a step and jumped at the crunching sound that the dry grass made beneath her feet. She was breathing quicker and quicker, finding it harder and harder to breathe.
“ Leave me alone! I didn’t do anything!”
Something spoke.
“ Haven’t you? I know what it’s like, you know? I know what you feel. You are lonely, scared. You need something to be there. No, you need someONE to be there for you. I can help you.”Kit shook with fear.
“ Who are you?”
“ I am me. You are Kathryn Johnson. I know you. You know me. That’s all you need to know, for now.”
“ B… but… that doesn’t make sense… who are you.”
Kit stammered and stuttered, unable to find the words to describe this feeling inside her soul.
“ I can help you, Kathryn. All I need, is your soul.”Kit stared blankly into the sky.
“ I have nothing more to lose. Can you really help me?”
“ Do you doubt me? Shall I prove myself worthy of a pureblood?”
Kit looked stunned. How did this voice know she was a pureblood? She looked around skeptically again before confronting the voice.
“ No, I believe you.”
This was going to be the biggest mistake of her life.
“ Tell me what to do. Show yourself.”
“Come to the clearing where the Quidditch World Cup was held. Come alone. Then, I’ll show myself. I’ll help you, for a price…”Kit barely heard the last part of this speech. She was readying herself for the lurch of apparation. She raised her wand and in an instant, she was on her way to the clearing.
Cyrus woke up, yawning loudly. He had experienced a very strange dream. He had seen Kit calling him. She had been in a familiar place, too. He shook off the awkward feeling and moved on. He looked beside him. The bed was empty. Ireane had left him, too.
“ Rus? You’re awake now. I’m glad, I’ve probably been up for maybe two hours…”
Cyrus jolted up.
“ What time is it?!”
“ It’s nearly nightfall, why?”
“ Come with me!”
Cyrus grabbed Ireane’s arm and dragged her into Lupin’s house. Tonks and Lupin were at the kitchen table, looking over some papers. Cyrus snatched a piece of parchment from the nearest free table. He took a quill from the table beside Tonks.
“ What are you doing, Cyrus?”
Cyrus caught his breath, sketching like a madman. He finally finished his masterpiece and shoved the paper into Lupin’s face.
“ Have you seen this place somewhere?”
Lupin studied the parchment for a moment before he let out a gasp.
“ Why do you need to know, Cyrus?”
“ I had a dream and Kit was here, calling for me.”
“ This is the site of the Quidditch World Cup, let’s go, now. I have a really bad feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen.”
Lupin jumped up and took Tonks’ hand. Ireane ran to the back room of the house and tried to stay away from the rest of the household. She just didn’t feel the need to go as well. Cyrus grabbed Ireane’s arm, careful to avoid startling her.
“ Come on, Ireane!”
He took her to Lupin and Tonks. They ran beyond the barrier protecting the house and apparated, quickly and efficiently.
The wind howled as the moon began to rise into the sky. Kit panted, realizing that she had apparated into the wrong clearing and had to meet the voice immediately. She finally hit the clearing, grinning to herself. She had made it at last. She looked up, hearing a deadly silence fall over the ground. Darkness unlike any other fell upon the clearing, the only light being the moon. The lumos spell she had been conjuring lost its effect and died out. In front of her, with glowing red eyes, was Lord Voldemort.
Cyrus felt the familiar sensation of being separated from his stomach. He finally hit the ground, catching himself from falling. He heard Ireane scream quickly and then felt her hide behind him. Lupin drew in a quick breath and Tonks groaned morbidly. He looked up, his eyes adjusting to the darkness. His father stood in the clearing before him. Kit was there, looking at Cyrus. Their eyes met, causing Cyrus to shiver. Kit’s eyes were dark and cold. These weren’t even cold like when she was under the imperious curse. This was a whole new personality.
“ Kit… what are you… doing?”
Kit stared blankly at him before looking back at Voldemort. She stared at Voldemort without a word. Voldemort began to chuckle, nearly nonexistent at first, but it evolved into a maniacal laughter. Cyrus became cold. His expression became stone and he stared at his father with a passion of hatred. Then, Voldemort spoke in a cold, chill-inducing voice.
“ My dear boy, Kathryn is merely seeking someone to stay with her. She needs somebody to… depend on.”
Cyrus lunged towards Kit to drag her backwards.
“ Damn you! Damn you! Don’t touch her! I love her!”
Kit pulled away from Cyrus. He froze, staring at Kit. Kit walked away from him, looking back as she neared his father. Cyrus’ jaw slackened. He stared at Kit. She looked at him and made eye contact one time.
“ Do you?”
Kit looked back solemnly at Voldemort. He lifted his arm and took Kit’s shoulders and pulled her to him gently. He began to disappear into his black, fog-like form. Cyrus ran after him.
“ No! Don’t take her from me! Not again!”
Kit looked at Cyrus, tears forming in her eyes. A single tear fell from her eye as she and Voldemort evaporated into thin air. Cyrus stood, staring at the spot where Kit was just standing. Tears fell down his cheeks rapidly. He lost it completely.
“ DAMNIT! I HATE YOU! BRING HER BACK! BRING HER BACK TO ME! NO!”
He fell to his knees, shaking violently. His shoulders were vibrating at a speed that changed every second. Lupin saw this and pulled back Ireane, who was trying to go to Cyrus and hold him. Cyrus slammed his fists on the hard, cold ground. Ireane had a tear in her eye as well. Lupin went forward to Cyrus. They had been near the tree line, so Lupin stayed near the trees at first.
“ Cyrus, you need to get up. You’re not helping by making a huge scene.”
Cyrus turned to Lupin with a fire in his eyes. He stood up with amazing speed and slammed Lupin against a tree.
“ SCENE?! I AM NOT MAKING A SCENE! THAT DAMN VOLDMORT TOOK HER! I’LL MAKE A SCENE!”Tonks ran past Ireane and pointed her wand at Cyrus.
“ Stupefy!”Cyrus fell to the ground, unconscious. Ireane was shaking with fear, holding back her tears. What was going to happen to him? What was happening to them all?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment