Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 56 - Just a Dream?

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 56 - Just a Dream?

Chapter 56 - Just a Dream?
There was a rustling in the trees nearby. Ireane turned on her heel and crouched defensively in front of Cyrus.
“ Who are you? What do you want?!”
“ Wait! Don’t do anything! Is he gone?”
The silvery voice rang from the trees. Ireane gasped and nodded slightly, shaking a little bit.
“ Good, I’m coming out now.”
Kit walked out of the trees slowly, cautiously.
“ What the…?”
Ireane was about to accuse her when she noticed the huge wounds that leaked blood all over her body. Her shirt was in tatters and her pants were sliced and dirty. Her hair was in a frizzy, messy ponytail and she was out of breath.
“ What happened to you, Kit?”
“ Long story… werewolves and death eaters. They’re gone now, though.”
Kit walked forward with a determined pace, her limp was barely noticeable. She sunk down on the ground beside Cyrus.
“ Rus? Cyrus, you all right? Rus?”
Cyrus stirred slightly, his face pinched in pain. Ireane gasped and felt her eyes beginning to tear up. She tugged on Lupin’s shirtsleeve and the three of them, including Tonks, left the clearing so Kit and Cyrus could be alone.
“ Cyrus… Rus… sweetheart… are you okay?”
Cyrus stirred again and his eyes flickered open. He felt around with his hand and found hers.
“ I’m dead… heaven… it does exist… you’re here… he got you… no…”
“ No! Cyrus, snap out of it! We’re fine! I tricked him! I used a replication spell. Please…”
Cyrus sat up, grabbing Kit in his arms.
“ Oh Kit!”
She smiled and held her husband in her arms.
“ I never would leave you, I promise. I love you.”
Cyrus beamed, tears streaming down his cheeks. These were new tears, tears of joy. He took Kit’s face in his left hand and pulled her lips to his. He kissed her long and passionately, ecstatic to be with her. He finally pulled his face away and looked at her.
“ What happened?”
“ Werewolves, death eaters, stuff… like trees… you know?”
Cyrus pulled her to him again. He cradled her in his arms, refusing to loosen his hold on her.
“ Did he hurt you? Was any of this his fault?”
Kit shook her head, sighing.
“ No, I used that as a ruse. It’s too complicated, I’m sorry…”
He shook his head defiantly.
“ Don’t you ever do that to me again, you hear me?”
She smiled weakly and nodded, her messy hair falling in her face. Cyrus stroked the hair from her face to tuck it behind her ears.
“ Rus, we should go… everyone will be wondering about the truth of the matter, as I’m sure you’re curious as well… am I right?”
Cyrus nodded his head, slowly standing up, his knees ached as he stood. He held out his hand for Kit to take. She took it and he helped her to her feet. Cyrus pulled Kit as close to him as possible. He pecked her swiftly on the cheek before they would apparate. Kit began to snicker.
“ What? What’s so amusing to you? Why’re you laughing?”
He was starting to become frustrated. He just had a huge emotional breakdown and she found it funny?
“ Have you seen yourself? You look like you’ve been through hell.”
Cyrus cocked his head to one side. Was it really that bad? Kit handed him a compact from her pocket. It was all ready open and the silvery mirror presented his reflection. He looked hideous! His eyes were puffy and red, his nose tipped by red, too. His hair was ruffled all over the place, a cowlick heaven. Dirt and grass stains covered him from head to toe. Blood and dirt from his fall was smudged on his face. He had various cuts from the ground and surrounding twigs and thorns, too.
“ Oh my… I see what you mean…”
Cyrus snickered as well, stroking Kit’s cheek with his thumb.
“ Come on, Scruffy, let’s get you home. Our home, this time.”
Cyrus smiled.
“ I like the sound of that.”
Kit held Cyrus’ hand and pulled her wand from her pocket. She closed her eyes and waved the wand in one fluid movement. The world swirled quickly, then slowed gradually to a stop. They were now in front of Lupin’s house. Kit pocketed her wand and squeezed Cyrus’ hand.
“ It’ll be all right. They honestly can’t be too angry. It was for a good cause, after all. We had to keep You-know-who away from Aurelia and everyone else.”
Cyrus nodded. Kit was right, too. The safety of their family came before personal safety. It was Kit’s way of living effectively. It was a good, if somewhat dangerous, method for living her life. The exact same thing would’ve been done if he’d been in her shoes.
“ Kathryn Riddle, you are my life, my reason for living. If that ever happens again let me know. Ireane will not get between us ever again and honestly…”
Cyrus blushed crimson. Kit tilted her head, confused.
“ What, Rus? Honestly what?”
“ I’m more excited about later, I mean, when we’re finally alone… you know…”
Kit smiled and pulled his belt loops on his jeans, tugging him towards her.
“ Yeah, me too. I mean, Aurelia must be pretty lonely…”
Cyrus grinned menacingly at her.
“ I wonder what Ireane would think if…!”
Cyrus’ thoughts were interrupted by Kit’s lips, forceful against his. She obviously didn’t appreciate his mentioning of the name Ireane. Kit pulled away.
“ This is about you and me… got it?”
Cyrus nodded, slightly petrified by her assertiveness. Kit took his hand, letting go of his belt loops. She pulled him towards the house, rushing slightly.
When the two of them arrived inside, everyone was in the living room. Ireane was cradling Aurelia in her arms while Lupin and Tonks waited on the couch. Lupin and Tonks stood upon their arrival, offering the seat to Kit and Cyrus. The couple sat down, Kit staring at the floor and Cyrus making eye contact with Lupin.
“ Kathryn Riddle… you are disappointing me. You will never run off like that again, do you hear me? What you did was stupid and ridiculous! What if the dark lord had actually taken you? What would you do about Aurelia and Cyrus and the rest of your friends?”
“ What friends, Remus, Ireane? She’s no friend of mine. I’m sorry, but you are interfering with Cyrus and I. Sometimes, we just need to be alone and…!”
Kit froze. Aurelia woke up, opening her eyes. She looked at Kit and Cyrus and reached for her mother. Ireane walked slowly over to the couple and gently handed Aurelia to Kit. In the midst of the process, however, Aurelia opened her mouth.
“ M… mama?”
Kit gasped and tears welled up in her eyes. Her child just said her first word! Kit squealed with delight.
“ Oh Rus! She just said ‘mama’ to me! My baby!”
Kit pulled Aurelia into her arms and smiled affectionately.
“ Can you say ‘dada’, Aurelia?”
Kit cooed at Aurelia and smiled broadly. Cyrus rushed over and kneeled in front of Kit and Aurelia, grinning proudly and triumphantly.
“ Kit! She said her first words! She’s so amazing!”
He smiled at Kit and took her free left hand. Lupin couldn’t find it in him to yell at Kit anymore. Aurelia was like a grandchild to him and he was enjoying sharing her special moment with the people he loved.
“ Kathryn, Cyrus, go to your house. Tonks and I put up a barrier and picked up the mess that was left there. Not your fault, of course, but all the same. You should bring her back, too. We added a few things, gifts, to her repertoire.”
Kit smiled and blushed, embarrassed by Lupin’s kindness.
“ Thank you. I promise, I won’t ever do that again…”
“ Good for you. Now…”
“ Unless it’s necessary, of course.”
Lupin sputtered, surprised by Kit’s sudden decision.
“ Kathryn! Get back here!”
By the time Lupin got these words out of his mouth, Kit had already grabbed Cyrus’ hand and Aurelia, and bolted away from the house, so as to be able to apparate home. Lupin shook his head.
“ That girl…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment