Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 57 - Once Upon a Lullaby

This is a story about my original character, Kit Johnson. Her and Ivygreane's character, Cyrus Riddle, embark on adventure's through romance and dangers in Hogwarts.

Chapter 57 - Once Upon a Lullaby

Chapter 57 - Once Upon a Lullaby
The spinning sensation caused Aurelia to look slightly sickened. She looked about ready to vomit, but proceeded to giggle at the dizzy feelings that tingled through her sensitive body.
“ Cyrus, let’s tuck our little girl in. She looks exhausted.”
This was true. Aurelia had slight bags under her shining eyes. She yawned as if to agree with her mother. Cyrus nodded, stifling a yawn of his own. Kit grinned and pulled him inside of their home, which she had made her way to during her brief conversation with him. She opened the beautiful front door to their newly refurbished house.
The home smelled lightly of lilacs and pomegranate. That was the only scent Kit could compare the smell to. She walked up the wooden stairs and heard Cyrus following her up. She waited for him at the top of the staircase. He made it up, dark bags under his blue eyes. He grinned wearily at her. She pulled his hand with her free hand, holding Aurelia tightly to her body with the other. Cyrus beat Kit to the door, however, and opened it, revealing Aurelia’s new room configuration.
“ Come on sweetheart, time for bed.”
Kit cooed gently at Aurelia and walked gracefully to the crib. She waited until Cyrus lowered the bars of the crib before leaning over it and setting Aurelia in it. Kit pulled the powder pink covers over her daughter, watching her yawn again.
“ Good night Aurelia. Sleep tight.”
With this, Kit kissed Aurelia’s soft forehead and moved to allow Cyrus room to kiss her as well. Aurelia looked almost expectantly at Kit. Kit felt stupid! As Cyrus pulled up the bars on the crib, Kit walked over to the dresser and pulled off the crib clip. She picked it up and brought it back to the crib. She tightly secured the item in place and flicked the switch. The dark blue orb spun slowly, creating the effect of moving midnight stars around the entire dark room. A lullaby resonated from the orb as well.
“ My mother taught me this song…”
Cyrus listened carefully to it. It was oddly familiar to him. A beautiful piano solo was chiming in the air. He shrugged it off and took Kit’s hand, walking out of the room with her, quietly shutting the door to the bedroom. They made their way to the master bedroom, their room. Cyrus looked over at Kit, who was staring ahead, smiling to herself, probably thinking about Aurelia’s first words. She was oblivious to the way he felt. This included the good ways and the bad ones. He pulled her into the dimly lit room and pushed the door shut with his foot. He pushed Kit towards the bed seductively. She finally caught on to what he was up to as he pushed her down on the bed and put his face close to hers.
“ Not tonight, Cyrus.”
“ Why not? I almost lost you for good! Do you even know what that’s like?!”
He felt his eyes stinging and his head throbbed. Kit was taken aback.
“ Cyrus! No! I don’t mean it in a way that I don’t want you, too! I meant that you are tired. You have bags under your eyes that could fit a troll in them. You need to sleep tonight, not be distracted by a meager thing like sleeping with me!”
Cyrus looked away from her, pulling up off of her as well. He turned to face the window, which was covered with white, lacy curtains.
“ Rus… what’s on your mind?”
He ignored this, listening to the faint sound of the lullaby coming from Aurelia’s bedroom.
“ Kit… what is the name of that lullaby?”
“ Why?”
Cyrus shrugged his shoulders.
“ Just wondering…”
“ It’s titled, A River Flows in You, by the composer, Yiruma. It’s a lovely piece of music. I can play that, you know.”
“ Can you play it on the player piano in the living room?”
Kit nodded to him, retying her hair back into a ponytail as she stood up.
“ Come on, I’ll show you.”
The two of them began a slow walk down to the living room. Once they arrived, Cyrus stood behind Kit. She sat herself down on the piano bench and lightly brushed her fingertips across the ivory keys. She looked at Cyrus for confirmation.
“ Go on, I’m listening to you, I promise.”
Kit smiled weakly, turning back to face the eager keys. She began a slow, soft melody. Her fingers moved smoothly across the face of the keys, white and black being synchronized into one tremendously gorgeous sound. Cyrus backed up suddenly, remembering slightly where he heard this before. Kit’s profile was vaguely familiar to him as well. Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, he cried out, slumping down onto the couch he had backed into. Kit stopped playing abruptly and ran over to him.
“ Oh my god! Cyrus! Are you okay? What happened?”
Cyrus couldn’t speak. He knew where the music was from and why her profile was scaring him.
“ Kit… you… at… piano… it…”
Cyrus stuttered, unable to get out a decipherable word.
“ What Cyrus? You’re not making any sense! What about the song? Is something bugging you?”
Cyrus nodded.
“ Remember when we visited your old house?”
“ Yeah, why?”
“ Well… can you recall me having a nightmare?”
Kit nodded. What was Cyrus getting at?
“ Well… in that nightmare, I saw a little blonde girl playing the piano. She was playing this song! She told me about ‘him’ and such with a warning and she was scared! She was frightened! She was a little you!”
Kit looked at him, her eyes were full of concern.
“ Cyrus…”
Kit hugged him close to her, cradling his head against her chest, letting him listen to her heartbeat.
“ Hush, sweetheart. You need to go to sleep. You’re obviously exhausted. We’re fine now, alright?”
Cyrus sighed, biting his lip. He nodded, wrapping his arms around her.
“ Let’s go to bed… I… I just don’t know anymore…”
Kit smiled and hummed quietly. She waited a moment and then stood up slowly. She pulled the tired Cyrus to his feet. He followed her almost mechanically up the stairs and to their bedroom.
Once they reached the bedroom again, Cyrus slumped down on the soft bed. Kit joined him there, taking off her socks on the way. He watched her intently as she took a seat on her side of the bed. She lay on her back, feeling Cyrus shift his weight on the bed. She closed her eyes and felt him move closer to her, pulling her to him.
“ G’night Kit.”
“ Good night, Cyrus.”
Kit kissed his forehead and felt herself drifting to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment