Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Miracles

We all know of Starfire's big sister, Blackfire, but have you ever wondered about Raven? Ebony, Raven's little sister, comes it visit, but then Blackfire escapes from jail. Could Ebony have something to do with it?

Chapter 6 - Miracles

Chapter 6 - Miracles


~*Chapter 6*~

        Sirens wailed as Ebony's frail body was placed on a stretcher. Blackfire was being bandaged up on her own stretcher. The Galactic Ambulance came about ten minutes after the attack. Starfire had called them like Raven ordered and they came to Earth as fast as they possibly could. While they were there, they had fixed up the boys, too. Beast Boy had a few bandages around his head, Robin had a few scratches on his face and arms with a few bandages on his wrists and neck. Cyborg was put back together with his computer and was now up and running. The paramedics also bandaged up Starfire's hands and Raven's right arm, but the real ones needing help were Ebony and Blackfire.

        Blackfire looked over to Ebony.

        "I told this to your sister and her friends," she began. "But you haven't seen the last of me."

        "It's going to be a long time before they see you." Ebony announced, her voice weak. "You aren't going to get your powers back for many years to come."

        Blackfire shot the poor girl a stubborn look and cringed at the thought of not being able to fly.

        "Whatever." She snapped. "You're still useless."

        "No, I'm not." Ebony corrected. "Breaking off my friendship with you has done so many things to me. It made me that much stronger, made me work a little harder, made me that much wiser. It made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker, made me that much smarter. Thanks for making me a fighter."

        Blackfire gritted her teeth.

        "I hate that song." She said.

        "Too bad." Ebony whispered, running out of strength. "It's true."

        Two paramedics loaded Blackfire into one truck. Two more came to put Ebony away. Raven walked over to her little sister and watched her face grow paler than usual.

        "Wait." Ebony ordered. The paramedics stopped. Ebony looked up at Raven. "Big Sister, it was such an honor to see you and to fight with you again. Even during the battle, I was probably the happiest little girl alive."

        "Don't say anything more." Raven firmly commanded. "You'll waste your strength."

        "No, I won't stop." Ebony refused. "Listen to me. Keep the rest of the Titans safe for me, okay? Tell them I love them."

        Raven took her little sister's hand.

        "Oh, and tell Starfire I'm sorry for forcing her to buy those punk clothes."

        "That's it, Ebony." One paramedic said. "We have to go now."

        The two paramedics brought Ebony into their truck. Ebony's hand slipped from Raven's as the door closed. One paramedic went to the front of the truck, but the other stayed with Raven.

        "Is Ebony going to be okay?" Raven asked.

        "I'm not sure." The paramedic replied. She ran her fingers through her short, blonde hair. "I did all I could for now. The rest is just going to have to be left to faith."

        "So, she might die?" Raven asked.

        "I'm not sure." The paramedic repeated. "Ebony's different from a lot of other patients we've had in the past. My guess is that this weakness is caused by her releasing too much power during the battle. She might make it. She might not. Don't worry, Raven. We'll do everything in our power to make sure she's okay. We'll call you with the results. It might be tonight, but most likely, tomorrow."

        Raven tried to smile, but she was just too sad. The paramedic turned and went to the front of the truck. Both trucks took off.

        "Wait!" Raven stopped short. "How did she know my name is Raven? How did she know about the battle? How?"

        Back at Titans Tower, a small cake sat at the kitchen table. It was chocolate and had pink frosting lining the top and sides. The Titans sat around it in silence with their hands folded and their heads down.

        "Please, our Great Universal Lord, keep Ebony safe." Starfire pleaded. "We offer You a gift to show how much we mean this. Please, give Ebony the strength to wake up tomorrow morning with a smile on her face. Amen."

        "Amen." The Titans repeated. They let their hands go to their sides.

        "On my planet, a prayer like this assures a miracle in one who is wounded." Starfire announced.

        "What type of miracle?" Cyborg asked.

        "To be honest, I am not sure." Starfire replied. "Sometimes, it can benefit someone, but make another one miserable. Other times, it can help you in a strange way."

        "I guess we'll just have to find out which one we get." Robin said, leaning back in his chair. "Anybody else tired?"

        The Titans nodded and went upstairs to their rooms.

        Raven walked down the black halls to her room. She opened up the door and turned the light on, something she didn't normally do. She closed the door behind her and made sure it was locked. When she was sure, she reached into closet. At the very bottom, underneath a few robes and a bag of mints was a small packet. She took it with trembling fingers.

        {I haven't opened this in years,} she thought.

        Raven ripped off the tape surrounding the small packet and reached inside. She held a picture in her hands.

        "I miss you already," she announced to nobody. She trailed a pale finger down the picture. It was of her and Ebony when they were really little. At that time, Raven was actually happy. She was smiling and Ebony was giggling. However, the picture was taken so long ago that Raven couldn't even remember when it was taken or what the event was. All she knew was that this was all she was going to have for awhile.

        That's what she thought. Raven placed the photo back in its spot.

        The phone rang.

        Hours later, Beast Boy walked downstairs in his pajamas. His eyes were half-closed and his hair was really messed up. He walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass, and filled it with water. He dropped two ice cubes in it and went to go back upstairs when he noticed a flash out of the corner of his eye. He turned around to see the TV on.

        "Dude, who left the TV on?" he asked to nobody. He walked over and pressed the power button on the remote.

        "I was watching that."

        Beast Boy turned around with a sudden jolt. He quickly turned the TV back on to see Raven on the couch.

        "Dude, you scared me!" he exclaimed.

        "Sorry," Raven apologized.

        "What are you doing up at four in the morning anyway?" Beast Boy asked.

        Raven's voice was tiny when she spoke.

        "I received a call from the Galactic Hospital." She announced.

        "Oh," Beast Boy began. "And?"

        "Blackfire's fine." Raven dropped her head. "Ebony is dead."

        Beast Boy sat down next to Raven and placed his hand on her shoulder.

        "Raven, I'm so sorry. I had no idea!"

        "Don't worry about it." Raven insisted. "Besides, I don't miss her. People come, people go."

        "Don't give me that tough-girl thing." Beast Boy lightly scolded. "I know you miss her. Just admit it."

        Silence filled the air. That is, until tears rolled down Raven's cheeks. Beast Boy wrapped his arms around her and let her lean against him.

        "If there's anything I've ever loved in my life, it was Ebony." Raven admitted. "I didn't want you guys thinking I've ever loved anything, so I never told you about her."

        "It's okay." Beast Boy reassured. "Don't worry about it."

        Beast Boy combed through Raven's purple hair with his fingers. Raven's tears stopped falling as she enjoyed being near Beast Boy.

        "Beast Boy," she began. "Did you like Ebony?"

        "Yeah," he replied.

        "No, I mean like her like her." Raven corrected.

        "No, no I didn't." Beast Boy insisted. "I did like Ebony, but not like that."

        "Beast Boy, I-" Raven couldn't finish what she was going to say. Beast Boy placed his finger over her lips, silencing her. Her expression softened. Beast Boy then slowly moved his finger and lightly placed his lips on Raven's.

        {I can't believe this is happening to me.} Raven thought.

        Beast Boy slowly broke away and put Raven's hood down. He stared into her purple eyes.

        "You've never been kissed before, have you?" asked jokingly. Raven blushed slightly. Beast Boy laughed. "It's okay." He said. Raven smiled.

        "Beast Boy," she began. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I love you."

        "I think I love you." Beast Boy insisted.

        The two of them kissed again. Raven took her cape and draped it over herself and Beast Boy.

        {It's a miracle.} She thought.

        The two melted into the darkness.

~*The End*~

I'd like to give a special thanks to Christina Aguilera for the song, and Hot Topic and Abercrombie and Fitch for the stores and clothes and stuff.

There's going to be a sequel.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lyokorulz15 on June 15, 2006, 1:47:56 PM

Lyokorulz15 on
Lyokorulz15o i feal dumb............... whats the sequal going to be called?

voodoo13 on February 18, 2005, 10:18:00 PM

voodoo13 on
voodoo13YAY!!! A Sequel!!! (sp?) Thats story was great ^_^ i thought i should read it seeing as i drew the characters and it was brilliant!! ^_^